• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal V Chelsea Sun 26th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smith

Established Member
We've got many world class attacking options, I don't think we've got room for much more.
In my opinion, beating these Mourinho tactics comes down to extreme determination and bravery, not so much the quality.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
also Bellerin did well today also he saved us from going behind in first half i'm sure this guy gonna be big player for us.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If Reus is available this summer and Wenger doesn't attempt to sign him because " we have Welbeck that can play on the wing" I think I'll ****ing top myself, still not taken to him at all.

Heh Hunter and dbig let's not encourage the guy to top himself .

Bigbludfire

Established Member
We should win the league next year. I can never remember a more pragmatic cynical team win the league playing like this.

Yeah of course we should. We should definitely win the league with performances like this. Beating a load of **** and then falling the first hurdle against the the teams we need to beat is definitely title worthy

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We really lacked width on the right and forward passes from central midfield. I would be interested to see Cazorla's passing stats today, really didn't seem like he wanted to commit. He was very much on the periphery. You can't play two central midfielders, without one of them being willing to break the lines and drive through the middle. As soon as Ramsey went into the middle he dragged the holding midfielders out of position. I thought we were very conservative today and seemed to settle for the draw.

I don't understand footballers sometimes. Sanchez had Ivanovic scared in the first 8 minutes. Why not give him the ball and let him go at him constantly until he forces the booking. Ivannovic got booked late in the second half and it wasn't due to bad refereeing. We didn't put him under pressure.

Iceman10

Established Member
Seems like its down to Ox not being available and a reluctance to play Theo, for whatever reason.
Wenger does tend to go by seniority and I would suggest he rather likes Cazorla, Özil, and Sanchez all playing in there due to being at the top of the pecking order, in terms of top level experience, etc. Makes sense to a certain point in terms of winning (not this match but our run prior) but there are some drawbacks also.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't be too harsh on our attackers as frustrating as they are, Chelsea done the same to United an City who are much better in big games than us.
We're doing it to get each of Özil, Cazorla and him into the side all at once.
Which is bad management, the City away game with Cazorla central has made Wenger's mind up for him, thinks he's got his own Xavi clone now.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don't think I'll ever change my opinion on Welbeck. From deadline day when I heard we were in for him I was skeptical, he's done nothing to prove me wrong.

That dribble at the end was ****ing awful, even when he won us the corner we could've made more of that situation. Up front he's abysmal.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Ramirez 1 on 1

Yeah, definitely the chance of the game.

I reckon the people saying it was "end to end" are spot on. In possession stats, no, but in chances, definitely. 2 penalties that could've easily been given and a massive chance wasted by Chelsea. The only reason you weren't caught on the break more often was because you were content with getting yellows by hacking down the ball carrier.

I reckon that's what Wenger took Coquelin off as well. He knew you'd have to chop the ****ers down on the break to be safe, and he didn't want to risk Coquelin getting a second yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom