• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Will start to seriously get worried if tomorrow we don't make any movement.
I know it could happen in deadline but if we seriously want him we should've improved our bid by now

BBF

Don't know if this guy knows anything or if he's just making an educated guess. Apparently he used to work at the club, so he may have some insight. Doesn't seem to put stupid stuff out there or make outlandish claims.

What's he telling us that no one else knows?

There's no such thing as an Arsenal ITK bar Dean who knows someone involved with passing on press information and that's why he gets team sheets/injuries mostly right. Most journalists don't go round speaking to cleaners who stumble across Aubameyang transfer documents like everyone wants to believe. Most of the stuff you hear is passing information or stuff that comes from players rep leaks. I used to do work for a newspaper that covered a premier league team after uni and 90% of the information in the sports bit came from agents that were doing it on purpose.

MkhiMagic

I wish i could be as optimistic as some of you but its not possible. I dont understand the optimism at all tbh. We are destined to fvck this up.
Yeah I feel as though this deal is dead now, zero confidence. When we were first linked and the delegation went to dortmund I felt 99% confident. Just unreal to lose out on a player like this because you're not willing to pay an extra 5-10 million. Hope I'm ultimately wrong but not holding my breath.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we are serious about top 4 we will pay the money. No excuses at all for this not to happen, makes you wonder why we didnt pay the 50m for Malcom

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Another problem: Auba is the only attacking player we are seriously linked to. If we dont get him we will probably get nothing despite the loss of the dogshagger. Mkhi is Mkhi but he is not enough.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Don't know if this guy knows anything or if he's just making an educated guess. Apparently he used to work at the club, so he may have some insight. Doesn't seem to put stupid stuff out there or make outlandish claims.

He did work experience one summer (he's said so himself). Hardly think he'd pick up any 'contacts.'

He also thinks Dialsquare is a good guy, so you have to question his sanity, too.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Will start to seriously get worried if tomorrow we don't make any movement.
I know it could happen in deadline but if we seriously want him we should've improved our bid by now

Nothing's likely to happen tomorrow because of the court hearing.

Reverse psychology, don't fail me now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What's he telling us that no one else knows?

There's no such thing as an Arsenal ITK bar Dean who knows someone involved with passing on press information and that's why he gets team sheets/injuries mostly right. Most journalists don't go round speaking to cleaners who stumble across Aubameyang transfer documents like everyone wants to believe. Most of the stuff you hear is passing information or stuff that comes from players rep leaks. I used to do work for a newspaper that covered a premier league team after uni and 90% of the information in the sports bit came from agents that were doing it on purpose.

That's why I said he may just be making an educated guess. He may or may not have been told something by somebody he knows at the club. We don't -- and can't -- know that one way or another.

As for these so-called "ITKs," I don't believe in them.

I made my living as a sports writer and editor for about 30 years (plus stints as a news reporter and as the managing editor of a paper). I consider very little of what I see surrounding Premier League transfers to be journalism. Mostly it's just speculation and rehashing the speculation of others. Sometimes they do hear things from agents or somebody within a club, but since they're not working in investigative journalism it's usually what the agent or the club wants out there, not anything they want hushed up.

My sources were usually coaches and people in administration. Then again, I also worked in college administration for three years as a sports information director. So sometimes I was the source.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
That's why I said he may just be making an educated guess. He may or may not have been told something by somebody he knows at the club. We don't -- and can't -- know that one way or another.

As for these so-called "ITKs," I don't believe in them.

I made my living as a sports writer and editor for about 30 years (plus stints as a news reporter and as the managing editor of a paper). I consider very little of what I see surrounding Premier League transfers to be journalism. Mostly it's just speculation and rehashing the speculation of others. Sometimes they do hear things from agents or somebody within a club, but since they're not working in investigative journalism it's usually what the agent or the club wants out there, not anything they want hushed up.

My sources were usually coaches and people in administration. Then again, I also worked in college administration for three years as a sports information director. So sometimes I was the source.

Are you a celebrity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom