PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Saturday, November 2 | 15:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Nov 2, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

34.3%
  2. Draw

40.0%
  3. Wolves Win

25.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

No he's not , time will tell but he's got a lot to work on and a coach that doesn't seem to address it ,

krackpot, MLK79, Toby Andrl and 4 others like this.
  2. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Still can’t believe Torreira wasn’t played as the CDM with Xhaka out..

3. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

I didn't see the match. How bad were we?

4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

He’s had a mix of really good moments and really bad moments this season...the most annoying thing is his positioning, I don’t know what type of midfielder he wants to be, he just wanders around the pitch worse than Ramsey did!

He definitely has character about him though, but he is nowhere near Cesc who came into the team as a teenager and everyone knew he was the guy.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

The team took a good 30mins to adjust to this foreign formation, and then another good 30mins later, he throws on 2 youngsters and leaves Guendozi and Ceballos as the only midfielders, when we are 1-0 up.

I really don't understand. I really don't.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  6. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Couldn't not be that Emery was trying to get the second goal?

Coolin likes this.
  7. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

At this stage, everything Emery does feels like a deliverate6act of sabotage. I hate to
    Wenger instilled pass and move into the club. Every pundit was amazed at the triangles we made so fluidly all over the pitch. Emery has drummed a static defence tactic into every player when we don't have the ball but we still get bypassed and then we are the same going forward. He has no idea in the league.

yorch44 and celestis like this.
  8. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

The thing that worries me are the individual mistakes. We seem to lack aggression in defence. I can't help but think Chambers could have been more aggressive when jumping with Jimenez. That header just seemed too easy for Jimenez. We badly need CB's who have strength, aggression, and atheleticism.

Coolin likes this.
  9. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

He’s kind of annoying, doesn’t seem to contribute unless he’s angry.

He could be a genuine talent or he could just have really good mentality. Not sure yet.

10. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

He really has some serious clown stuff going.

11. Axel_Gunner

Axel_Gunner Well-Known Member

can we stop pinning the matchday threads until emery is gone or we start winning games again :(

12. teamsoutheast

Alot of peoiple online keep mentioning we controlled the play alot better than we have done all season. Has anybody a link to the FULL Match?

13. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Way too much rocket science :lol:

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

celestis and James Bond like this.
  15. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

16. teamsoutheast

Watched the full game. We looked much better tactically against a very resilient Wolves side. Decent point IMO against a side who went to the Eithad and took all 3. They, like us, have only lost 2 games this season.

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Emery with Arsenal has played Nuno with Wolves 3 times now and not got the better of the Wolves manager.

Just bad luck for Emery, it was raining, it was cold, it was the fault of Wenger, the referees fault etc. Nothing to do with coaching or anything like that.

Furious likes this.
  18. livearsenalnews

livearsenalnews New Member

i'm very disapointed , i hope we'll change the coach

19. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

Let's just clear this up from now. We have gotten 2 points from a possible 9 since we've been back from the international break. People keep confusing the CC match with a league match that gives points. Either that or they forgot that we lost to Sheffield.

If Emery is still in the dugout come the weekend we'll have gotten 2 from 12. That also means that when we play Southampton after the break we will have gone 6 weeks since we last won a league match. We'll probably lose to them as well if he's still here.

Mrs Bergkamp and yorch44 like this.
  20. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

This narrative that he did well last season needs to stop. He was rubbish. We struggled through matches just as we have this season. Even then he had no idea what he was doing with the defence, midfield or attack. Auba and Laca just happened to be converting on the scraps that they were offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.