PL: Arsenal v Chelsea | January 19, 2019 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Jan 19, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

41.9%
  2. Draw

22.6%
  3. Chelsea Win

35.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

He's unpredictable which is great for a striker, terrible for a defender. Makes rest of defense and goalkeeper a bag of nerves. "is he going to make a smart tackle/interception or fall over and leave the forward 1v1 on the keeper"

2. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Ramsey has done assigned tasks to him from Emery perfectly. Jorginho was in his pocket.

Emery has schooled chain-smoker Sarri in both games. Luck was on the Chelsea side in the first match. Should have won both games.

3. IchirotoV2

IchirotoV2 Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna keep being pessimistic.

We'll lose against whatever the name of the next club is.

4. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

I wish Ramsey was staying. Captain's performance from him without the armband.

Giroud12 likes this.
  5. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

I'd rather Jenkinson than Lichsteiner

6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Choices:lol:

For what it's worth, he'll go with AMN. Doubt we'll sign a RB, tbh.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  7. Gooner Zig

And rightly so, AMN did well at FB last season - I'd rather him over all our 'other' options

8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

I'd rather you over Jenkinson or Lich.

AMN has done OK in that position despite, obviously, being a CM:lol: Although what he was doing today when he gave that corner, only he will know.

Dj_sds - and Gooner Zig like this.
  9. Gooner Zig

That was a ****ing joke - our fans can be awful at times

Dj_sds - likes this.
  10. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the game as I was at work and avoided ALL scores lol glad I did as the boys did us proud! I loved every minute of us chasing them down and getting in their face! Also, special shoutout to Kosc who really was on his game today! Thank you Gunners for a wonderful performance and long may it continue!

11. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

I turned off the match v. Westham and decided I didn't care about football. Managed to live a healthy life for a week.

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I’m smashed, Lacazette unreal. @Hydro I’m sending you so many deaths threats tonight alrhough I wouldn’t do anything. Point still stands

13. Gooner Zig

Is Higuain a done deal? I literally don't have time to follow anything outside of Arsenal games and some podcasts.

14. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

It's a shame we didnt play like that against West Ham last week, we probably would have beaten them I'd say. Surely he'll have to stay with a back 4 now you'd think? On to the game now, what a top notch performance that was. Chelsea never even looked like scoring, only Pedro & the grub Alonso got the main chances. We played all over them from start to finish.

15. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

The contrast between our performances in big and small games is puzzling. To be fair to Emery though, Liverpool had those same exact problems during the early stages of Klopp's management there.

16. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

London has always been red.

Arai and krackpot like this.
  17. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

18. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Much rather him than AMN. Dont see the point of having him here and training with the first team if we're not gonna play him.

19. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Great performance without the ball not very good on the ball . We were much better on the ball v Sp**s and Liverpool . Not sure we could get away with that level of erratic possession against United .

Playing Mkhi and Iwobi would definitely alleviate that a bit .

krackpot likes this.
  20. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Yeah according to the reports it's as good as done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.