• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Who was Your man of the Match

• Thierry Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cesc Fabregas

• Kolo Toure

• Ashley Cole

• Emmanuel Eboue

• Aleksandr Hleb

• Sol Campbell

• Manuel Almunia (he did make a couple of good saves)

• Freddie Ljungberg

• Total voters

hollow

I don't rate him, I want us to sell him, but when we were a man down I turned to my mate and said there is not a player on the planet I'd swap with Freddie at this moment in time. And I meant it. Because I knew he would not stop running. Freddie is my MOM.

_alz_

Still IMO Henry was the best Arsenal player on that pitch, if he had scored everbody wold be talking about a brilliant performance in the final.
Look at the way he left Puyol and Marquez on their bottoms.. tremendous

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Freddie by a country mile.

The guy probably ran as far on that pitch as I've driven following Arsenal all season!

Well, maybe not but he was absolutely outstanding and did more to earn a winners medal than anyone on the pitch except the ref!

Almunia - why the hell is that useless excuse for a keeper on the list?

Sammer

Established Member
Freddie by a mile.

I agree with Exiled....why is this rabbit-in-the-headlights keeper listed?

IBL

Established Member
Voted Toure for the job he did on Ronaldinho, but I thought Freddy had a very good game too. Henry worked hard and Cole and Campbell were solid except for the goals.

The whole team worked their socks off, really sad that we werent able to see 11 v 11 as it was shaping up to be a great game.

Jidex

Definite Freddie, i often slate him, but he always turns up for the big games, if only he could show us that kind of form every week in the premiership

AFC no1.

toss up between campbell and freddie been campbells best game for a long time but freddies work rate is out of this world so freddie for me

Fab Fabre04

Exiled In Newcastle said:
Freddie by a country mile.

The guy probably ran as far on that pitch as I've driven following Arsenal all season!

Well, maybe not but he was absolutely outstanding and did more to earn a winners medal than anyone on the pitch except the ref!

Almunia - why the hell is that useless excuse for a keeper on the list?

I thought about taking him off but he did make a few good saves and was pretty solid apart from the last 14 minutes

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Solid as mud!

Come on - he made one reasonable save when he pushed it onto the post but considering the ball was about 3 inches away from his hand he'd have been (rightly) crucified if he hadn't made the save. A good save but one that any keeper should have made.

His distribution was abysmal. His handling suspect. And when everyone's working their nuts of to defend the lead he lets one in at the near post. THE NEAR POST!!!

yeh but he slipped as Eto'o took his first touch and had to get back his balance and by the time he had done that the damage was done. near post should be saved but if you watch it again he slips just as he gets in position

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Freddie.

One of my Partners at work saw him in Hampstead on Friday and congratulated him on his performance, Freddie said he was gutted and looked well pissed off with life.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
23Campbell said:
yeh but he slipped as Eto'o took his first touch

Because he had his feet in the wrong place and was doing the wrong thing. A keeper slipping as a striker approaches him is a condemnation not an excuse.

Gort

Have to go with Freddie, who was really up for this match. Others to commend are Toure and Campbell, the latter for scoring.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom