• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Who was Your man of the Match

• Thierry Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cesc Fabregas

• Kolo Toure

• Ashley Cole

• Emmanuel Eboue

• Aleksandr Hleb

• Sol Campbell

• Manuel Almunia (he did make a couple of good saves)

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Total voters

Fab Fabre04

Who was your man of the match?????

shortlist:

Thierry Henry
Cesc Fabregas
Kolo Toure
Ashley Cole
Emmanuel Eboue
Alexsandr Hleb
Sol Campbell
Manuel Almunia (he did make a couple of good saves)
Gilberto
Freddie Ljunburg (can;t believe I forgot Him)

It's really hard to decide but I'd take out Manuel Almunia, Sol Campbell (he did score and he was a hell of a lot better than before but not 100%), Emmanuel Eboue, Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas(Titi and Cesc did really well but after Jens got sent off it put cesc under pressure and he couldn't play the game the way he wanted to, titi was the master of all attacks just didn;t take his chances).

So I'd go for Kolo Toure

awooga83

Established Member
Agree i think Freddie was superb last night ran himself into the ground and offered us a threat and provided great desire and determination until he was finally overcome by tiredness.

Gurgen

Established Member
I should have changed it and included Freddie before moving it, silly me.

Mods do your work!

AFCFan4Ever

Freddie isn't on here but Almunia is??? Oy vey.

Anyways, for me it was Kolo...immense as usual. He put in a tireless performance and never looked out of position or like he was going to get caught napping by Eto'o or Ronnie.

GoodOldArsenal

There are so many good Arsenal players to choose from. :D
Hats off to our defense; they kept a strong Barcelona side at bay for most of the match. To pick one,Sol, great goal and solid defending.

nazo

Established Member
Well Kolo, Sol and Freddie played amazing, but still how couldn't you have included him in the list. :?

Ricky_AFC

Freddie for me. He ran his heart out and showed so much passion for us. He's come under a lot of criticism this season and rightly so, but with this sort of performance you just have to show respect.

Tough choice between freddie and toure.

But if i have to go for one it is toure.How many times did he save arsenal last night?With barca laying seige since the 30 minute he played an important role.My highlight was when he dispossed ronie and laid him on his backside. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom