• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Anelka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergy_1995

Don't see us signing him at all. Wenger's got his strikers set now. Even with Ade gone in January we've still got Persie, Eduardo, Bendter, Walcott..... if there's any injury to one of them he'll sign a quick-fix striker.... not Anelka.

United will more than likely go for him. It'll be a class signing for them aswell.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i would go for afonso alves in a 6m deal.

but looks like boro is snaping him up to replace yakubu.

i would even take yakubu than anelka

Bergy_1995

No offence to Boro but if this Alves fella was any good, and priced at 6million, I'm sure United or other top teams would've had him before now. I've heard he's an over-rated camel.

Paddy from Sweden

Herenveen has said during the summer that they want about £15m-17m for Afonso Alves so forget about £6m. I think they would settle for £10m-12m. They believe they have a very valuable player because of his goalscoring spree last season but for me he isn't worth more than £6m-8m. Remember that he has only scored that much in ONE season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Bergy_1995 said:
Don't see us signing him at all. Wenger's got his strikers set now. Even with Ade gone in January we've still got Persie, Eduardo, Bendter, Walcott..... if there's any injury to one of them he'll sign a quick-fix striker.... not Anelka.
yea except all those strikers suck (relatively speaking) except van persie and probably eduardo.

and anelka IS a stopgap measure. he's 28 - if we can sign him for ~10m and get 3 good years out of him, i think thats good business in the current climate.

what i wish is that we had someone with adebayors attributes available to play LM or RM. fast, tall, dynamic but skillful enough to take on defenders, makes great forward runs and has an eye for the pass. and decent finishing ability.

quattro

fast, tall, dynamic but skillful enough to take on defenders, makes great forward runs and has an eye for the pass. and decent finishing ability.
we just sold that one to barcelona

stuart

Established Member
Yep on skysports and all now. Thats a great capture for Bolton, had he gone, they'd have been in serious trouble. His goals might be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom