• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

marco

Gurgen said:
Proved his worth by absence? We've conceded the same goal with him in the team marco.

RvP has been 'ok' because he is playing on the left, but apart from Henry he is the only goalscorer in the team. So I'd say he's pretty vital.

A goal on the break>

how often do teams do that v us?

very few times because gilberto breaks it up, watch him when we have a corner or an attacking move and it breaks up.
his positional play is fantastic

Gurgen

Established Member
Very few times? Happened four times already this season, three times with Gilberto in the team.

Not that Gilberto isn't a good player, but he's not the reason we couldn't win today.

Gurgen

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Gurgen said:
How is Van Persie going to score regularly from the left wing? Even from there he has bailed us out with numerous pieces of brilliance this season, so stop attacking one of the few players who have been up to standards this season.

When did he "bail us out"? Only time was against Charlton.

He is way too inconsistent, there's no denying that. He'll look like a world beater for a game or two and then look awful for the next 3 or 4.

He's not the right foil to Henry, deal with it...he's never going to be a consistent goal scorer in our side so why bother?

Missed the Everton game?

He has been playing on the left wing, how on earth can you judge him on that?

kooldawg

Established Member
The general feeling seems to be that we need another goal scoring alternative when Henry's not playing, and i totally agree with that.

I know a lot of people here like Ade, but he isnt a clinical finisher and i dont think there is a chance that he is ever going to improve any more than what he really is. He might fit in a team like Portsmouth or Wigan etc, but i'm sorry he aint Arsenal material.

We need another goal scoring forward, i dont care who he is, just find us another clinical finisher Arsène!!!

stuart

Established Member
i realise ade or rvp haven't been brilliant but rvp had a good game today until he went off he was our best player minus hleb possibly

i want to see aliadiere,lupoli, or bendtner in the team, i realise some are on loan but surely we should be taking bendtner back, sure the reserves leagues are gonna be easier to score in but after all you still have to get the ball on target which these guys can all do! they could be the clinical striker we need!!

i wish wenger had went for klose in 2002

the dawn raids

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
He is way too inconsistent, there's no denying that. He'll look like a world beater for a game or two and then look awful for the next 3 or 4.

no way in hell. hes had a bad game or two, certainly not in succession like you suggest. hes had more good games than bad, and a lot of those are him out of position.

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
How is Van Persie going to score regularly from the left wing? Even from there he has bailed us out with numerous pieces of brilliance this season, so stop attacking one of the few players who have been up to standards this season.

Come off it, apart from the Charlton game he hasn't done anything special at all. He's looking a bit better recently but he's not giving us big performances.

People keep saying the 4-5-1 is no good for van persie but he was even worse in the 4-4-2. IMO te 4-5-1 is accomodating him.

anyway we dont need to sign a striker but a recall mightn't be a bad idea.

Viper

Established Member
Van Persie hasn't really been impressive in 451. Putting him on the left is like playing Fabregas wide right.

His best play comes from central positions, and is most threatening from those areas. All his goals from this season have come from central positions.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
You put Van Persie on the right wing and then we will have goals from him.

Whats the difference if Hleb plays on the right.

Lukazan

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
In fact, outside of Henry we don't have a consistent goalscoring threat. Cesc is not scoring goals like he did last year.

Erm, what the hell are you talking about? Fabregas scored 3 goals in the Prem last season....

And RVP needs a run upfront, that is all. If he got that he'd score goals, there is no doubt in my mind about that. Right now he is being played on the left with his lethal left foot constantly where it shouldn't be.

It's like playing Cesc at CB, Lehmann on the right wing or Henry in goal and then whining because they aren't producing.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the recap on MOTD about how the team conceded the goal. I can't help wonder if Eboue knows Dyer is right-footed. So chances were Dyer would more likely go to his own strong side. But again this jsut showed how vulnerable the team's two fullbacks are to counterattacks.

americanarf

Established Member
kooldawg said:
The general feeling seems to be that we need another goal scoring alternative when Henry's not playing, and i totally agree with that.

I know a lot of people here like Ade, but he isnt a clinical finisher and i dont think there is a chance that he is ever going to improve any more than what he really is. He might fit in a team like Portsmouth or Wigan etc, but i'm sorry he aint Arsenal material.

We need another goal scoring forward, i dont care who he is, just find us another clinical finisher Arsène!!!

agreed

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kanu scored a goal this weekend. His execusion was excellent as his flicked the ball over both the defender's leg and Foster's hands. When can Ade learn to be clinical like that Kanu's goal?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Adebayor will never be like Kanu. Techniqually Kanu is probably one of the most gifted Africans that has played the game.

Who was the thick idiot that ever came up with such a comparison in the first place?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
* cough* Me? I can come up another comparison to your personal self if you like.

I guess Ade's consecutive miss not only made people pissed, but also made them become pisstakers.

lee1001

Established Member
Id like to know why Wenger has failed to improve defending and attacking at corners and failed to improve our crossing ability.

Id also like to know why he still hasn't solved the problem of overcoming teams that play 10 men behind the ball.

These problems have been going on for too long and im concerend that there has been no improvement.

You would of thought huge results against United and Liverpool would give the squad the confidence to push on but its not happening.

Even the most average of teams can come to the Emirates with simple tactics of men behind the ball, have one shot on goal, score and get a result.

For the first time in 10 years Wenger has changed our formation and now we
struggle to score goals.

This may be a little harsh but ultimately the manager is responsible, its not like we are short of quality players, in fact we have more depth in the squad than ever before.

On a positive note...stunning freekick from Henry.

lee1001

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Just watched the recap on MOTD about how the team conceded the goal. I can't help wonder if Eboue knows Dyer is right-footed. So chances were Dyer would more likely go to his own strong side. But again this jsut showed how vulnerable the team's two fullbacks are to counterattacks.

Its basic defending tbh.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

tactica442 said:
Kanu scored a goal this weekend. His execusion was excellent as his flicked the ball over both the defender's leg and Foster's hands. When can Ade learn to be clinical like that Kanu's goal?

Kanu was never clinical playing for us and inconsistent as hell , one of my favourite players when he was here but no way was he a goal scoring machine.

brady

lee1001 said:
tactica442 said:

Its basic defending tbh.

I have to agree. Eboue is a great overlapping fullback but his defending is a littel suspect. I rate Clichy higher because he is so much more tenacious never letting you settle down even if you beat him. Just greater defensive awareness. Eboue seemed to me, in letting Dyer shoot, a bit complacent.

We were great early on, swinging in dangerous crosses but then settled back into the habit of threading passes through the middle and still unwilling to shoot. Late on, we took more shots and it almost paid off. Cesc's deflected shot was oh so close...

All in all, a bad day at the office

DC Gunner

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Id also like to know why he still hasn't solved the problem of overcoming teams that play 10 men behind the ball.

Take a page from Fungus book.

Let me ask anyone here, who would think we can beat fat Sam in their backyard 4-0 ?

We have lots of amazing players, but we need more speed and more shooting from outside, but that is just my opinion.

Question: when was the last match a striker scored for us during the run of play [outside the RVP and TH14 Free Kicks] ?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom