• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | Thursday 14th January | KO:20:00 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We were in a relegation run of form last time Partey was rushed back, it might not be excusable but it is understandable.

With Lacazette, Saka, ESR and to a lesser extent Xhaka now firing it makes it an easier choice to prepare him properly this time.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh my gosh where do I begin.

If the only thing that was keeping him afloat was luck why, when we started playing well and looked like winning both games, did we get red cards against Burnley/Southampton at the worst possible times. That is unlucky, because if it wasn't for the cards we would've come away with at least 3 more points from those two games and be in a fantastic position right now. Look at the Leicester game, we lost on the counter, but we were fairly unlucky to not be ahead in that first half. We've been unlucky with Partey's injury, having to field a midfield that is fairly poor. You can't say to me we wouldn't have a couple of extra points had Partey been fit for the entire season.

Firstly, everything you are basing your argument on is assumption. The facts say otherwise. It is a fact that we are one of the worst teams in creating chances and getting shots on goal. It is a fact that if we do not score first, it is very unlikely we will do anything in the game. It is a fact that teams give us the ball and drop off as before ESR we were impotent in attack. So how can you say, it looked like we were going to win the game because we had a bit of sustained pressure. We have had sustained pressure and got ripped apart on the break repeatedly this season.

Also a red card is only unlucky if it is debatable if they should have been sent off. If ESR had been sent of against Newcastle, that would have been unlucky. The red cards we receive are justified. Whether it be a Pepe headbutt, or a Xhaka throat grab, or Luiz doing a Luiz, Gabriel diving in. It is all based on the mental state of the team. Arteta is responsible for that. Also I can say to you that we wouldn't have had a couple of extra points with Partey in the side, just like you can say otherwise. It's too much of a small sample size to say either way, but we have won one and lost one with him, so hardly guaranteed is it?

Bro when I was being positive before these wins we were 15th, people were telling me the same things, its boring. People like you will be saying the same things when we move up to 8th, and probably the same things if we end up in the top 4. Not giving any credit to the manager when we do well, but completely lambasting him when we aren't getting results is pure ignorance.

People like me? What is wrong with you. I praise Arteta when he deserves praise. Tactical flexibility form moving to a back 3 to a 4 in game warranted praise. However, there are too many negatives at the moment and the current success is stumbled upon, which happens I get, but it is due to individuals, not his system. His system wasn't working. It didn't the chances, he neglected forward passing. He changed it and it still wasn't working with Laca at 10. It started working when Willian got sick and he threw ESR in. Should he get credit for that? A small amount. It doesn't absolve him of stupid decisions like starting Runnarson vs City.

What the **** are you on about players that he refused to trust in their positions? He's played Laca, Auba, Willian regularly and trusted them, they haven't performed. Laca is now performing which is great, but nothing has changed with Laca. He was getting the changes he's getting now 2 months ago and fluffing them... Auba is still fluffing his lines.

Everything has changed with Laca. He isn't spending the game marking a dm. He now has a midfielder who runs beyond him, just like Ramsey did for him. He has confidence by chance, because Arteta repeatedly dropped him for Nketiah. A player who offers us nothing.

If you think the transfer window is a **** show then you're an outright embarrassment to this fanbase. Its a winter window for god sake. Edu has done incredibly well to ship Kolasinac and Özil plus we will probably ship out Sok and Mustafi as well.

Its far from a shambles, i'd rather ship players out first then evaluate the situation, what do you want in the Jan window?!

I want a plan. We have one left back currently. We have one attacking midfielder. They are integral to how we play. We have one able goalkeeper. We are in a transfer window. Apparently we had a plan? What was it? Just gamble on the fitness of our players like he did with Partey? It currently is a shambles. Sokratis, Saliba and Özil leaving makes no difference. They were not even registered ffs. Kola was and he has gone, so ****ing replace him. Apparently we don't need a scouring department to bring in established players according to you. Where is our established back up left back? Or maybe we should scout one. It's a shambles and I will hold my hands up if they turn it around, but currently I am not satisfied.

If you had it your way you'd be playing a midfield of Elneny - AMN - Saka and Saka wouldn't be performing the way he is now and we wouldn't even have ESR on the pitch, post another lineup bro.

If I had it my way AMN would be ahead of Cedric and Willock. Pretty sure I'd play Partey aswell. Never said not to play ESR either. I have always wanted youth above the terrible experience we have and I have always backed the young players.

How in gods name to people like you get trusted status.

Doesn't even require a response.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Leno
Bellerin-Holding-Mari-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Saka-ESR-Auba
Laca

Wouldn't have thought I'm keeping Gabriel out, but Mari's been class. Good feeling to have 2 very decent options for left footed center back.

Considering the latest press conference. I'm adjusting that to Ceballos instead of Partey with Partey coming off the bench.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think this will be a laboured game for us. Since being hammered 7-0 by Liverpool and 3-0 by Villa, their fortunes have improved somewhat.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
It’s really nice that Partey can come in with atleast a little pressure off his shoulders. I look forward to him being eased back in.

Mohamed7

--------------- Leno ------------------
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - AMN
------- Xhaka --- Elneny ------------
Saka ---------- ESR ------------ Auba
--------------- Laca --------------

Mari has been very good and Tierney outstanding but we need to rest them. They have played four matches successively without any rest.

It will be great to see Partley come on in the last 20 minutes. Great to have him back.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Actually hilarious. Did they assess the situation when he had one training session last time? Ik not bothered whether he plays or not, I would probably be extra careful. However the fact he threw him in, after a thigh strain, and one training session, just shows what kind of person he is. At what point did he think about the player?

Against Tottenham, after he was cleared, when we have a midfield of ****. Screw off with this criticism. I agree a bit more on the Luiz one.

Squillaci

Hoping for some Willian - Zaha switcharoo before match :D
Eze looks promising for them as well. I just hope we will be prepared for their fast counter attacks, looks like we have no problem scoring with Saka, ESR and Laca in team.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I think Elneny needs a rest. Ceballos was rested so he should come back in. Partey is fit so expecting him to start.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cedric has performed whenever called upon.
tenor.gif

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Are people seriously saying put in Mari and Gabriel :lol: we stick with the system that's been giving us wins, we stick with Mari and Holding. Gabriel can come in against Newcastle on Monday.

Playing Mari and Gabriel defeats what Arteta wants to do.
I’d stick with it too, but it would be a tentative decision for sure. It’s never easy ignoring what appears to be your best option.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You won't be able to tell me about him having a bad performance whenever he's started, fact. He's literally Debuchy but with much better technical ability.
Cedric is garbage. Although he's the only player to ever make edu stand up from his seat. So maybe that counts.

Nothing I will say make you change your mind. You'll defend Arteta with your last breath, even if it means defending his bum players.

Mari has been good signing (so far). I'll give him that

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Cedric is garbage. Although he's the only player to ever make edu stand up from his seat. So maybe that counts.

Nothing I will say make you change your mind. You'll defend Arteta with your last breath, even if it means defending his bum players.

Mari has been good signing (so far). I'll give him that

Once again failing to say why Cedric is garbage, cheers though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd love to see Partey play here but I'd like to think we'll have learned the lesson from rushing him back the last time and leave him for this one. Maybe get him started or come off the bench in the Newcastle game so he's ready for the difficult run of fixtures after that.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Against Tottenham, after he was cleared, when we have a midfield of ****. Screw off with this criticism. I agree a bit more on the Luiz one.

Stop being naive. He got injured on the 8th of November. In 28 days he trained once. He wasn't cleared. That's a statement. They gambled and it didn't pay off.

You know why? Because he is a central midfielder expected to sprin, jump, slide tackle, stretch, shoot and play long balls, not to mention run for 90 minutes. And all of that with the increased intensity of a north London derby.

Sorry. They ****ed up. It wasn't a grade 1 or he would have recovered within 2 weeks. It was a grade two and is it a surprise that he is basically out for the same length of time again, except this time it's now 35 days and he has been in full training.

If we made the right decision, Partey would have been available from Southampton and possibly even Burnley at full fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom