• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal | 21/02/06

Real Madrid V Arsenal - Man Of The Match

• Eboue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Flamini

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Henry

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
damn this is hard as almost everybody had a good game even the shaky senderos (yes he made 2 mistakes that could give real 2 goals but he also made 5 important pin-point tackles in front of our box that could give real 5 goals too) but i say CESC.

cesc cesc cesc is a catalan!
cesc cesc cesc is in north london!
cesc cesc cesc he's no zidane!
cesc cesc cesc he's a superman!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
rich300 said:
Sorry TG :cry:
Your forgiven :wink:

Poll closes: Wednesday

My MOTM: Cesc, he was brilliant. His passing in the centre of the park was fantastic all night, a great performance on his first trip back home as an Arsenal player.

Special mentions to Eboue, Henry, Reyes and Toure.

TG

gunnerGH

Established Member
Fabregas was immense. This kid is special in a very special way. His passing, skill and technique was amazing from start to finish.

Well done fabregas.

Special mentions to eboue and reyes as well for excellent performance!

gunner_down_under

Eboue for me!!....absolutely dominated Robinho, because before the match, I always thought he would rip through our defence....but I dont even think he managed one stepover last night!......Eboue going forward made me cream my pants last night!....he dispossessed Zidane a few times too and so did Gilberto!

Top top performance....special mention to Cesc, who's probably worth 15mill after last night's performance.....freddie was great, Reyes was awesome, henry was henry, toure was solid, flamini did well too.....I can go on!!......Senderos was a little shaky but still good enough against Luiz Nazario de Lima!

Jasper

I had to pick Henry.
He wasn't the best player on the field.

But the pressure was on him, and he delivered a win!

That's what counts the most!

mariaines

Freddie.. without any doubt and i'm being completly objective here ;D
btw i'm watching the game right now (i'm going to be so late to work tomorrow.. it's 2 AM here) and it's ****ing amazing.. even flamini was good
the goal.. OMG.. no wonder you were saying it looked like dinho's goal at the same stadium..

mariaines

jaguars4ever said:
gunner_down_under said:
Top top performance....special mention to Cesc, who's probably worth 15mill after last night's performance.....
Barca must be fuming... :D

yes :x
but i think we have another things in our mind right now :twisted: :evil:

OneProudGooner

Established Member
It has to be Freddie for me. He was tirelessly linking up plays, tracked back to help our defence, took on a few players and made a few threatening runs into the box which cause havoc in the fragile Real defence.

Special mention for Toure, Gilberto, Cesc, Reyes and Henry

Rahul

i couldnt choose between cesc eboue freddie and GILBERTO but in the end i voted for gilberto.I thought he was awesome in marking Zidane and tracking back every time arsenal lost the ball.cant count the number of times he slowed reals pace after pressing on zidane.he was superb,his best performance in this season by far.hope he can continue playing like this in the prem in the race for 4th spot.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Cesc probably deserves it, but I chose Jose Antonio Reyes.

I just loved the way Reyes attacked Cicinho. It seemed that everytime Reyes was in possession of the ball, Cicinho was thinking to himself, 'Oh ****en hell, here we go again!' He terrorised Cicinho all match long, and should've had a goal and an assist from an Henry header. That's the Jose we want to see.

Jose Antonio Reyes - my Man of the Match.

ucup33

Fabregas, Our youngest player in the team and he is at his best. Especially the passing, 99% accurate (no body perfect you know :) )

Fin_Gooner

Eboue for me. His defending was superb yesterday. Robinho tried all his little tricks but our defensive wall just wouldn't let him past. Pacey little fella :) . Toure, Cesc and Reyes were also magnificent, not to mention Fredda's performance of the season.

goonermanic

Cesc was amazing, and undoubtedly the man of the match, however there is someone else which has not received any mention and I thought the guy was outstanding, Gilberto Silva! If you have the chance to watch the game, you will see that Gilberto was instrumental in breaking up Madrids midfield play, I mean Cesc was there too, but he will be remembered for the manner in which he forced Arsenals counter-attacks, and Gilberto plundered on, and apparantly unnoticed, quietly getting stuck in Madrids build up play!

But not to get too carried away, this was mos def the first gunner performance where everyone in the starting line-up was up for the game, focussed, disciplined and hungry for a result. I feel at ease now with Wengers talk about the talent and belief within this young team, and confident that last night marked the preview of things to come from this young side!

Gunners foreva!
Wenger foreva!

By the way, why could Wenger not be an option as man of the match!

vin de guerre

Tbh I must say that choosing a MOTM for this game and this performance is not good enough. I think there was only one MOTM last night and it was the entire Arsenal Football team! As a unit they were marvellous no matter who or how mistakes were made there was always a comrade around to clean up. Well done all of you gunners!

kamikaze80

Established Member
freddie for me.

vital link between midfield and attack, helped retain possession, made intelligent runs, tracked back to defend and win the ball back and dominated the midfield with cesc. i can scarcely remember zidane and guti with the ball.

special mentions to fabregas, eboue and gilberto.

koivu

Though I went for Cesc, I've got to give props to Freddie, Reyes, Eboue, Gilberto, Hleb, Henry...heck I could go on.

I thought Freddie was outstanding in the middle, he won so many balls and got forward well. Best performance I can remember for ages.

The other lads did well of course but Cesc has got to be the MOTM. Showing his class at the age of 18.

Gurgen

Established Member
Fabregas for me.

Was absolutely faultless, never gave the ball away, and generally made the long-haired ****s in their midfield look like, well, ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom