PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Saturday, November 2 | 15:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Nov 2, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

34.3%
  2. Draw

40.0%
  3. Wolves Win

25.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I would have kept supporting Emery even if the progress wasn't massive, but at least some progress to give you hope. What you absolutely can't support is when the team is undoubtedly regressing. In every way we seem to be going backwards. That is too much to take.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We were doing better with mkhi and Iwobi mustafi few first months under emery there was fight some good football now even those things disappeared

Riou and Hleb's Sirush like this.
  3. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Same crap every week. No improvement and as when he does get a lead and players doing well he takes them off. Thought in spells we looked good, as soon as he took laca off we lost all physicality up front and wolves took over. If laca is injured i get that but if not then wtf is emery doing.

I do look at wolves today and the back end of the game they looked so much sharper than us. Our players looked leggy and really we are fortunate to come away with a point. I was listening to keown this week and he talked about distance between players in the game, he said he couldnt believe the distance between def,mid,att. Is this the reason our players looked finished after a hour.

Wolves are a good side with alot of players who would walk into our team. Neves is a class above DC, quality footballer and prem tested and proven. Jota is class, he could play in a top 4 side.

Emery oooot

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Well, some of them wanted to give him a bumper contract in the summer. A man who currently has us averaging 1.5 points per game. We are on track for an eye watering 58 points this season.

OSBK likes this.
  5. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

We could actually conceed as many goals as we have points this season.

6. nas7232

nas7232 Active Member

The constant high press to make up for poor defensive structure and tactics is likely making our players tired in training. Other teams don't need to waste so much energy chasing the ball 247. I like to persevere with managers and even with wenger i didnt want him to leave but this is too much

7. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

I told that even before when we were at 3rd. After the next 4-5 matches we wouldn’t be in CL spot. I was considering 5 pts from 12... it seems they aren’t even getting that. Now it seems 3 from 12 because I am not counting with any point from Leicester.

Emery lovers were so funny with that “wE aRe 3rD” lol

hydrofluoric acid and Furious like this.
  8. yousif_arsenal

Even so but holding to a lead shouldn't be problem specially if you 2-0 up

9. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

:rofl::lol:

I got cyber abused because I said bad performances would eventually caught up with us. People really wanted to believe you can just play badly and hope for good result for a whole season in PL.

10. yorch44

I just wondering... it is too hard to play easy football and players in their best position?

Play the back 4

Torreira as DM with one b2b (Willock or Douzy) Pepe as winger, PEA or Laca as CF. And PEA/Saka/Martinelli as LW. Özil behind as 10. 4231... once you stabilize the team you can try 433 which is a much difficult formation to play and understand.

Big Poppa and Divided_Pie like this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

If he had win Europa League we could have definitely give him new contract because in a rebuilding season he preformed well. But we did well to not rush and just wait what will happen this season

12. yorch44

By the way we play nothing surprises me. I expect every game we are dropping points with Emery. So to me, is the longer he stays, the harder we get CL. If we don’t get CL... I can see PEA, Laca and maybe Bellerin leaving.

13. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

No, you didn't. I've been abused by somebody who shall remain nameless who has threatened to burn my house down, smash my head in etc. If you can't point to similar examples and prove it, you should stop saying this, tbh.

Trilly and OnlyOne like this.
  14. yorch44

Nah, the tendency was going worse... it wasn’t only the EL final, but the 10 last PL games. You could see how the team was in detriment. Even the summer couldn’t help. Honestly He is lost. We need a change ASAP and try to rescue the league before Leicester gets a bigger advantage.

NieThePiet and yousif_arsenal like this.
  15. yorch44

Don’t worry Granit Xhaka, no one is going to hurt you or your wife

16. rich 1990

:lol:Funnily enough, Trilly doesn't scare me. This death threat thing is a running gag and i don't think it's particularly funny tbh.

yorch44 and Trilly like this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

Too long. Didn't read.

18. rich 1990

Thanks.

19. hydrofluoric acid

I meant your post.

20. yousif_arsenal

PEA Laca yes definitely even if we qualified but they haven't signed new contract both have year and half left in thier contract so something has to happen in next 6 months

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.