• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

Gurgen

Established Member
Just back from London (and the match).

Anyone in the East Lower notice the geezer who was singing:

'He comes from the Ivory Coast,
He is as warm as toast!
Eboueeeee'

...all by himself?

:lol:

Cracked me up.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Gurgen said:

He is as warm as toast!
Eboueeeee'

...all by himself?

Cracked me up.

Thats what highbury needs more of to be honest. No wonder they call it the library

Ratinho

Established Member
See the locked thread for my response to that patronising drivel from the still awesome and amazing love of my footballing life Thierry.

Legend#1

Established Member
Jesus.. Why is he moaning?

Cause we didn't have every attack go through him and he didn't score? :roll:

I love the arrogant bastard, but why act like such a perfectionalist prick, just praise the young team for there great performance.. :

Cruisio

Established Member
Gunnergregharrison said:
Gurgen said:

He is as warm as toast!
Eboueeeee'

...all by himself?

Cracked me up.

Thats what highbury needs more of to be honest. No wonder they call it the library

How many times are people going to be wrong about this? Highbury is no quieter than most Premiership grounds and yet do they gain the same reputation? No. A prime example is Everton V Villa on Saturday, was completely silent for most of the game.

Ratinho

Established Member
To be fair, people make a point about how quiet the likes of Old Trafford, and especially Stamford Bridge are too.

kel varnsen

Established Member
so what happened between myhre and henry in the 2nd half? myhre passed the ball to henry and he then passed it back. i just saw it on tv today, but kind of missed what really happened...

here is what i think happened:

henry was standing all alone in front of the box and said to myhre "hey pass me the ball" and myhre passed the ball to him(it was a goal kick). henry then turned around and said something like 'where is everyone'?and then passed the ball back to myhre.

Gooner for 60 years

Legend#1 said:
Jesus.. Why is he moaning?

Cause we didn't have every attack go through him and he didn't score? :roll:

I love the arrogant bastard, but why act like such a perfectionalist prick, just praise the young team for there great performance.. :

And if somebody is going to get the team to take the foot off the brake, shouldn't it be the captain?

Gurgen

Established Member
Was a great moment in the second half when Henry was pissing about in front of their box and everyone was shouting: 'SHOOT, SHOOT, PULL THE TRIGGER!' So Henry goes out of his way to create space for a shot, puts it wide with his left peg and gives us a priceless 'You happy now?' look, followed by loud cheers and 'Thierry Henry, Thierry Henry' chants from us.

He's still loveable when he's like that :wink:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
sabret00the said:
http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=D&xml=/sport/2006/03/20/sfnars20.xml
Theirry Henry has got to be the most hilarious football personality ever, oh geez, i don't even know what to say, i'm laughing in disbeleif.

Thierry Henry said:
The smile returned to Henry's face when Hleb's name was mentioned. "He's on fire," said the Arsenal captain. "It takes time to get used to the English game, he had an injury, then he came back and wasn't really playing, the team wasn't playing so good. What I like about him is that he is always turning, going forward and always having a go at the left back and willing to attack. That is what defenders hate the most."

hell yeah that's good captaincy!

and i think he's right to have a go at the boys' second half performance..

we played good football but most of it was on the midfield area only...

we could've shut charlton off with 7 goals to nil...

whatever it is... henry... sign the damn contract! :lol:

velimir85

Since Vidic joined Man U, our national TV pretty much ignored Arsenal games so this was the first one I saw live in a long time. And I was quite satisfied to see all players, both newbies and old ones working good as a team. Diversified scoring sheet is also nice to see, I'm just sorry for missed chances, a 5-0 or so would be a even better morale boost in front of the Juve match.

IBL

Established Member
A hilarious thing Henry did in the first half was after an attack that led to nothing as he was making his way to the half way line he sulked over to the west stand family enclosure where we were sitting and gave us all this almighty dirty stare, the kind he usually reserves for Reyes, as we all chanted "Thierry Henry...Thierry Henry"

:lol: what a legend

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom