• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool, 04/4/15. 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I'm wondering now that, as it looks like, we won't be seeing Szczesny again this season, are we? Maybe in the FA Cup, and then again, I wouldn't play him there.

After letting Fabiansky stay in goal all through out the competition last season, it would be pretty ****ed up to drop Szczesny this year to be honest.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Absolutely class performance.

That look on Alexis face when he scored, just before starting to scream was the moment for me. That moment when we had officially demolished Liverpool.

Agree on the pressing comments, we currently press in waves with varying intensity, and when we drop off our opposition our marking seems to go up in smoke as well. A few times yesterday we saw players wanting to run towards the ball, leaving spaces open. We need to work on this.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely class performance.

That look on Alexis face when he scored, just before starting to scream was the moment for me. That moment when we had officially demolished Liverpool.

Agree on the pressing comments, we currently press in waves with varying intensity, and when we drop off our opposition our marking seems to go up in smoke as well. A few times yesterday we saw players wanting to run towards the ball, leaving spaces open. We need to work on this.

The intensity we were pressing at meant that there was no way we could keep it up for more than 10 minutes. I do agree that there were occasions where we didn't press as a unit, so it is something we definitely need to work on. The advantage we have over many teams is that we are superior at holding the ball. Therefore we could hold possession in order to take a breather, but giving the opposition the ball and sitting deeper also gives them a false sense of security and gives us that extra bit of space when they feel like they can attack us.

I also believe that starting a match with that intensity means that we really need to capitalize on it early on. This game could have easily gone differently. For example, we did the same vs Sp**s, United, Monaco and Bayern (last season). We pressed, we attacked, we created many chances, we missed them all and then proceeded to conceded the first goal and then struggle to reach the same intensity for the rest of the match. Yesterday, Liverpool should have scored the first goal and that would have changed the entire game, we were lucky they missed and that basically shows that we are still leaving the back door open after that intial 10 minute flurry.

That is what the invincibles were so good at. So many games were killed in the first 15 minutes as they were so clinical. We need to put away our clear cut chances. Half chances can be missed, but one on ones like Ramsey had and the one Wilshere had vs United, need to be taken otherwise it takes a mental toll very quickly.

VancouverCanuck

Sterling could very well be a better player in 3 or 4 years than Özil. But there is no question Özil is far superior today. Can't believe there is even a debate.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Playmaker

Fully agreed mate, especially with managing our stamina levels and ensures it lasts for a full 90 minutes. When we drop off it also has its benefits yes, but we need to adjust our game correctly and not get dragged out of shape, as I saw at times during the Pool game.

You mentioned the Invincibles and their ability to make those pressing intense moments count and kill games. This is what Liverpool themselves did remarkably well last year during that final run.

Two bouts of intense pressing for me, at the start of matches and at the end, with varied levels during the game. What is key though is that we take our chances early on to force deep lying opposition to come out and play.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bs3DbcQ.jpg

"Take me with you!"

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anybody spot Sakho telling Giroud which way Henderson was going with his penalty? Giroud was then seen telling Ospina to dive the way he did and nearly stopped it, probably should have.

Looked like it anyway.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Sakho and Toure absolutely shat themselves whenever they had the ball.

God knows how he keeps Koscielny out the national team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sakho and Toure absolutely shat themselves whenever they had the ball.

God knows how he keeps Koscielny out the national team.
He pretty much single handedly got France to the World Cup with his 2 goals in that qualifier. He's been living off that moment since.

Proof

Established Member
It was such a great game and those final 8 minutes of the 1st half were simply amazing!

Özil and Alexis, our highest paid players did what what you expect them to do. They both stepped their game up and contributed decisively in a big match.

Francis Coquelin turned into Edgar Davids and put on another excellent performance. Ospina should have saved that penalty but that's what not taking vitamins at the right age does to you. It's such a shame that we lost points against Leicester, Hull City, Swansea and Man. Utd.

cannonade

Established Member
Anybody spot Sakho telling Giroud which way Henderson was going with his penalty? Giroud was then seen telling Ospina to dive the way he did and nearly stopped it, probably should have.

Looked like it anyway.
Saw that too. Ospina got the bottom of his glove on it, but it got through anyway. What's up with Sakho giving it up to Giroud? I'd be pissed if I was Henderson.

onetowatch

Yeah our form in that period, particularly the back to back Swansea and Utd games have cost us big time.

It was interesting to hear Bellerin talk about the work they specifically did during the week in the training ground paying off in this game. Looks like Wenger got his tactics and preparation spot on.

I've seen the game live, MOTD, Through the Night, MOTD extra, Sunday Supplement....all thats left is MOTD2 and Goals on Sunday. Could watch that Alexis goal all day - a thing of beauty.

onetowatch

Ospina has been disappointing IMO. Should've done better on the penalty but for me, had Szczezny played the Monaco game we'd be through. He should've done better on their 1st and 3rd goals.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think Ospina's been very good. He does everything well and makes mistakes rarely. The pen and Monaco's 3rd are the only ones I'd consider mistakes and they weren't big errors. It'd he harsh to blame him for Kondogbia's deflected goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom