• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Park Chu-Young (Out)

Bigbludfire

Established Member
So we paid 5m instead of the 2m because he dodged military service? Then releasing him... Seems too un-Wenger like in my opinion

Bigbludfire

Established Member
So we paid 5m instead of the 2m because he dodged military service? Then releasing him... Seems too un-Wenger like in my opinion

US_Gooner

Established Member
Whoa. I knew we released him but £5.5m is quite a writedown.

Gunners executives went as far as writing off £5.5million in their accounts to cover the wages of the transfer flop.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2013/07/04/arsenal-clear-out-deadwood-as-park-chu-young-released/#ixzz2YHdETNjv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2013/07/04/arsena ... z2YHdETNjv</a>

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would rather see us loan him than release him, he's got one year on his contract so we will lose a few million but not the whole thing
Hopefully his contract will terminated through mutual consent and we wont have to buy him out of his contract

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I don't think there's any team out there silly enough to pay a million never mind few millions for him.

I say let's cut our losses and move on with him and few others.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
SomGooner said:
I don't think there's any team out there silly enough to pay a million never mind few millions for him.

I say let's cut our losses and move on with him and few others.
their always a team willing to take a chance on a player, always but I agree a part of me just wants to buy out his contract and move on

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Definitely, definitamos something to do with that military service.another thing is that judas was surprisingly healthy that season, even chammy, who already had settled at arsenal, the league, even had a nice run of form back, was almost completely shunned.they were always backups, and although we took a gamble, were just not good enough

The real problem goes back to the formation switch and having the right balance.rvp was great when available, but quite a headache to have him in a balanced squad/rotation.perhaps replacing ade with a versatile attacker would've been the right approach. We Webern tried bendy there, and rightfully as he showed potential. Coupled with dudu injury abs his subsequent form, we were a little unlucky in the timing of all these events.

Even Suarez back in summer 2010 would have been never too late.cham park gervais wouldnever have happened, and would have been a solid backing to the supposed promise to cesc as one last season/chance. Plus instead of squid, could have added merts which we eventually did

So many what ifs.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Park supposedly was aloud to defer his military service, which would have pushed his transfer fee up to 8m instead of the initial 3m. If he's doing his military service then perhaps we don't pay the 5m bonus.

Maybe Wenger killed Park's career to avoid paying the 8m, it may all make sense now!!!!

La Sagna

Established Member
Yeah Park's South Korea won the olympic bronze last year, which meant they were exempt from military service for either a time period or for ever

Its just a complete mystery, and doesn't even seem like Park talks to the S Korea media about his frustrations here

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
it's world cup year, ye jammy ca'ent. get yer 'ead out ya arse, will ya??

(did i do it right?)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
The more likely rumour is we bought Park as a back up for around 2-3m and agreed to pay £5m more if his military service was waved, which we believed wouldn't happen. Park actually already had the military service waved and didn't let us know, meaning we paid 5m more. Wenger felt betrayed and condemned Park to the reserves killing his career.

The other possibility is, he was simply a back up for our other targets we missed out on. We supposedly bid for Jovetic on the last day of the window and had the offer rejected. And having only 2 strikers we needed Park as a back up as RVP was particularly injury prone.

so is this the consensus?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom