• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal | 21/02/06

Real Madrid V Arsenal - Man Of The Match

• Eboue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Senderos

• Flamini

• Ljungberg

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Henry

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunneDown

helb for me. worked his arse off, got a little unlucky with a couple of final balls. had the right idea.

James

Established Member
Special mention to Fabregas, Reyes and Eboue...but it was a fantastic team performance, by far our best of the season.

Has to be Cesc for me though, midfield maestro.

...Thierry never scores in the big games when it matters.

zerofeel

Cesc for man of the match for me.He stood up so much higher in the company of world beaters like zidane,beckham and carlos.Unbelievable how a young team can win it! NOW lets beat blackburn on sat!

athreya74

Man Of The Match: Real Madrid v. Arsenal

The whole team deserves a big pat on the back. But individual expression in a team effort is what makes football such a joy. So here are my plaudits.

First of all Arsène deserves a big hand for getting his tactics and personnel absolutely spot on. Guess, all those hacks who slobber over Moaninho's supposed tactical genius were too busy a%^licking to take note but what the heck. Only one question, if RM at Bernebeu was so important to change your tactics and personnel, didn't Liverpool at Anfield also demand an effort on your part to set up and motivate the team?

The whole defence was fantastic with Lehmann and Eboue deserving special mention. Lehmann is possibly in the form of his life. Eboue, thanks for taking the piss off Robinho and Zidane.

In midfield, Gilberto was magnificent with the way he harassed Zidane and broke up a number of moves. Reyes worked his socks off as usual and one suspects he took off some of his frustration about ugly Neville on Cicinho. Freddie was a revelation in middle but god knows what will make him get back his composure inside the box. Hleb was effective although I would love to see him releasing the ball a bit early. Fabregas was awesome and for the first time showed (for the full 90 mins) rest of the world why Arsenal rate him so highly. His energy and vision were a joy to watch and showed up the Geriatricos for what they were.

But despite these performances, TH14 is my MotM. Hardly any excuse is needed for people to slack him off on this forum and other sites. But today he was immense , a sea of calm with a sense of purpose. He got the goal and got it in an imperious manner. He had a number of assists (2 to Reyes and 1 to Freddie that shld have resulted in at least 2 goals), clattered into Zidane early to show that he and Arsenal meant business. He also played his lone striker role to perfection, almost scoring with a header! And towards the end he ran down the clock also in style! Captain fantastic, you deserve the award for shutting up people who doubted your big game credentials. And yes thanks for showing that you can lead by example.

wer

Best player out there was Gilberto, he killed off every opposition attack. Henry, Cesc, Reyes Freddie, Toure, Eboue and Lehmann did well too.

Tegh

Established Member
Fabregas was immense, what a performance. He'll have done his old Catalonian friends proud with a performance beyond his years. He played the right ball every time, and some of his long balls were so accurate you could have been mistaken for thinking it was Beckham who'd played them.

Fabregas, you rock my world.

dsurg

I have picked Eboue because he surprised me the most. Never thought he was that good.

He totally kept Robinho and Zidane quiet. He was brilliant.

Of course Cesc was the best player in an Arsenal shirt but that isnt a surprise becasue we all know his abilities.

But Eboue. I would never have guessed. Always thought he was good going forward. He was very very very good defending last night

Henry IV

This is a really tough one, which is great because it means the team played well. I'll have to give it to one of the kids because, with all respect to Henry, Ljungberg, Gilberto, Lehmann and Toure, they've all proved themselves on big European nights before, like the win over Inter. So I think I'll go with Fabregas. He was calm, assured and ran the midfield with skill and intelligence. He's a fantastic player and Wenger's found us a real gem.

Sammer

Established Member
Fabregas - for making the Master of Football Art, Zidane, look very old....

Kolo - for being a rock in defense and for providing stability.

Eboue - for making Robinhos stepover look like cheap tricks and for keeping one of the best attacking players of the Spanish league 100% out of the game..

Reyes - for terrorizing the highly rated Cicinho and initiating one attacking wave after the other in the 1st half

Ljungberg - for finally beating his man ! ...and for providing the long-sought link to Henry in attack

Lehmann - for keeping calm, composed and focussed under this immense pressure

Henry - for scoring that immense goal and for making the Galacticos look very silly most of the time.

Of course, special mention to all the other team-members.

Legend#1

Established Member
Cesc for me.

So composed on the ball, it was obvious he had a point to prove after Real fans said he'd never make it in La Liga, also being a Barca boy, he wanted to beat them so badly.

NEVER lost the ball, kept posession so well, his passing was brilliant, got stuck in when he had too, helped out in attack and defence, world class performance.

Special mentions to the whole team.

tgr

dsurg said:
I have picked Eboue because he surprised me the most. Never thought he was that good.

He totally kept Robinho and Zidane quiet. He was brilliant.

Of course Cesc was the best player in an Arsenal shirt but that isnt a surprise becasue we all know his abilities.

But Eboue. I would never have guessed. Always thought he was good going forward. He was very very very good defending last night

hes great. i watched ivory coast twice on tv early this year. hes class

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Emmanuel Eboue for me. He absolutely dominated the right hand side. Zidane, Carlos, and Robinho couldn't generate any real attcking threat like they usually do down that flank.

Army of Me

Established Member
i haven't seen the poll results so far, but i can imagine this is really close.

there were 11 heroes playing in yellow (and black, jens!) last night, and it's damn hard trying to pick the best of a great bunch, but here goes...

Eboue.

It has to be, the way he patrolled the right side of the pitch all night was nothing short of outstanding. Was Robinho playing? Kind of, he was all snug in Eboue's back pocket all night.

Special mention's to the following as well...

Toure - Never put a foot wrong all night, obviously helped out by the rest of the team, but organised everything at the back like the world class CB he is.

Cesc - Controlled the middle of the park as if he owned the ground. Whenever he received the ball he was always looking to distribute it forward. He was never wasteful and he really showed Zizou up.

Ljungberg - Where the hell did this come from? He's been poor all season yet he moves 5 yards infield and all of a sudden he's a different player. He did bottle it when he was clean through v Cassillas, but we'll let him off this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom