• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
All in all with Torreira I'm so sad to see how that ended.
I felt he really came in and did something good for our midfield, and the goal he scored against Sp**s really felt like a breakthrough, and his value doubled (Transfermarkt value) 6-months after we purchased him.

Flash forward to now, we loan him out to Atletico for what? Wage paid?

Pitiful.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All in all with Torreira I'm so sad to see how that ended.
I felt he really came in and did something good for our midfield, and the goal he scored against Sp**s really felt like a breakthrough, and his value doubled (Transfermarkt value) 6-months after we purchased him.

Flash forward to now, we loan him out to Atletico for what? Wage paid?

Pitiful.

Emery gets some unfair criticism but playing Torreira as a weird 10 was one of the worst things he did

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Emery gets some unfair criticism but playing Torreira as a weird 10 was one of the worst things he did
I can't remember exactly how often we did it, and the circumstances around it, but Torreira was after all a 10 retrained to a 6. So I suppose it wasn't completely ridiculous to test out.

As I recall it though, it certainly didn't work, but I don't believe it was tested for long either, so unfair to judge Torreira much on that part in any case(not saying you did).

Depending on when it happened Emery was likely desperate to get something working.. oh well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Feel sorry for Lucas because Emery didn't even want to sign him and then misused him when he got here.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't remember exactly how often we did it, and the circumstances around it, but Torreira was after all a 10 retrained to a 6. So I suppose it wasn't completely ridiculous to test out.

As I recall it though, it certainly didn't work, but I don't believe it was tested for long either, so unfair to judge Torreira much on that part in any case(not saying you did).

Depending on when it happened Emery was likely desperate to get something working.. oh well.

I'm not even judging him. He got played out of position, performed poorly and lost all rhythm and confidence. After that his career here was done

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's such a myth Emery played him out of position. He played him as a CM further up the pitch not a number 10, his job as to break up play higher up the pitch but he as useless at that and was useless as a CDM. Even Simeone plays him the same way in Atletico and he's on the benched there anyway gets subbed on at 80 mins .

GDeep™

League is very weak
Did we loan him to get the wages off? Think him and Guendouzi could have been used as squaddies.

I wanted to sell him, get some money in. Or a loan with an agreement to sign.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also Juventus: That seems a bit steep, no? Italian handgestures How about first a 2-year loan, and then after, we have the option to pay £10M over 30 years if he plays 30 games a season. Sì?

Don’t forget them trying to send you their half-retired 35 year old third choice goalkeeper instead of any actual cash.

However as soon as you want one of their players you’re quoted the GDP of a small European country.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Did we loan him to get the wages off? Think him and Guendouzi could have been used as squaddies.

I wanted to sell him, get some money in. Or a loan with an agreement to sign.

Think we simply could not sell them for a price we deemed acceptable. Considering Covid 19, many clubs probably had limited funds.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Think we simply could not sell them for a price we deemed acceptable. Considering Covid 19, many clubs probably had limited funds.
Pretty much.

Think we had some long winded deals on the table in Italy and he preferred Athletico for obvious reasons - but I can't remember the source could be tabloid fluff.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Don’t forget them trying to send you their half-retired 35 year old third choice goalkeeper instead of any actual cash.

However as soon as you want one of their players you’re quoted the GDP of a small European country.
"Ehh! Amico, you don't want dirty money. Berlusconi want dirty money. No, no. Amico, you want *drumroll* Carlo Pinsoglio"
9FH5.gif

Edu says Carlo is ****.

"Sh*t?? Ehh, how dare you call Carlo sh*t! Have you seen his moves on the pitch?! He moves like José Greco!! New price for you, €20M!"
k1pOtQ.gif

Harz

I don't understand how he's not our mold but Partey is. If we used Torreira and Partey as the two CDMs we could utilize a lazy attacking midfielder ahead of them with a lot of success.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Jesus Arsenal FC had become a curse for players coming here.

Their career spirals downwards rapidly.

The dark side of me prefers that to people like Nasri and Judas going to premier league rivals and winning everything in sight.

Has hardly played. Benched and missed a few games due to Covid. Had a good debut but started just one game after I think and was hauled at half time

Damn. Why are we agreeing to end his loan? What if he has no other takers and we're stuck with him in the squad?

mma

Good. We need a #6 more than anything right now. Can't stand a minute more with Xhaka or Elneny there.

Allegri will know how to use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom