• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | Sunday 8th November| 19:15 GMT| Illegal Streams

Who’s the better keeper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba did go central in the game, he then went out wide because mings was smashing him.

Auba to central doesnt fix this problem. Playing auba at cf today and not laca wouldnt have changed anything. If we cant get the ball to auba in the right situations it doesnt matter where we play him.

It changes alot actually. Auba actually moves. He pulls defenders around, he changes their mindset. His presence alone affects the defence. The fact he can run behind you as well makes you back off.

arsmile

Established Member
it feels naïve as anything to think we can succeed without a midfield.

This system is a back 5 and a front 3.

That leaves a midfield of 2.

what do we expect from them.

One of them is elneny..scratch that...the best on is elneny...who's main attribute is his workrate.

it leaves us with a bank of 5 infront of our penalty box....and bank of 3 infront of their penalty box....and then eleneny running between them like some kind of mad egyptian bullet train.

as much as this system has worked in that it has the potential to be defnesively solid.

that is at the expense of everything...when we try to be more positive with this formation...it is undone by the complete lack of transition in midfield.

roz

Fake News Merchant
And Emery did?

We are a bad inconsistent lot and that's the way it will stay. Were you 100% convinced we would win today? I actually said to friends that this Arsenal team goes and beats United and then gets beat at home by Villa. We have seen this video for about the last 5-6 years. Maybe getting a decent draw at Old Trafford and then getting beat by Swansea.
And Emery did?

We are a bad inconsistent lot and that's the way it will stay. Were you 100% convinced we would win today? I actually said to friends that this Arsenal team goes and beats United and then gets beat at home by Villa. We have seen this video for about the last 5-6 years. Maybe getting a decent draw at Old Trafford and then getting beat by Swansea.
Good for you. Not surprised to see you crawling back here on the back of a loss.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is a weird season for most teams. I think it'll be a random winner as well tbh. Someone who hasn't won it before.

I think we'll go far and could easily win the Europa league.

Reactions: roz

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You only show up when we lose. Hows that?

Firstly if you have a look I was talking in the Pepe thread most of the day.

Secondly I was here last weekend. Saying great result.

Thirdly in regards to your jibes, if we beat Villa today would I be here shouting Hail Arteta from the rooftops? No. Not unless we smashed them 5. Why? Because as a team with ambitions of competing for top 4 beating Villa shouldnt be too much to ask.

If we beat teams with less money, less statue and arguably worse players on paper that's the minimum we expect. The odd defeat ok. But not every other game.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Breaks my heart knowing Wenger hasn't been back to the stadium since leaving.

Man got treated like a disease for being the pillar that held up the club and expectations of a whole fanbase.

This is a good example of why I wouldn't go back, club has no identity anymore, the football sucks. what a waste.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It actually hurts :lol:

How can we finally win at Old Trafford, have the kids run riot midweek then get battered by Villa ffs?

It's the opposite of when we had nothing but wonderful footballers at the club.

We used to smash the small teams, but not have the "fight" for the big games...now we can only really do well playing complete counter attacking football against teams that come at us, when asked to force the game our players aren't good enough.

Arsenal...it's always something :lol:

bonzka

Passing options limited, movement predictable. We have two strikers on the pitch who cannot score and no one to create for them.. With a tweak in formation and personnel he can bring in two ball players, midfielders, progressers - whatever.

I'm all for Arteta and wanted him, but he is disappointing. He's got great soundbites about being a dynamic, forward thinking coach, but he is showing none of this. He can play on the back foot and counter against decent teams and win, but so can Solkjaer.

One of the most turgid Arsenal performances in a long time. Predicted by many on here.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

One of them is elneny..scratch that...the best on is elneny...who's main attribute is his workrate.

it leaves us with a bank of 5 infront of our penalty box....and bank of 3 infront of their penalty box....and then eleneny running between them like some kind of mad egyptian bullet train.

as much as this system has worked in that it has the potential to be defnesively solid.

that is at the expense of everything...when we try to be more positive with this formation...it is undone by the complete lack of transition in midfield.

Their attacks came up the wing. Through Grealish. Not surprising really, but it wasn’t really our midfield’s fault.

OSBK

Established Member
It changes alot actually. Auba actually moves. He pulls defenders around, he changes their mindset. His presence alone affects the defence. The fact he can run behind you as well makes you back off.

Thats all great but it actually means nothing if we cant deliver a ball to him. You watched the same game i did and aside from 1 cross in the first half all that movement and pulling defenders did nothing. Arteta bleata on about transition but we are garbage at it. I do believe auba at cf would be great for us but not whilst we play this system.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Breaks my heart knowing Wenger hasn't been back to the stadium since leaving.

Man got treated like a disease for being the pillar that held up the club and expectations of a whole fanbase.

This is a good example of why I wouldn't go back, club has no identity anymore, the football sucks. what a waste.

It’s tragic. Really makes me ashamed of our fans.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Had our best chance in years to make a decent in rebuilding our squad through the summer, knowing prices we're all skewed, and club's we're willing to negotiate lower fees.

Shown no ambition whatsoever, this should of been the summer were you get you're parteys, you're aouars, you're gabriels.

Now we have no chance of picking up a World class creative midfielder. WE might finish below 10th tbh

Camus

Trusted ⭐
City, Leicester, United and now Villa. That's 4 games, 6h hours of football, in which we haven't scored a non-penalty goal. Conceded 5 goals in those 4 games as well. So what exactly are we doing? Can't attack, can't defend. So what's the point?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
4c4dd61297995a59f5fd8af41a975233

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He expects a lot. He expects Tierney to play as a lcb tucking in, but then as a lb who receives the ball on the touchline and then he needs to get to the byline to cross it. We are going to break him.

We expect Saka to play as a lb, move into lcm, but also get to the byline as a lw. We are in the process or breaking him.

We expect Bellerin to do the same, just back from an ACL injury, he will eventually break down.

We expect our Cf to track their dm into our box, anyone who plays there will be dead on 60 minutes. We expect Auba to run up and down the wing and then move laterally to become a CF and then move back to lw. We are going to break him.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
City, Leicester, United and now Villa. That's 4 games, 6h hours of football, in which we haven't scored a non-penalty goal. Conceded 5 goals in those 4 games as well. So what exactly are we doing? Can't attack, can't defend. So what's the point?

This is what concerns me the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom