• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool, 04/4/15. 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbas

Do you guys seriously think that Ospina should have saved the penalty? I could somewhat understand this notion if the penalty was poor (struck weakly or to the middle), but it was placed to the bottom corner with decent power. In no way it can be counted as Ospina's "mistake".

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Do you guys seriously think that Ospina should have saved the penalty? I could somewhat understand this notion if the penalty was poor (struck weakly or to the middle), but it was placed to the bottom corner with decent power. In no way it can be counted as Ospina's "mistake".

My problem with the effort is he seems to get to the shot easy enough, but it appears to go under him, or through his arms, from memory--I've not studied it. His arms/wrist could have been a lot stronger. Should really have pushed that around the post, and I think he would 9 times out of 10. Just one of those things really. Other than that, he looks to have cemented his place. I'm nearly convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Florentp must be on the French NT coaching staff.

You (and the posters who liked this) do realize that he was defending Koscienly, right? As a France based Gooner he was describing the consensus of French fans towards Laurent and how ridiculous its is that they dont rate him as highly as us Arsenal fans based on how a few high profile blunders for club and country have made him **** forever in their eyes and it drove him mad.

From the Gabriel Thread..

That's not a vision a "non Arsenal fan" have. We need to be realistic, I love Kos so much... but nobody rate him except us. Even French people don't want him in the national team.
As I said, Kos comes after Varane, Sakho, Mangala, Mathieu, Mexes, Rami, Perrin and Zouma as CB.

Hey guys I did not say it was my opinion ... I am the kind of guy that told to shut the **** up to every single Monaco Fan last tuesday every time I heard a comment on Koscielny. Comments were like every time the ball was in his area "come on berba, he's weak just put some pressure on him" or "omg 1vs1 against Kos, juste rape him Martial" etc etc... Can't believe how he's rated here in France. It's not a lie when I give you this list of french CB. Every one puts him after those guys.... :/

You seem to made up your opinion on him from a few select posts in the Monaco thread where he was very disappointed in the first leg result (we all were, he was just a bit more vocal), but your reply (and the likes on it) in this thread shows you were't really paying attention and have him labeled a certain type of poster, which is harsh, kind of like the actions of the French fans he was describing. ;)

He doesn't rate Metresacker not Koscielny. I dont think you could find a Arsenal fan who doesn't LOVE Boss.

On a related note Redman T.V. (their version of ArsenalFanT.V.) did a combined Arsenal/Liverpool XI leading up to the match yesterday and it shows just how criminally underrated Kos is to everyone but Arsenal fans (and also how deluded Liverpool fan are).

Hilarious when he posted it a few days ago and even more hilarious now after the result. God knows how many times I've watched it since FT.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think you mean Touré mate. Sakho is actually decent. They missed Skrtl and his leadership against us.

Toure goes without saying! Sakho made like 5 big mistakes in first half. He was brutal

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Come on.... Florent has clearly stated on many occasions that Sakho is better than Koscielny and that he is overrated by Arsenal fans.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
You (and the posters who liked this)

On a related note Redman T.V. (their version of ArsenalFanT.V.) did a combined Arsenal/Liverpool XI leading up to the match yesterday and it shows just how criminally underrated Kos is to everyone but Arsenal fans (and also how deluded Liverpool fan are).

Hilarious when he posted it a few days ago and even more hilarious now after the result. God knows how many times I've watched it since FT.

I saw this team before the game and thought it was funny enough but after watching that video and listening to his logic... :D holy ****

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Florentp created a new account called James Bond to defend himself huh? FairPlay.
Nah this is trunks206. It says I'm banned after the revamp/move and I'm not sure why. I posted to USArsenal on the thread in RWA's profile hoping to get it sorted but Ive heard nothing. :( I could post on A-M the day before the site went down/started the transfer.

Come on.... Florent has clearly stated on many occasions that Sakho is better than Koscielny and that he is overrated by Arsenal fans.

I read things differently/must not have seen them as I saw him saying that he rates Kos and even defended him to people in real life at our game in Monaco. He doesnt rate him at the best CB in the world (ie the quotes Furious Styles posted), but many on here do but its quite silly I feel insinuate he is a mug and doesn't rate our best defender (Kos is up there in my eyes as there are few if any players I'd swap him for). Stating his opinion that other players are better than Kos =/= him not thinking Kos is crap imo. People were getting on him for being overly negative in the Monaco thread, but I thought that it was a bit unfair at the time...and tbh with every passing game and seeing the form we've been in since the turn of the year that first leg becomes an even bigger debacle.

I dont want to start an argument or anything like that with anyone, just felt I needed to point out that he rates Kos so back to laughing at Liverpool. The goals we scored were fantastic and the only thing that would have made the game better would have been was another goal and Wenger bringing on Diaby. I don't think he was on the bench but he somehow manages to turn up once a year so it would have been keeping with tradition lol, really would have drove home how little we respected them. Sterling would have signaled to the bench for a transfer request when he saw Abou coming on.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You (and the posters who liked this) do realize that he was defending Koscienly, right? As a France based Gooner he was describing the consensus of French fans towards Laurent and how ridiculous its is that they dont rate him as highly as us Arsenal fans based on how a few high profile blunders for club and country have made him **** forever in their eyes and it drove him mad.

From the Gabriel Thread..

You seem to made up your opinion on him from a few select posts in the Monaco thread where he was very disappointed in the first leg result (we all were, he was just a bit more vocal), but your reply (and the likes on it) in this thread shows you were't really paying attention and have him labeled a certain type of poster, which is harsh, kind of like the actions of the French fans he was describing. ;)

He doesn't rate Metresacker not Koscielny. I dont think you could find a Arsenal fan who doesn't LOVE Boss.

Dude , I've read his posts since he joined , it was light hearted ribbing . There are much more serious things to defend .

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Furious Styles

No, when florentp listed these players (Kompany, Mangala, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Skrtel and Sakho) in the above quoted post, that wasn't in reply to someone asking florentp who he thought was better than Kos. That's twisting things somewhat. Now why would you want to do that?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It was a response to this Yousif post
i don't think there is better CB in the EPL then Kosh. i don't think Kosh in world class but he is quality CB.

So it was about who he thought were better than Kos.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Furious Styles

No, when florentp listed these players (Kompany, Mangala, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Skrtel and Sakho) in the above quoted post, that wasn't in reply to someone asking florentp who he thought was better than Kos. That's twisting things somewhat. Now why would you want to do that?

Do what exactly? I wouldn't put my nose in unless I was 100% sure of my case, but this should explain it:

Where he said that Sakho was better:

i don't think there is better CB in the EPL then Kosh. i don't think Kosh in world class but he is quality CB.

Hmm I'd say Kompany, Mangala, Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Skrtel and Sakho are.

What caused the joke:

Sakho and Toure absolutely shat themselves whenever they had the ball.

God knows how he keeps Koscielny out the national team.

Florentp must be on the French NT coaching staff.

-----------------

So, as I said, Celestis' light joke was legit enough. Florentp does genuinely believe that Sakho is better.

BobP

Memri Fan
What did you guys think of Ramsey on the right? I was thrown off by that as I expected Özil to be wide with Cazorla in the hole and Ramsey in the double pivot with Coq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom