• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Arsenal V Chelsea Sun 26th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Areas we need sharpening is decision making , Sanchez was guilty of wanting to do to much instead of just letting the game flow a bit . There were three occasions not mentioning Wele miss that we should have scored with better execution. Uncharacteristic errors they were too .

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It feels like a loss to me too. They were there for the taking and we didnt show offensively. One shot on target is rubbish. We've done well results wise recently, but we havent looked good up front. No individual brilliance today, and no goals. Poor.
I think we did show up offensively. We did created several good chances, but failed to put the ball over the correct line. Fair result IMO, on another we would scored, but on other day, they would have scored.

Better than the day we got slaughtered 6-0 at least

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There are no special tactics to go past this, except individual errors and a bit of luck going our way.
I agree also i think our players should try much harder i mean the Özil Welbeck Chance at the end you just can't miss that it was just tap in ffs. in these games specially against these c**ts you will not get many chances to score.

blaze_of_glory

I dont think Chelsea were as boring as made out, they still had the best chances and did play some football in the second half.

We lacked width and attackers getting into the box.

The did not have the best chances. Desperate dives for phantom penalties aren't chances.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We were far too anxious in front of goal, whenever we got close to actually hurting them we just panicked. Would have been brilliant to get one over them today, now I fear the same thing will happen to us when we play them again next season.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Calm your tits. Getting a draw away against the most in-form side in the league and the last rival for the title is a massive result, and he managed to completely kill the game. You had 1 shot on target, so it's not like Courtois had to make some heroic saves. He simply just nullified everything you did, which is what Mourinho is great at.

We killed ourselves today. Özil/Welbeck hits that last cross and win 1-0.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

On the plus side we neutralized Hazard and Fabregas to the point they were a non event .

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Sanchez was guilty of a lack of awareness of his team mates at times. Too often he moved into the congested centre of the pitch with the ball, instead of stretching the play by passing to a FB.

I think it's just a reason of growing into our team and the League, which will come next season.

StrangerThanParadise

We should win the league next year. I can never remember a more pragmatic cynical team win the league playing like this. Say what you want about Ferguson's teams, I don't remember them ever playing like this to win the league.

Sanchez was our worst player for me today, if he finds the right pass on that counter we prob score from that, didn't play the right pass once all game. Bit annoying we couldnt break the Mourinho run. Still got the FA cup and if we can get one more player we should win it next year. Honestly player for player who would you rather have from Chelseas team?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I agree also i think our players should try much harder i mean the Özil Welbeck Chance at the end you just can't miss that it was just tap in ffs. in these games specially against these c**ts you will not get many chances to score.

Yes, that miss by Özil was utterly poor. Wouldn't be this bad had it been deflected by a defender, but the pass came through them right at his feet.

Linson

Ospina 7 - Excellent save to deny Ramires, arguably Chelsea's only clear cut chance

Bellerin 7 - Certainly didn't look out of place, did his job admirably and never really looked like he was getting bummed by Hazard
Mertesacker 7 - Aerially excellent and made some very good challenges
Koscielny 8 - Dominant
Monreal 7 - Solid

Coquelin 8 - Some excellent challenges and never gave up
Cazorla 7 - Some good passages of play and ran his heart out, couldn't find the killer pass
Özil 6 - A largely quiet affair from Mesut

Ramsey 8 - Did a job on the wing but came to life when moved to the middle
Giroud 7 - Struggled to make much of an impact
Sanchez 6 - Wasteful at times, unable to to really make much of a threat

Subs
Welbeck 6 - Lots of running but little end product, missed a good opportunity at the end
Walcott 6 - Little impact

Iceman10

Established Member
Alexis tries to force the issue to much at times, something he definitely needs to improve on especially against the very top teams.
He's getting better, he's had to adapt from his singular hero stuff he was so much lauded for during the first half of the season, followed by getting worn out a bit.

McIntyre

Established Member
Just once I'd like to see us win a game like this by somebody just tonking the ball into the top corner from 25 yards.

All these years of watching players tiptoe into the box, before stumbling into three of their defenders, or getting to the byline and playing the ball across the box to nobody, has become beyond tiresome.

We didn't even test Courtois once.

How can you pretend that you're going to win matches like this regularly when their keeper doesn't even have to break a f**king sweat? Charlie Adam beats the c**t from 65 yards, but we can't even get a decent shot on goal despite spending half the match in and around their area.

It's f**king depressing, and it doesn't seem like it's ever going to change.

Just a different bunch of players running into a brick wall repeatedly and scuffing shots towards the corner flag. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom