• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/01/07

Christofaux

We get them in Australia as well.

Live games dont get shown in England as much so it encourages people to go to the game.

Cricket does it here. Unless the game is a sell out they wont show it live on TV. However when it comes to top football matches im under the impression every game is sold out weeks in advance?

Still gives you more of an incentive to get in and watch it live if they wont televise it live.

jgunner84

I think the best Manutd player yesterday would have to be Ferdinand.He was awesome in the air. If he wasn't playing we would have been able to score much more.He made so many timely interceptions,I lost count.Excellent defender,I have to say. Worth the money.

The MOTM is still Cesc.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I finished downloading the game and watched it again, and Man U did look really solid.
We were struggling to create goal scoring opportunities, and they were trying to hit us on the break. Up until the 84th min, they it did very well, but we all know what happened then.
If I want to be completly honest, I'd stay that a draw would have been fairer.... but what the hell, we won!!!!!!!!!!!!

BannedKwame is right about Carrick- he was utd best player IMO. Vidic and Evra were quite impressive, even thought both of our goals came from his side.

Clichy deserves a special mention though. Giggs, Rooney and Ronaldo were all kept quiet throughout the 90 minutes. Congrats to him.

Timleaf

Established Member
Christofaux said:

Live games dont get shown in England as much so it encourages people to go to the game.

Cricket does it here. Unless the game is a sell out they wont show it live on TV. However when it comes to top football matches im under the impression every game is sold out weeks in advance?

Still gives you more of an incentive to get in and watch it live if they wont televise it live.

Let me tell you something, though. If you havn't got Foxtel don't expect to find a bar showing the 4pm kick-offs.

I've spent a fair ammount of time down under (I'm in Melbourne right now :p ) and if you're willing to stay up late the coverage is far more comprehensive here than back home.

Meek

Timleaf said:
Christofaux said:

Let me tell you something, though. If you havn't got Foxtel don't expect to find a bar showing the 4pm kick-offs.

I spend a fair ammount of time down under through work commitments (I'm in Melbourne right now :p ) and if you're willing to stay up late the coverage is far more comprehensive here than back home.

yeah its true. we always get to see the big matches and this season we have been quite lucky to see most of arsenal's league matches. only problem is the timing (esp seeing as most of us work) but i get around that by having a little nap before kickoff, waking up to watch the match, then sleeping for abt 4 hrs till i have to get up for work/uni.

The_byrne

Christofaux said:
Alfonso said:
From the independent, the impact of Arsenal v Man Utd around the world:

"In 2007, thanks to the global expansion of Premier League football, a sporting version of the same query can now ask: "Does a Thierry Henry header at the far post in London set off a storm in Mumbai or Lagos?" On the evidence of Sunday evening's dramatic events at the Emirates Stadium, yes.

I knew there would be interest in such an important game as Arsenal against Man United in Nigeria," said Joe Nwokoye, who watched the game live in the Lagos suburb of Ikeja. "But I was surprised by the noise in the neighbourhood when Henry scored the winner. You could hear the cheers coming out of windows, and from the square down the road where it was being shown in public. It was a big deal." Nwokoye says many of his friends support Arsenal because of their African players, especially Emmanuel Adebayor, whose parents were born in Nigeria".

That actually brought a smile to my face, could kinda picture it in my mind (though the picture in my mind is probably nothing similar to the reality of what it looks like). It soudns as if they were following it like they would be following their nation. Although from documentries it seems more like they would be dancing in the street.... to Akon ;) .

My brother watched it in botswana, and said all the locals loved toure, eboue and Adebayor, he couldn't belive it.

Rohit

Established Member
The coverage here in India and Asia for that matter is unbelievable.4 live games on Saturday,atleast 2 on a Sunday,games in midweek if any,F.A Cup,Carling Cup just about everything.

Legend#1

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Myles' view on the game:

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/inde ... eturnid=42

Unsurprisingly he agrees with me on RVP:

A miraculous finish from a narrow angle by Arsenal's top scorer this season.

That turned the game.

And

It's Cesc's team now, so where does Henry fit in?

I think he doesn't and as such stick by my view that he WILL be gone a lot sooner than most of the fans would like.

You're boasting about having the same opinion as Myles?

I've seen it all now.

wowwow.

YuenBiaoFan said:
LuKaZaN said:
Having the same opinion as Myles bloody Palmer is not something to shout about.

Well at least that gives me some company in (supposedly) talking bollocks :lol:

no no mate, even YOU dont talk as much bollox as myles bloody palmer as sombody once correctly put it.

Viper

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
Myles' view on the game:

That turned the game.

And

I think he doesn't and as such stick by my view that he WILL be gone a lot sooner than most of the fans would like.

I've seen it all now.
So EVERY SINGLE word typed by Myles is bullshit?

jester

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
Van Persies goal changed the game Henrys won it.

When Robin scored Man Utd fell apart they just gave up.

reminded me of us in the c.l last year, once the equaliser went in there was only one winner.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Viper said:
Legend#1 said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
Myles' view on the game:

That turned the game.

And

I've seen it all now.
So EVERY SINGLE word typed by Myles is bullshit?
Not every word. But for a journalist who wrote a book admiring Wenger so much, made a PROFIT from the book sale, then a few years later he changed his mind and blatantly regretted that he shouldn't rated Wenger so highly.

If this was done by an ananymous footie fan, I can accept that, but I can't accept this f^kin fickling attitude from a journalist who wrote and sold the book. :x

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom