• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Park Chu-Young (Out)

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
The more likely rumour is we bought Park as a back up for around 2-3m and agreed to pay £5m more if his military service was waved, which we believed wouldn't happen. Park actually already had the military service waved and didn't let us know, meaning we paid 5m more. Wenger felt betrayed and condemned Park to the reserves killing his career.

The other possibility is, he was simply a back up for our other targets we missed out on. We supposedly bid for Jovetic on the last day of the window and had the offer rejected. And having only 2 strikers we needed Park as a back up as RVP was particularly injury prone.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fresharsenal.com/arsenal-to-release-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fresharsenal.com/arsenal-to-release-striker/</a>
park about to be released
so that leaves Santos, Gervinho, Chamak and Bendtner

oh to be a goon

I thought we matched Lille's offer, which was enough for Monaco, and then Park was like F- this I'm going to Arsenal and ran away to us.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He was available for 2m and was considered to be a very good bargain in France
Wenger took the chance and it didnt work

MDGoonah41

Established Member
its funny that he scored a great goal (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvmfBnwoPHE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvmfBnwoPHE</a>) and then basically disappeared off the map

bye

mo50

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:

This guy played for 8 minutes. That's not giving someone a chance, far from it. If he was so **** he couldn't even do anything in training, then the scout that recommended him should be sacked. I bet it's the same guy that scouted Gervinho.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
mo50 said:
jmsmtthw28 said:

This guy played for 8 minutes. That's not giving someone a chance, far from it. If he was so **** he couldn't even do anything in training, then the scout that recommended him should be sacked. I bet it's the same guy that scouted Gervinho.
Wenger watched Ligue One as well mate, has contact inside Monaco he knew the player he was buying.
I dont know why Park never got a chance at Arsenal it could be physically he wasn't up to it or something else but it didnt work out and hopefully his contract will be terminated soon

La Sagna

Established Member
I thought we bought him because Lille sold Hazard to Chelsea and not us?

And that was our punishment to them- by stealing their replacement

Makes sense to me

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I thought Wenger wanted to buy an actual Park for the under 6's, but Grimandi got Chu Young and we couldn't back out of the deal?

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
mo50 said:
jmsmtthw28 said:

article-0-014C0CF7000004B0-498_468x428.jpg

Gilles 'The Great' Grimandi.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
La Sagna said:
I thought we bought him because Lille sold Hazard to Chelsea and not us?

And that was our punishment to them- by stealing their replacement

Makes sense to me

You need to check the dates of the two transfers :).

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom