• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

That down because our central midfielders protect the defense more if you notice with Emery this season that 1 pass from deeo open us up because the positioning of our midfielders are bad no discipline at all

Spot on, you can say what you want about our defenders but they had no chance with the way we were playing before, you can give us the four best defenders in the world and they will look awful without any kind of protection

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pleased Arteta is getting the team working together and working hard. Does that means these players aren't as shi te as the many accusations on this board have suggested?

I am far from relaxed though. A better team than this anodyne version of Manu would have scored in the second half and maybe even got a draw. Unless we go 3-0 up we will drop points if we tail off as we have in the last games, and if we fall behind....

Which goes to say that perhaps this group of players is not the best to play this type of football and Arteta needs to get his own group.
We dropped many points from winning position against weaker teams this season because we allow them to attack us look at Crystal Palace Wolves games for example we were in good position but suddenly at 2nd half we just stopped playing and allow them to attack us

Manberg

Predator
Pleased Arteta is getting the team working together and working hard. Does that means these players aren't as shi te as the many accusations on this board have suggested?

I am far from relaxed though. A better team than this anodyne version of Manu would have scored in the second half and maybe even got a draw. Unless we go 3-0 up we will drop points if we tail off as we have in the last games, and if we fall behind....

Which goes to say that perhaps this group of players is not the best to play this type of football and Arteta needs to get his own group.

Sure we need better players but due to the heavily congested recent run of games and a need of adjustment to Arteta's tactics fitness levels are down. Team needs a bit of a break.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

images

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Sure we need better players but due to the heavily congested recent run of games and a need of adjustment to Arteta's tactics fitness levels are down. Team needs a bit of a break.
All the teams we've played against have suffered from the congestion and our squad is incomparably stronger than, say, Bournemouth's. I think it has more to do with the type of players we've acquired. Some of these may make the grade but we have too many of the sort that doesn't have stamina to press for 90 minutes.

I don't think it's better players, it's higher energy players that we need.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

There's only one women comedian Ive ever genuinely laughed at, but it's more her way than the content, although she does do funny stuff. Sarah Silverman. Would also let her have her way with me.

I'll give her one chance to make me laugh.

Manberg

Predator
All the teams we've played against have suffered from the congestion and our squad is incomparably stronger than, say, Bournemouth's. I think it has more to do with the type of players we've acquired. Some of these may make the grade but we have too many of the sort that doesn't have stamina to press for 90 minutes.

I don't think it's better players, it's higher energy players that we need.

Probably, but I think we'll see improvement in second halves after the players have had a bit of a break.

Players on high wages and/or transfer fees like Özil and Pepe seem to get tired the fastest and that's kind of worrying.

Manberg

Predator
Laca's working hard so credit to him. I still think when Martinelli is fit we will see a Martinelli - Aubameyang - Pepe front line. That is unless Arteta is preferring Lacazette because Laca can hold the ball better, which I have been seeing. Still a confidence issue with Lacazette with regards to end product.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Classic example of "History is written by the victors" as now being pinned in their own half all game & getting a penalty by diving is defined as 'bullying' Arsenal
Well yes... but it is! All the lovely football we'd play against them counted for nothing when we lost.

Wenger's teams at their best undoubtedly outplayed Ferguson's at their best but that didn't always translate into results for all sorts of reasons.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Well, that was a satisfying game to attend.

Felt like we were actually watching Arsenal again.

The entire ground felt it - great atmosphere and right back behind the team and a coach who has an actual, perceptible plan. You can tell that the players feel it too and are all putting in a shift.

We clearly have an issue with stamina - and injuries - but much as this season looks like a write off, everyone seemed to be looking forwards which felt good for a change.

Hopefully the board back Mikel in the next couple of transfer windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom