• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle United | 23/01/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Cole

• Vieira

• Flamini

• Reyes

• Pires

• Bergkamp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Arsenal 1 - Newcastle 0

Goal: Dennis Bergkamp

1-0 to the Arsenal was enough to secure all three points in an Arsenal dominated match at Highbury. It could have been alot more than that if Given hadn't saved everything, apart from the goal. We looked alot better in this game than we did last week, creating great chances and defending alot better. Good to see that we can keep the pressure on Chelsea and keep second spot.

My highlight: Dennis' goal and the improved team performance.

My lowlight: Shay Given's ability to keep EVERYTHING (apart from the goal) out of his goal.

My MOTM: Either Dennis who got the goal and looked lively all match or Patrick Vieira who had a great match in midfield.

So who was your MOTM? Whoever it was vote and leave a comment before Tuesday.

tg :)

slapz

I voted Patrick cos he got stuck into the midfield

Overall though, Shay Given was best player on the park... outstanding saves he made

Weakerthan

Reyes. I had my eye on him and he worked very hard with trademark great attitude. Many of his low crosses into the box from the left-hand side were marvellous.

Whole team did very well though. I could write a shining review on each but I'm happy for Reyes.

koivu

I voted for Paddy but must also mention Bergy and Reyes. A lot of the lads did well today, I was quite happy despite only winning 1-0.

As mentioned, Given was outstanding today and kept his team in the match.

All in all, a positive performance which should help the confidence. Let's keep it up!

A

Anonymous

Bergy for me coz he was the main link from midfield to attack (and was great at it).

Despite Vieira have a great game 1 out of 20........hope he keeps it up for Keano!!

Ratinho

Established Member
That's what i've been waiting for, and i'll criticise when he's poor and praise when he's special.

Patrick Vieira dominated the midfield, and showed that this five across the middle, when he's on form, will just leave teams completely toothless as an attacking force against us. Back to his dominating, defensive best, due to the fact that he sat in the midfield and only attacked when we had space and it was appropriate, as in, he didn't try and be what he's not. \o/

Flamini (he is back for good, right??) and Reyes get mentions too. Flamini was brilliant, and showed the energy and speed of thought that we need to play our football, and Reyes was back to turning his man and flying.

Should have been 6-0, best performance in months. ;D

Canuck

Established Member
I wanted to say Bergy for the goal, but he didn't do that much else according to reports.
I wanted to say Reyes since he had a very good match and is showing great a great attitude on the pitch.
I wanted to say Paddy because he was our rock...

but I'm going to say Flamini, since he helped to rouse the sleeping giant!
It was Flamini working his a** off in the middle that helped Paddy to be our commanding captain again and do what he does best without having to worry.

As good as Cesc is, if Vieira is more comfortable with Flamini, then that is our best CMF pairing until Gilberto is back.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Vieira and Flamini are a much better combination but I wonder who Wenger will bring in once Edu leaves.. and yes Bergkamp was quite quiet after he scored.

Ratinho

Established Member
I think we all know why we were so good, and fans of Fabregas (Like me) won't be that happy.

Fabregas is a wonderful player, and will hopefully play a massive part in our future.

Flamini suits our system right now, so much better.

kel varnsen

Established Member
1.reyes
2.flamini
3.bergkamp/vieira

reyes and flamini were outstanding today. reyes' crossing were superb; both cole and henry should have scored today.

Mark

Established Member
I voted for Vieira as he showed the kind of form that makes him unstoppable. Forget that 5-man midfield rubbish - if Vieira plays to the best of his ability we can deal with it. I'm not sure if his performance might've been down to Flamini though. Vieira seems to play better with him. Our better results recently came with those two playing together.

awooga83

Established Member
Vieira as mentioned finally producing the form we know hes capbale of and when we he is on form we produce the football we know we can. We weren't clinical today but we dominated the game in a way we haven't managed to when vieira has been off form.

nidza7

Established Member
rite,captain was great today,so was Flamini exept one clumsy move in our box few minutes from time,when he lost the ball intead of kickin` it out.Sol gave him `what the **** are you doing?` look. :|

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Patrick. Immense, and in that mood, unstoppable. Hopefully, he can push on from here.

But also thought Reyes was awesome today, until the last twenty. A much better performance all round. Don't know how that **** Bowyer was still on the pitch at half time, let alone the final whistle, though.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Big Paddy for me. He was throwing his body around in the midfiled like he used to when he dominated the game. It was refreshing to see him stealing the ball off the midfiled and running the counter-attack, only to have Given deny us time and time again.

So Patrick Vieira for me, with Flamini and Henry. Although Henry didnt score, he was menacing the Newcastle defence plenty of times. Could of gotten a hat-trick had Given not been in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom