• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Pretty openly admitted the players aren't at peak fitness and weren't happy under Emery - but have bought into Arteta in a big way.

If the last 3 matches are any indication then hopefully we start climbing up the table to where we know we should be.

9 points from the next 3 & I'll start to believe we can claw our way back into contention for top 4.

What a win to start the new decade!! :bounce:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Watched it and the one with Wrigthy and that Welsh fella on YouTube with subtitles. When they spoke about Kolašinac the subtitles spelled out Colossal Nuts... :rofl: Never has an incorrect subtitle been better. That is a guy that will not back down from a fight! Go Kola!
I will never be able to unhear that when commentators call his name.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those guys at redcafe really are salty :lol:

This is a post from redcafe

Today's game is meaningless. United were horrible. Worst game of the season and one of the worst in a decade. We would have torn them apart on counters, if we were not utter
trash.

Bradpiff

Anyone else who couldn't help smiling like a Cheshire cat when the fans were singing so loud in the second half.

Some positivity around the ground at last. Hope this lasts. Next season after Arteta gets some proper time with them will be interesting

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
More post from redcafe's post game thread

Poster: Freddie the Red

Disgusting performance from a so called Manchester United first 11. Too many nowhere near good enough, too many stealing a living, too many not leaving it all on the pitch and the Pogba soap opera continues to sap the life out of the club. Get rid of those who should never put the shirt on again and get rid of the French distraction and his Dutch/Italian mate who himself should never see the inside of OT ever again.

Poster:Fittchet

Absolutely dreadful first half, picked up in the second half after the two subs. I get the need for squad rotation over the Xmas period, but starting Lingard guarantees a defeat. Even by his standards, he was totally pointless tonight. Shaw too was utter ****e. Neither of them should ever play for the 1st team again. Pereira and Williams are much better options. Complacent attitude from the players and management tonight. Won the last two games, so no big deal if we lose tonight. Incapable of stringing more than two wins in succession.
Tonight highlighted the need for three good signings this month. But of course, the Glazers and Woodward are only interested in financial profit and not on pitch success.

Poster: Revaulx

Arteta's hair looks so perfectly placed on his head it looks fake
Finding anything else than dealing with the crap we just watched.

Poster:

Arsenal was already a team full of cnuts and they've become 100% more cnuty under Arteta. An impressive turnaround.

Poster: Gledthered

Horrendous, hatred every second.
2020 ruined!

Poster: Hugh Jass

At least hopefully that is the end of Lingard. Shaw poor as well.
Fred at least looked decent.
I thought we would drop points before the match. We always lose at Arsenal. Once they got the early goal, i said that was it.
Better performance in the second half though.

Poster: FireballXL5

Arteta's been there for 5 minutes and you can see what he's all about. Meanwhile, we're serving up the same turgid bollocks.

Poster: Dirty Shwein

We made arsenal look like Barca and Pepe look like Messi. WTF

Poster: Sunama

So, in the matchday thread, all week I have been bullish.
Singing our praises and debasing AFC, telling everybody how crap AFC are.
The first time this season I have been very positive, confident of an easy win.
I even said that we'd work on our goal difference. What a fool I was.
Today's result has taught me never ever get sucked into positivity again, when it comes to this team.
I apologise to everybody for being so bullish and will be ultra negative in the run up to our next match.
The other thing was that our manager got schooled by Arsenal's rookie manager. It was his first win as manager of Arsenal, too.

Poster: IrishRedDevil

Wolves and Sp**s below us beaten, Chelsea draw.
Over to United to make the most of the situation...
Spanked by Arsenal. Couldn't make this ****e up.

Poster:OnlyTwoDasilvas

Fred was ace. AWB had some good spells. Martial too. Every one else was bad. Slow, careless, lethargic performance. Just looked like they didn't want it. Arsenal wanted every ball and fought for everything. We didn't.
Losing away at the Emirates isn't the end of the world, but at least go down swinging. Losing like that is pitiful.

Poster: Majima

Raiola was right, Man Utd are ****e.

Poster: Matt007a

Our lack of midfield quality and bite costs us again. You beat Arsenal by bullying their soft centre and stopping their creative players from playing. Only Man City can actually out pass them really.
If we had 2 of Herrera, Fellaini or McTominay playing today I think we’d have won. Instead we’ve got Matic who is too slow to get to the man on the ball and Lingard who doesn’t have an ounce of aggression (or quality) in his game.
Fred tried to his credit but was totally overrun due to the lack of backup and support in harassing Arsenal players and getting stuck in.
Once they got the 2nd goal and made it to HT they knew full well if they just sat back we’d create nothing and so it proved again.

Poster:TMDaines

A really dire two hours. Could barely lay a glove on Arsenal. Counterattack just never got going. I did predict this though sadly. Had us down to lose 1-0 saw us giving away a soft goal and then just being unable to get going against a side who are in midtable and are just focussing on being solid, rather than feeling fully confident in attack.
Frustratingly I predicted the XI too and only managed to name two subs who I thought Ole would want to bring on chasing a goal. We just don’t have the depth in attack, options are so poor.
Against Watford we beat ourselves through errors and ****e finishing, but tonight we simply were outplayed and managed out of the match. That’s incredibly depressing when you think how **** Arsenal have been.
Somehow we have kind of got away with it though. Chelsea, Sp**s and Wolves only picked up a single point between them in games they were odds on to win. I didn’t see us winning today, but certainly saw us losing more ground than that.

Poster; Judas

Made Arsenal look good. Even in the second half when they were terrible we didn't lay a scratch on them. Truly pathetic performance.

Poster: Heinzesight

We just love to reignite a teams season don’t we.
**** the bed at a bit of pressing.
I think the whole forum is in agreement with Shaw (and Lingard who surely can’t start for us ever again) but Rashford was totally anonymous too. Martial looked a slapped arse and we were just shaky in all areas.
Not running at Kolasinac when he was on a yellow from the first minute was just mind boggling.
Also, never realised what a diving, feigning injury prick Lacazette was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom