• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | Sunday 8th November| 19:15 GMT| Illegal Streams

Who’s the better keeper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
and remember we got a lucky penalty at old trafford and were lucky the opening goal scored by villa got VARed

roz

Fake News Merchant
Firstly if you have a look I was talking in the Pepe thread most of the day.

Secondly I was here last weekend. Saying great result.

Thirdly in regards to your jibes, if we beat Villa today would I be here shouting Hail Arteta from the rooftops? No. Not unless we smashed them 5. Why? Because as a team with ambitions of competing for top 4 beating Villa shouldnt be too much to ask.

If we beat teams with less money, less statue and arguably worse players on paper that's the minimum we expect. The odd defeat ok. But not every other game.
Can’t be arsed to have a look tbh.
Only ever see you here when we’ve lost fam.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's the opposite of when we had nothing but wonderful footballers at the club.

We used to smash the small teams, but not have the "fight" for the big games...now we can only really do well playing complete counter attacking football against teams that come at us, when asked to force the game our players aren't good enough.

Arsenal...it's always something :lol:
Teams coming to the Emirates in the late 2000's and parking the bus to a draw used to bug the **** out of you but it's because they all feared our abilty to cut teams apart.

Now you've got teams coming there thinking we should be beating Arsenal with no fear of us at all.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Yet Vardy is? Or Aguero who is smaller?

Come on now. Aubameyang is a highly talented player, recognised goal scorer. To think he can't lead the line for us is a bit unusual.

Aguero is a tank though, he's so strong for his size, Aubameyang doesn't have the versatility Aguero does in holding up the ball, linking with teammates, auba is a clinical finisher.

Augero can do everything.

Vardy is just a freak.

mpower2540

They destroyed us tbh. The scary thing is I don’t think a creative midfielder would’ve made any difference at all. They completely ran through us. Our front 3 is really, really bad, whatever combination you put out. Auba is a really poor footballer and I’m having major doubts putting him down the middle is going to fix much. Laca is awful, Nketiah isn’t ready, Willian was terrible and looks shot, Pepe needs to start but he’s not particularly trustworthy.

We were so passive from the off, lucky to get away with the offside goal, then we just let Barkley and Grealish pop the ball around while we stood and watched. That performance really scares me, the body language was ringing alarm bells too. If anything positive is to come from this then surely it’s the end for that lineup

FreakySami

Let's be a little objective, from the beginning of the season, we have shown that we are a structure team that play on the flank and from the back.
That is about it.

We do not beat any player at all, there is no longer any individual skill displayed during any of the matches. The team no longer does any 1-2 or pass and run. If you cannot do that, how are you going to beat any low level team that all they do is run and have 1-2 people with skill.

The line between the forwards and midfield is non existant, I do not understand this. We have no hold up play with our forwards. We are basically a board without any special "skill" for any position.

That said, even though this is dissapointing, this set up is useful against good opponents. The structure is good, but we need to add that little sauce here and there.

I miss our individual and group creativity.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It actually hurts :lol:

How can we finally win at Old Trafford, have the kids run riot midweek then get battered by Villa ffs?
"The kids" who ran riot midweek - against a team which is at best championship level - included Luiz (33), Mustafi (28), Kolasinac (27), Xhaka (28) and Willian (32). Plus our first choice goalkeeper.

This was nothing like when Wenger had the youth team battering premiership teams in the league cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Teams coming to the Emirates in the late 2000's and parking the bus to a draw used to bug the **** out of you but it's because they all feared our abilty to cut teams apart.

Now you've got teams coming there thinking we should be beating Arsenal with no fear of us at all.

Villa have the first and second most technical player on the pitch, Grealish and McGinn, they should come here and go for us...teams shouldn't fear us, as we aren't that good anymore.

Our players now just aren't as good as the players at The Emirates that weren't as good as the players we had at Highbury...we are like 3 levels down now or something :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Aguero is a tank though, he's so strong for his size, Aubameyang doesn't have the versatility Aguero does in holding up the ball, linking with teammates, auba is a clinical finisher.

Augero can do everything.

Vardy is just a freak.
Until Arteta took over his strike rate was virtually identical from the left and through the center. The idea that he can't play through the middle is a fallacy not in line with reality. You screaming it into the abyss does nothing but make you a candidate for the Trump legal team.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Atleast emery had some sort of plan, try and outscore the opposition.

Now it's, let's pass sideways, let's not create, if you can score try lads but don't worry if u cant, Mr "Best defence" in the league arteta
Ah you see but the face didn't fit. It's like Tierney slips and falls on his arse and nearly lets Villa in for a goal and it's forgotten because we like him. If that happens to Kolasinac or Mustafi people will demand his instant execution.

Until players are judged on performances rather than personalities or pecking orders we won't get far.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'll start Willock to be honest. He does have the energy to be box to box and makes late runs into the box. The problem for us is that our attack line is static and no one from our midfield tries to make a run in or around the box.

Seriously he should have been rewarded with at least a place on the bench after his recent performances.. Would have been a good option as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom