• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal V Chelsea Sun 26th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveEvets

We killed ourselves today. Özil/Welbeck hits that last cross and win 1-0.

More accurately, we killed ourselves not starting with Theo on the right, who would have consistently been in the same position Monreal was meaning we create more clear chances to score from

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Terry celebrating at the end was just weird . Reminded me of when he donned a Chelsea jersey after the CL final .

David Smith

Established Member
Chelsea got the wings defended well, they dealt with every set piece and every cross with ease. More width wouldn't have got us a goal, would only give Chelsea more counter attacking opportunities. We did well to stop their counterattacks today.

elber82

Calm your tits. Getting a draw away against the most in-form side in the league and the last rival for the title is a massive result, and he managed to completely kill the game. You had 1 shot on target, so it's not like Courtois had to make some heroic saves. He simply just nullified everything you did, which is what Mourinho is great at.

We know what he did, we know he pulled it off. Just don't try making him out to be some genius for playing completely anti-football.

And don't give me that adjusting against the most in-form side crap. He used the same tactic he uses against every decent side he comes up against away from home. He did the same **** at the etihad, Old Trafford, Emirates and anfield last season. He did it against PSG and Atletico away in CL. He hasn't got the balls to come out take the initiative and play football which is what he should be doing with the quality of players he has at his disposal.

Annoys the absolute **** out me the amount of naive pricks kissing his arse for coming up with the same tactics minnows deploy against the big boys.

Özil tucks that chance away right at the end and idiots like you would be hammering Mourinho for being too negative.

Mod. Edit:
Calm down, seriously.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not a terrible result but that's the title gone I guess.

I ****ing hate this formation though. No pace to stretch them and we were so narrow. Why can't we play Walcott more?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You feel the only way we'll beat a Mourinho side with Wenger in charge is if we get Messi on loan for the game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
At least we showed some sort of intelligence with the tactical fouls at the end of the game. Complete opposite to the start of the season, when we'd willingly sacrifice a point by trying to get three at all costs.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

By the way very happy with how cynical we were too chopping Hazard down on the breaks . Good stuff boys .

Livedk

Established Member
Alexis tries to force the issue to much at times, something he definitely needs to improve on especially against the very top teams.

what should he have done ? waited for Giroud to be open ? we are making things hard on him and Özil when we got a lamppost for a striker vs a team like chelsea.

it isnt a dig on Giroud, he is what he is and can be useful, but he was never i a million years going to have any sort of impact on this game.

35 touches of the ball for a guy who we wasted most of our attacks trying to hit -while he also dropped deep isnt good enough.

we should have had a mobile striker for a game like this - and since he also needs to be somewhat productive in front of goal, welbeck isnt it.

while most of us love our players, there is a big quality gap between them.

chelsea got a balanced squad without anyone dragging them down - thats why they are winning the PL.

but on a positive note.

we did pretty much gain 2 points on united today due to them ****ing up their goal-difference.

Refo

The left flank was all too bizarre at times. Its clear as daylight that Özil's vaunted stealth movement onto the left is hindered by Sanchez's lack of movement. There were more than a few occasions where Özil was caught on the ball, and it was no surprise that Sanchez was in the vicinity, with the man marking him cheating off of Sanchez to deny Özil a ball. When Özil drifted on to the right on a couple of occasions, it was due to Ramsey's vacated space.

Along with that, Özil decides to make 3 vertical runs in the 2nd half, something Sanchez needs to be doing, and Sanchez tries to play Özil in, but over hits all 3 balls. That should NOT be happening on a regular basis. Özil should be the one trying to play Sanchez in.

That's not to say Özil wasn't poor individually. He had too many loose touches, including one in the box that would've given him a prime opportunity to play a good ball, or test the keeper. His final ball was also lacking, and that whiff at the end was just bad.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
**** off you mug!

We know what he did, we know he pulled it off. Just don't try making him out to be some genius for playing completely anti-football.

And don't give me that adjusting against the most in-form side crap. He used the same tactic he uses against every decent side he comes up against away from home. He did the same **** at the etihad, Old Trafford, Emirates and anfield last season. He did it against PSG and Atletico away in CL. He hasn't got the balls to come out take the initiative and play football which is what he should be doing with the quality of players he has at his disposal.

Annoys the absolute **** out me the amount of naive pricks kissing his arse for coming up with the same tactics minnows deploy against the big boys.

Özil tucks that chance away right at the end and idiots like you would be hammering Mourinho for being too negative.

Holy ****ing ****, smoke some hashish or something.

Aside from the ridiculous ad hominem bullshit you're spewing, you're also using straw man arguments like crazy. What if Ramirez has tucked away his massive chance earlier on? What if one of the penalty shouts were given? You can't just take one event from 90 ****ing minutes and say "if that had been different, we would have won!". That's absolute BS, and you know it.

Again, calm your ****ing tits. No need to attack people on here.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Although a bit harsh with the personal attacks on Dok I do agree with Elber. Mourinho's anti-football has ruined big games for far too long. The guy is petrified to actually play against a good team because he'll get done, as his team will be in unfamiliar territory. He couldn't seize the initiative against a 10 man PSG side, when he's not defending a league in a big game the guy is rendered useless.

Putting Zouma on to sit next to Matic, even when we had no DM on the pitch summarises the guy perfectly. Like Carragher said, Mourinho's teams will always be respected but never loved. Jose Mourinho is anti-football.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Maybe the problem with Cazorla in the middle for next season won't be apparent anyway, as these transfer-rumours linking him with a move to Spain never seem to go away.

I just hope that, if this happens, Wenger won't put Jack in there and keep Ramsey on the right.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I do wish Coquelin had ****ed up Cesc though. A cheeky stamp or elbow would have made up for it. Greasy ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom