• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 11/02/06

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,247
  • Views 33,056

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Viper said:
I'm glad we got away with a point.

Well done Gilberto!!!

I only saw the second half so I don't know how well the team done in the first half, but we looked like we were really trying. The ref was a complete ****** though.

Henry's sarcastic bow down was quite funny though.

you don't want to watch the first half.

seriously.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
agreed mostly but I thought Flamini did rather well considering him occupying both fullback positions. He made a few stray passes but overall got stuck in well even contributing a two-footed tackle on Stelios :D
At least the ref wasn't stupid enough to give him a red that :roll: . There would have been riots if he had done so :bash

Diaby was taken off because he was ineffective. Wasnt involved in play, pasing was sloppy, got caught in pocession and just generally looked a yard off the pace - he wanted too much time on the ball.

I honestly did not see it that way [and could be wrong :eek:ops:], I thought the midfield was not that solid [altogether] in the first half. I thought maybe AW felt Cesc was not comfortable on the wing, so inserted Freddie [who did not do a lot IMHO] to let Cesc go back into the central positition

The referee was a complete pillock, he really deserved a smack, the incompotent c*nt! The linesman was also on holiday for most of the game.
Can't believe how obvious the mistakes were, it was almost laughable :roll:. Got to like the Henry kneel down though :lol:

As for FAYE :evil: , someone give Roy keene a call, I swear that thug FAYE needs something similar to what Haaland got.

IBL

Established Member
Cesc hardly ever stayed on the right. He drifted in like he does always and played pretty much centrally anyway. You're right in saying that our midfield struggled first half, come to think of it the whoe team pretty much stunk for the first 50 mins or so. Cesc was invovled much more in the game than Diaby, I believe that was the thinking behind Wengers decision to replace Diaby...but to swap him for Freddy made little sense. Ljungberg did literally nothing except pass the ball backwards, he struggled to get up to speed. When Bergkamp came on he made some difference for us.

Yeh, we were on the verge of rioting today. I was sitting close to the away fans, amazingly a small section of seats was allocated to Bolton fans within the family enclosure (wtf?!). When Reyes got brutaly fouled by Faye some blonde northern prehistoric ***** had the gal to say "tit-for-tat" referring to the Diaby tackle on Campo a few weeks ago -- as if they were really the same thing. The Flamini tackle happened right in front of me, it didnt actually look that bad in the flesh....I suppose I was still seething over the Reyes tackle at that point though (was applauding Flamini actually). Had he'd been sent off I'm sure we would have rushed the ref and linesman as well as those idiotic Bolton fans next to us.

yoinkster

did anyone catch MOTD tonight ? I missed at but I was at the game and obviously we all thought the ref was absolutely appalling. Was that actually the case or was the crowd just caught up in the whole "we are losing and nothing's going our way" type hysteria ? Personally from what I saw the guy must've earnt at least 100grand for his performance, there's no way an unbiased ref could perform like that if he was indeed honestly that bad.
The tackle on Reyes was a joke, has no place in football and it's a shame that their 12th man saw it and gave a yellow since that stops the FA doing something ... oh well.
I missed the flamini one unfortunately, can't even think anything at all, ah well, I'm a Gunner, I'm allowed to miss things ;)
Lehmann was up to his old tricks, he can never back down when common sense dicates he should, they knew he was a hot head and played to it. It seems the whole of Bolton's season has been dedicated to finding The Arsenal's weaknesses and exploiting them !!
As for the result we were just so lucky to still be within shouting distance at half time, we were absolute crap, worst I've seen since the Inter game perhaps. Come the final whistle though we were unlucky not to be leaving with 3points, that would've been awesome to rub into that fat ****'s belly !! Pires did well I felt once brought on and is that now our 9th or 10th left back this season ... no woner we are languishing in 5th and behind the yids :? !!

IBL

Established Member
Flamini's tackle was appaling but if Faye had rightly been sent off I doubt Flamini would even have tried that, he was quite wound up at that point, doesnt excuse the tackle though.

MK5

I really hope Reyes injury isn't that bad but if he'd be out for a long time I don't think we'll miss him half as much as we've missed Cole & Toure. Whatever people say about Pires he's far more effective than Reyes (Reyes 25 starts 4 goals this season, Pires 22 starts 8 goals this season) and with a run of games I think Hleb would be too.

Reyes is young and I think he'll be a world class player one day but for PL this season I'd prefer Pires, Hleb and Frediie ahead of him I think.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
How **** was Gilberto today? **** me.

And the ref - what a ****.

Saying that Flamini should have gone for a stupid tackle.

****, terrible result.

Uefa cup next season.

gotnothin

Totally unlucky in my eyes!! We didnt play well in the first half at all, but their goal came from a lucky second ball bounce!! Nice finish though :x

Reye's tackle should've been a red straight away!!! F*ckin disgusting Ref!!! I reckon we would've won 3-1 if they had a diff keeper, cause f*ck me he played his heart out!! Great save on Pires's freekick, heaps of saves off the line during those scrappy periods in the box etc!!

Highlights for me though were how crazy Lehmann was today!!! I love him, he gets so pumped up and is not afraid to leave his brain in the dressing room before coming out!! :lol: :lol:

MK5

RockyRocastle said:
How s**t was Gilberto today? f**k me.

And the ref - what a c**t.

s**t, terrible result.

Uefa cup next season.

We had 8 defenders out and ask any other team to field a back four with the same average age we had today in a PL game and I bet they couldn't cope. The way the game turned out I was just happy that we didn't lose.

gotnothin

MK5 said:
RockyRocastle said:

s**t, terrible result.

Uefa cup next season.

We had 8 defenders out and ask any other team to field a back four with the same average age we had today in a PL game and I bet they couldn't cope. The way the game turned out I was just happy that we didn't lose.

Totally agree MK5!!! But you cant please some ppl mate! Must be sh*t being depressed the whole time :wink:

Interesting peice of info though - Liverpool were struggling with injury woes last season and could barely stay in the top 4 of the EPL yet they won the CL??? Maybe this year its written in the stars for the Gunners?? 8)

Muppy

Tegh said:
Reyes(9) said:
bluenaz said:
Tegh said:
I've been saying he's a s**t captain, and how we should appoint a new one for ages.

he may be s**t on the field as a captain but noone knows what he does in training or in the changing room before the game. give the guy a chance, and today it looked like he really cared in the second half.

he really did ..
I've given time enough, so stfu and think about what you speak both of you. He's a s**t captain, end of.

IF henry does leave in the summer, Fabregas for captain anyone?

The lad is going to be captain sooner or later, might as well make him captain now!

Viper

Established Member
Muppy said:
Tegh said:
Reyes(9) said:
bluenaz said:
Tegh said:
I've been saying he's a s**t captain, and how we should appoint a new one for ages.

he may be s**t on the field as a captain but noone knows what he does in training or in the changing room before the game. give the guy a chance, and today it looked like he really cared in the second half.

he really did ..
I've given time enough, so stfu and think about what you speak both of you. He's a s**t captain, end of.

IF henry does leave in the summer, Fabregas for captain anyone?

The lad is going to be captain sooner or later, might as well make him captain now!
No. Kolo for Kaptain. Or even Cole or Campbell..

jay-d

Established Member
sabret00the said:
kamikaze80 said:
we're f*d if reyes is out for the season with a broken foot, as is feared.

it will destroy our chances of beating madrid, and severely hamper an already limp challenge for the 4th spot in the league.

this is not knee-jerk overreaction, either. inconsistent as he may be, hes our 2nd most important attacker.
i disagree, i reckon it'll be a chance for hleb to really shine with his first real run in the team and also will promote some consistancy from the teams we put out.

Agreed.

Viper

Established Member
oreo said:
And only Eboue and Kolo scored in PK during the finals againist nigerian.
Toure should be our penalty taker!

He is extremely confident, and he bangs 'em in with plenty of power and accuracy.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:

s**t, terrible result.

Uefa cup next season.

Was atmosphere any good?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
RockyRocastle said:

s**t, terrible result.

Uefa cup next season.

Was atmosphere any good?

Not bad, above average I thought.

Never seen Highbury so wound up about a ref for a while. Even the West Stand were givin him some.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom