• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyArsenal

Interesting if that means, that they are not renewing the contract from Ramos. Both played the LCB Part in the last years.

Because i doubt, that they will pay a big wage for Ramos just to be Back-Up for Alaba and play "some" games. And the Left Back Position is pretty well covered with Mendy.
David only played LCB for 1,5 season at this point...

Even if Ramos were to stay, he seems to be very injury prone at the moment, and keep in mind that Alaba is 5-6 years younger.

Plus, as you’ve said, Alaba can ply LB on a worldclass level (arguably still his best position) and regularly plays LM or LCM for Austria.

He‘ll likely get plenty of playing time even with Ramos staying!

Word is though, that David is still waiting for Barcelona to swoop in though....
And that Real is only using him in order to show Ramos they already have a successor so too pressure him into their wanted contract.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Wonder if Lautaro moves this year and if so to whom. Strong links to Barca last summer but they're broke, and they're also linked to Depay. For me if Barca go for Depay I'd be tempted to put a big ol' offer down for Lautaro. Likewise if Barca go for Lautaro I'd go for Depay.

Depay, Lautaro, G. Jesus, Dybala...outside bet but I wonder if one of them could be our marquee summer signing and Lacazette replacement.

How do you think Lautaro's career pans out? In all honesty I've not been overly impressed by him, a bit like Dybala, the talent is definitely there but it doesnt always show at times.

Barca seems the place I see him going, how I dont know.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How do you think Lautaro's career pans out? In all honesty I've not been overly impressed by him, a bit like Dybala, the talent is definitely there but it doesnt always show at times.

Barca seems the place I see him going, how I dont know.

I don't know, he has talent for sure, whether he's a genuine 25 goal a season striker or not I don't know, but he'll score lots of goals and some very good goals. We were interested before he left Argentina. It does appear Barca is the destination but not necessarily, otherwise I can see City in for him possibly.

We need a marquee forward but I can't see us going for Lautaro. Even Dybala is slightly more likely than Lautaro.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I don't know, he has talent for sure, whether he's a genuine 25 goal a season striker or not I don't know, but he'll score lots of goals and some very good goals. We were interested before he left Argentina. It does appear Barca is the destination but not necessarily, otherwise I can see City in for him possibly.

We need a marquee forward but I can't see us going for Lautaro. Even Dybala is slightly more likely than Lautaro.

Any marquee striker we want will be difficult, City surely will be in the market for one in the summer, Aguero is on his last legs.

I think our business will be dictated by what other clubs do unfortunately.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

What we thinking? Sp**s maybe? Leicester? City or Utd even? Could Liverpool even come back in?

Would moonwalk through United's starting lineup. Would be a good partner and long term replacement for Vardy for Leicester. Sp**s don't need him. I think he'd make City's but probably not the type of player they want. At Liverpool, they may see him as a bench option.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Any marquee striker we want will be difficult, City surely will be in the market for one in the summer, Aguero is on his last legs.

I think our business will be dictated by what other clubs do unfortunately.

True, but occasionally we do pull a genuine surprise out of the bag. Pepe for example, just this time it needs to be a better surprise.

I think we would benefit either from a traditional target man no. 9 or from a creative player who can play CF. Don't see many outstanding candidates for the former, but Depay and Dybala jump out to me. Both started out wide or at no. 10 but can play CF, both could work well with Auba at LW imo.

Depay seems the obvious and sensible choice, he's on a free. But it's not like Dybala would cost 150m or something, he only has 1 year left on his contract and he was already close to leaving last year. Offer him a big contract and MVP status, a bit like when Özil came here from Madrid. Not sure it's the most sensible move, but it'd certainly get fans excited.

Still want Grealish more than anyone, but with Auba at LW and ESR coming through in midfield it's not actually immediately obvious where you'd even play him. Which is why I think CF is the position to go big on, as well as a technical CM.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's just 28? Surely there's no better age for a striker.

I think we should be buying 23-25 year olds at the start of their peak. Who knows what happens, maybe he drops off next season. He's not exactly got a clear injury history.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ings is bit injury prone so any team sign they'll be at risk specially high wages he want. For us if we want to replace laca go for Edouard Daka and if we can't get those there is players like Zapata who similar age as laca but he very good striker

Bloodbather

Established Member

What we thinking? Sp**s maybe? Leicester? City or Utd even? Could Liverpool even come back in?

Leicester should be all over him as a Vardy replacement. Vardy just turned 34, Ings is 28, could easily slot in and serve for four-five years.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Can see Ings going to Tottenham or Leicester. Wouldn't mind him here but his injury record, age and wages wouldn't favor us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saw him a bit before his big injury and he seemed a decent player.

Loan with option is a good deal for Palace, finally helping out Zaha.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Yep, good signings for them, dangerous, fast forward, good physicality, always rated him.

Bit weird Mainz are selling him as he's definitely their best player and lifeline, but woodwork says it's a) Corona and Mainz need money or rather it's about writing off transfer sums and wages later to not have them written off right now which eases their current financial burden b) he isn't particularly motivated to continue playing for them in the relegation battle they're in.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Is he a pure striker? I need a striker for FPL Draft so I will pick him up if thats the case (and no one below me realises him). If he's a mid I don't know if I would swap out my worst mids (Lookman and Soucek) for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom