• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/01/07

Shredder

YuenBiaoFan said:
alonso14 said:
if you want Henry to be sold for 30m then you are, frankly, barmy

You dont know what you have mate, you really really dont

and how the f**k can the winning goal in the 93rd minute NOT be the crucial goal?

absolutley bizarre

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27064

What magic Wenger could do with £30million.....

This debate gets more absurd by the hour...

Sometimes you'd think that Van Persie and Henry play on different teams! We have them both people! Let's enjoy it! I kind of like the effort though. People really go out of their way to prove their points.

:lol:

alonso14

Established Member
Rohit said:
alonso14 said:
"It'll be a travesty if that Liverpool squad win this Championship,they simply won't"

Whilst I dont think we will win it....IF we did then we would deserve to win it,......to say that it would be a travesty is avery silly statement

Any team that wins a Championship played over 38 games and over 9 months deserves to win it and so would Liverpool if they do.But in my opinion our squad and also Man Utd.'s and Chelsea's is way stronger than Liverpools' and hence why i said that.

I know it's silly because it wil be even more commendable if you do.But the gist of my post was it's painful to watch any other team on the last day of the Premiership lift that trophy and celebrate.It hurts you as much i am sure.

Anways,i apologize it i offended you and pardon me i am qyite drunk.

by no means did you oiffend me and I agree I dont think we can win the title, i think you used the wrong word in "travesty"

Biggus

Established Member
Re: the title race....It is an indistuptable fact (All the records bare this out) that the side who takes most points from their closest rivals triumph-Not only do you gain 3 points, you deny them 3 points and do them physcological damage into the bargain. Those 6 pointer games are crucial and make all the difference.... and we're not doing that bad so far. We just have to be close enough to make the difference :wink:

jester

Established Member
adetiti9yo.gif

Whether you think its embarrassing or not, its still mighty fun to watch

:lol: :lol:

Dougan17

So what are everyone's ratings of the performance by the squad? I think it was a good game all around by just about everyone with a few key errors hurting us but I'd say:

Lehmann - 7.5 - did well to save low on the header but could barely claim a single thing in the box all day but was secure when necessary.
Toure - 8.5 - great game from him I thought, did well holding the ball but at times looked nervous, still did very well.
Senderos - 7.5 - did what he could, some very nervous touches though, fell over once or twice and was worrisome with his marking in the box
Clichy - 8 - great performance by him I thought, overall great tackling and shut down giggs and ronaldo when they tried to push him
Eboue - 6.5 - I want to give him a higher rating for that brilliant cross, some great movement, brilliant tackling at times, but his positioning was awful. He was 20m out of position on the United goal and forced Fabregas to get in a foot race with Evra to the byline by being caught heels to touch and there were other times when he looked overwhelmed.
Flamini - 8 - kept paul scholes quiet all game long and with the form he's been in that's no easy task. He looked out of his depth but he battled his ass off
Fabregas - 8.5 - passing wasn't its usual crispness but you can tell he plays with a real venom against man united, fought hard offensively and defensively, scrapped for the first goal, really just played well.
Hleb - 6.5 - effing transparent, he needed to wake up in this game
Rosicky - 7 - did slightly better than Hleb fighting for the ball on the first goal and really trying to be in the game, but just wasn't too effective.
Adebayor - 8 - hard work went un rewarded but the boy just hustled all day long and really pressured United's backline and won us possession a number of times.
RVP - 8 - short time on the field, really worked hard though and his goal was the definition of not giving up on a play, outhustled neville to a ball that the united skipper had 10m head start on.
Henry - 7 - didn't play as poorly as some people keeping saying but was little better than Hleb only because of the goal but thank god he botched that flick so RVP could score :p

stuart

Established Member
Dougan mate, i think the player ratings is the right place to post that ;)

Loving the flash Jester :lol: What movers they are

>YounGunner<

Established Member
spartan239 said:
Alfonso said:

Think that might just have had somethign to do with the penalty we didnt get in the first half where Neville took down Henry and the ref waved play on :roll:

Its more then that mate. Neville and Arsenal have history. Remember Reyes? We will always be out for revenege and then him hiding behind Roy Keane. What a tosser.

AFCFan4Ever

Great, great game and a terrific result...was really happy to see us battle from 1 down to win the game. van Persie's goal was insane, I'm still trying to figure out how he roofed that shot perfectly. He's really made me eat my words this season and has been immense...hope he has a quick return. Henry's goal was surprising because he rarely scores headed goals, it was expertly taken. Great cross from Eboue to set it up, just wish he'd cut out the theatrics...he and Cronaldo are downright disgraceful at times with their diving and playacting. Oh not to mention Rooney going nuts on the linesman, funny how Diouf gets sent off for the same thing on Sat. but Rooney gets nothing for his abuse. If he were anything but English, that'd be different.

Clichy had Cronaldo in his pocket, he's quickly making a lot of people forget Cashley Cole quickly. Also, Cesc Fabregas never ceases to amaze me...he is a midfield maestro and it's incredible to me how poised and good he is at such a young age. Dare I say that he's the best midfielder in the EPL right now??? I think that's easily the case.

I don't know if Arsenal are back in the title race now but 2nd place is very realistic and who knows, maybe a loss like this will set Utd. back.

All in all, couldn't be happier...time to take it to the Spuds on Wed. in the CC now.

stuart

Established Member
I read in the papaer that Van Persie won't play again this season. Mind you i also read that United dominated and were unlucky to lose :roll:

>YounGunner<

Established Member
stuart said:
I read in the papaer that Van Persie won't play again this season. Mind you i also read that United dominated and were unlucky to lose :roll:

He will play this season. Would be a diaster if his season ended in January.

AFCG7

Established Member
Well they did say RVP could be out 6 weeks..which puts his comeback somewhere around March 11.. he'll need a couple more weeks to get match fit.. so we may not see him fully fit until April.
I hope we do not try to rush him back..its better he recovers fully and then come back into the side.

jgunner84 said:
GunnerGuhl said:
I'd rather see Arsenal. :wink:
But if not, United. No hate for any other team but Chelsea's had the lock for a couple of years now and its time another team took it, for the good of the league in general. Man Utd's worked hard to earn it this season and it would make for a nice 20yr anniversary for Fergie (I respect it)... and hopefully his LAST.

The point is - I want Arsenal to break Chelsea's dominance.I was hoping Manutd's glory years have finally ended and they would have a league drought of another 26 years. :(

But hope is still there.I hope we broke their spirit finally yesterday. :D

Me too. There's still hope (though precious little) and that's something that I came away after yesterday's match. We play Chelsea at OUR fortress next and with all of the challenges ahead I believe our most achievable goal will be to go undefeated at Emirates this season... then Carling... then FA... then CL... then errrmm the league. 8) In that order.

What a grocery list! Would love to see us nick those off one by one between now and summer.

Dennis10

Shredder said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
alonso14 said:
if you want Henry to be sold for 30m then you are, frankly, barmy

You dont know what you have mate, you really really dont

and how the f**k can the winning goal in the 93rd minute NOT be the crucial goal?

absolutley bizarre

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27064

What magic Wenger could do with £30million.....

This debate gets more absurd by the hour...

Sometimes you'd think that Van Persie and Henry play on different teams! We have them both people! Let's enjoy it! I kind of like the effort though. People really go out of their way to prove their points.

:lol:

Excactly what I feel.. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm one of very few Arsenal-fans who love Robin, Ade AND Henry. Heck; I even think Wenger is a great manager, and that he doesn't hate RvP:)

thegame24

Established Member
for **** sake where is this criticism coming from.

hes gonna finish top goalscorerer again.

add ribery in arsenal and we are laughing.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom