• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malang Sarr

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
My best guess is the Pozzo's (Watford owners) "loan" him to Udinese(other club they own). It will be interesting to see what Watford do, other than defense i think they've got a decent team and quite a few decent youngsters.
They're a decent side tbh did not expect them at all to get relegated.. Especially in physicality. They're one of the most physical teams in the league which explains why we struggle against them

benjamin86

Established Member
They're a decent side tbh did not expect them at all to get relegated.. Especially in physicality. They're one of the most physical teams in the league which explains why we struggle against them
Unfortunate with injuries this year, i don't think they've got to play Welbeck, Deeney and Sarr together more than a handful of times and i don't think they got to play Gerard Deulofeu and Welbeck, Deeney and Sarr once. That as a front 4 is top 9 territory, the defense is not so good...no idea why they signed Craig Dawson and loaned Ben Wilmot.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Watford are a decent side. They had such a terrible start to the season, the humiliation by City last year in the cup final really seemed to affect them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In the year of Covid 19 it would be fitting with Arsenal to end up with Sarrs.

Malang and Ismaila.

giphy.gif

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He signed him on a free and was a one of deal. A one of deal doesnt eclipse the other business. Basically he got lucky with Sol as he contract ended, he wanted to stay in London and at that time we were fighting with United for the league in a 2 horse race.

The minute we fell away abit we couldnt identify good defenders and attract them.

The club has a huge question mark over centre backs. Even defenders in general.

Lauren. Bought as a midfielder.
Toure bought as a midfielder.
Campbell free.
Cole academy.

After that we had:

Debuchy
Sagna
Luhzny
Senderos
Cygan
Djourou
Squillaci
Silvestre
Koscielny
Gallas
Metresacker
Stepanovs
Vermaelen
Eboue
Santos
Monreal
Holding
Chambers
Luiz
Sokratis
Mustafi.

That's only of the top of my head. How many were good? Sagna, Gallas, Kos, Per? Monreal was solid. So out of 21 defenders theres been about 5 decent ones. That isnt a very good %.
Gallas was shxt

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Gallas war far from ****, probably the best defender we`ve had since Campbell to be fair. He will never get as much love from the fans as Kolo, Per or Koscielny (used to) did but I`d say Gallas for most of his time here played at a higher level than the three others mentioned.

Gallas was not a bad CB in Chelsea. He played alright because of chelsea’s defensive approach, and strict tactical discipline.

Then he was truly great and solid at LB when Bridge was injured, with Terry and Carvalho playing in the centre. But he didn't like to play at the left back. That's why he decided to leave.

At Arsenal he was just rubbish. He had no tactical discipline because wenger gave a lot of freedom to his players, and tactical discipline was Gallas’ weakness.

Gallas started to think: “If I am the captain, I have to score at the important times when we need the goal.” So he always ran up the pitch to the strikers position. Not even that, he often stayed up there, not coming back, trying to get that important captain goal.

I remember we have lost so many times because of him running up the pitch, leaving huge gaps in the defence, not caring about his defensive partners or our defensive shape.

Some of you remembered him as a player scoring some important goal for us. Yes, that true. But what is the purpose to score one but to concede three because of him?

But you may ask why some people here didn’t blame him for those goals we conceded? It’s because he was not even in the defence. He was up there with the strikers leaving his partner Toure at the back to clear his mess against 2-3 attackers. Who would look bad? Of course it’s Toure because he had to deal with 2-3 attackers on his own.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess if you're financially disadvantaged compared to your rivals and you wanna play moneyball then this is the sort of signing you do. Plus on paper he can pass, he's quick, aggressive and he's left-footed.

Ideally you'd buy a top class defender, which Sarr obviously isn't right now, but beggars can't be choosers.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess if you're financially disadvantaged compared to your rivals and you wanna play moneyball then this is the sort of signing you do. Plus on paper he can pass, he's quick, aggressive and he's left-footed.

Ideally you'd buy a top class defender, which Sarr obviously isn't right now, but beggars can't be choosers.
One of his weaknesses is that he is only 182?

With his ability, could he be converted to an inverted full back/defensive midfielder?

In this way we could hide his weakness in height and could still uses his passing/defensive ability.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
One of his weaknesses is that he is only 182?

With his ability, could he be converted to an inverted full back/defensive midfielder?

In this way we could hide his weakness in height and could still uses his passing/defensive ability.

Yeah, he's not very good in the air. But Saliba is good in the air, so swings and roundabouts.

Hm nah, looks like he can do a job at LB, but he's a centre back. Just cos he's a bit short and can pass doesn't automatically mean he can play in midfield.

As I said there are better options out there, Gabriel Magalhaes for example, who's much better in the air. But if we really don't have any money and we want a CB then Sarr is a decent option. I doubt he's our prime target though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It'd seem weird signing another purely left-sided CB so soon after signing Mari. Unless it's something Arteta is adamant about. Maybe he wants Mari and Sarr for LCB and Luiz and Saliba for RCB with maybe someone like Chambers or god forbid Mutafi also about so we can play 3atb if needs be too.

I still think if we have a limit in terms of what we can do signing two LCB's so soon would be a bit odd especially when there's bigger priorities. But like I said Arteta knows what he wants in terms of building his squad

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He'd be a great signing and can play at either flank. Had a great debut PL season.

Just waiting for somebody to correct me now.

Malky

Established Member
Wouldn’t mind either way tbh. Definitely a talented young player for free is a great deal.

Even if he’s sh*t, definite resale value.
The way I see this. Rather take the chance with a kid on a free than waste money on another Mustafi, a worthless Luiz or Sokratis.
Spend the money on the midfield.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The way I see this. Rather take the chance with a kid on a free than waste money on another Mustafi, a worthless Luiz or Sokratis.
Spend the money on the midfield.

I basically agree, it's not a terrible deal. But the one doubt is...like Gabriel Magalhaes is right there and the asking price is under 30m. If there's any possibility at all that we could afford that then we should absolutely go for it, cos his ceiling is much much higher.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom