• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Contrary to most other big clubs I actually think Arsenal players tend to be rated about where they were/are for the most part. Maybe a couple of underrated players here and there (Henry is a level above the players he gets compared to like Shearer and Cantona) but I can't think of a player that's been massively overrated.

Maybe Ramsey? Had one unreal season but not much else. Hampered by injuries but was still rated by many as a top class midfielder when I never really saw that outside of that one season. Bit of a what-if with the injuries, probably why he gets rated so highly by some.

Walcott is a weird one, feel like he either gets extremely underrated or overrated depending on the person, very few seem to see him for what he was; forward with good movement, immense pace and good finishing. When he managed to stay fit for longer spells he was very effective and a crucial part of a very playmaker-heavy starting 11. It always weirded me out when I saw people praying to the altar of Ljungberg and call Walcott a waste of space, pretty similar players IMO although not 1=1 of course.

Every single hyped prospect seemingly got ruined by injuries, so it's difficult to really call anyone overrated when their potential was often a part of how fans rated their importance to the club. Players like Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, RVP, Rosicky, Walcott, Gibbs and others could've had very different career if they'd managed to stay fit.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Contrary to most other big clubs I actually think Arsenal players tend to be rated about where they were/are for the most part. Maybe a couple of underrated players here and there (Henry is a level above the players he gets compared to like Shearer and Cantona) but I can't think of a player that's been massively overrated.

Maybe Ramsey? Had one unreal season but not much else. Hampered by injuries but was still rated by many as a top class midfielder when I never really saw that outside of that one season. Bit of a what-if with the injuries, probably why he gets rated so highly by some.

Walcott is a weird one, feel like he either gets extremely underrated or overrated depending on the person, very few seem to see him for what he was; forward with good movement, immense pace and good finishing. When he managed to stay fit for longer spells he was very effective and a crucial part of a very playmaker-heavy starting 11. It always weirded me out when I saw people praying to the altar of Ljungberg and call Walcott a waste of space, pretty similar players IMO although not 1=1 of course.

Every single hyped prospect seemingly got ruined by injuries, so it's difficult to really call anyone overrated when their potential was often a part of how fans rated their importance to the club. Players like Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, RVP, Rosicky, Walcott, Gibbs and others could've had very different career if they'd managed to stay fit.

I have noticed you have a go at Freddie a few times on here, just cause we sold West Ham a well past his best Freddie, there is no need to take it out on him ;)

But being serious, Freddie was a far better player than Walcott...better all round footballer easily, but because he mainly played with an even better player in Pires he had to do a lot of the running, but when it got that run in 01/02 he was amazing in his favoured position (was still very good and more consistent than Theo on the right) you would always want Freddie I your team for big matches, especially in his prime...and like Beckham, Ljungberg has very underrated work rate, probably because of all the modelling stuff he does, but pretty much ran himself into the ground for us every game.

If you had a certain team Walcott may be more useful...but overall, Freddie easily.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Not an Arsenal player, but always found Kante pretty overrated.

The only two titles he won in 2016 and 2017, were two of the worst seasons I have seen in terms of having top teams in them...after that he has been playing in teams that have scrapped into top four, or not got in it..he is nowhere near the best midfielders list of all time in the prem, all he can do is run a lot and tackle, someone like Essien was way more rounded as a player...Kante also has no leadership qualities imo, no personality on the pitch, he just smiles...whenever someone compares this midget to Vieira I get angry.

Obviously still a very good player, but nothing more than a rich man’s Coquelin imo.
Two more titles then our boys have you numptie

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Since he has been here, he hasn't even looked that fast to me, sure he is quick but he's no Theo...Auba's best attribute is his speed of thought, gets into so many goal scoring positions for us, despite the Arsenal team he is playing for not being that creative really, absolute elite movement off the ball.

I kinda agree with Ramsey, he is a very good player, but our fans do tend to overrate him...bit like my post on Lehmann, he is only overrated if you think he is world class...seen some compare him to Lampard and Gerrard which is silly really.
@GDeep™ compared him to Gerrard and lampard FFS.

Ramsey was a good player. Good engine, good passing, and goal threat. But a lot of time, he was a tactical liability. His positional awareness was pathetic. If he could just follow a detailed tactical plan, maybe he'd have been a better player.

If you took a poll now, most arsenal fans will vote as fan will vote him as the most overrated.

A lot of time most fans used berate his performances, but when he was out of the team or injured and the team wasn't doing well, most would say it's due to the absence of Ramsey. Even as he's left arsenal, his legend has only grew.

What I just wrote also applies to Giroud to a certain extent

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's been even more evident recently. People defending the trash players we're linked with, pretending ass like Lacazette, Torreira, Ceballos, Sokratis, is any good. There are posters on this forum that are being paid by the club, at first I said it as a joke but the evidence is too great to ignore.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Genuinely baffled by the Torreira bashing. But then again, i assume some are off my bashing of the biggest fraud in the league. Each to their own i guess.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ramsey is one of my fave modern Arsenal players. Intelligent footballer, physically gifted, massive engine, had big goals in him.

Another who was impacted and you can say, devastated, with injuries.

David Ornestein said Ramsey turned down Real, Utd, Inter, had contact with PSG and Barcelona, all because he got attached to Juventus. These are all super clubs, the best of the best.

His career has been massively affected with injuries though, I spoke to a Juventus fan who told me Ramsey has been excellent and is liked by fans a lot, he just keeps picking up knocks - we, and I as a fan, could totally feel his frustration.

Ramsey had a 3 month purple patch where was excellent. Since the injury Ramsey would produce one good peformance every half a dozen or so matches and he would be poor in all the other matches and struggle to string a couple of passes together. Ramsey only two attributes after the injury was his movement off the ball in attacking movements and his engine. Ramsey was sloppy with his passing, struggled when the team upped the tempo of the passing on the deck, had no defensive positional awareness and opponents dribbled past him with ease.

Emery rightly benched Ramsey due to poor peformances and withdrew the verbally agreed contract offer.

Sarri admitted that Ramsey has struggled at Juventus and currently finds himself as a bench warmer behind a world class Pjanic, an undderrated Bantancur, an 33 year old Matuidi, an out of favour Rabiot and the corpse of Khedira. Juventus are reportedly rumoured to be signing Arthur too.

Just like Song I think we will see him sign for low level club not before long.

UpTheGunnerz

Emery rightly benched Ramsey due to poor peformances and withdrew the verbally agreed contract offer.

That wasnt Emerys decision though, although the usual haters made sure that the discourse around it were pinned on Emery

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's been even more evident recently. People defending the trash players we're linked with, pretending ass like Lacazette, Torreira, Ceballos, Sokratis, is any good. There are posters on this forum that are being paid by the club, at first I said it as a joke but the evidence is too great to ignore.

Glad I’m not the only one noticing. Feel like I’m in the twilight zone when I’m on here, it’s become really weird.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Two more titles then our boys have you numptie

Obviously he's better than our midfield, he can actually run so he beats anyone who plays for us!

The people who hold him up to the best central midfielders the Premiership has seen, I feel overrate him.

UpTheGunnerz

I will say this about Aaron Ramsey: He did step up to the plate in a lot of important matches. That i will always remember fondly.

However, i reckon if his name was Arangino Ramirez people would not rate him nearly as high #racisismeverywhere #tisbutajoke

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I feel like that thigh injury in 2014 was worse for Ramsey than the leg break. He was the best player in the league then got injured for 4 months and never was the same again.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some people always bring up Ramsey's big game record as evidence of his talent.

Well Lingard was a big game player. I guess he's top class

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom