• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 18/01/04

Soler

Established Member
JazzG said:
hopefully the ******* blues will lose as well

Doubt it's going to happen. From what I can hear in the background, sounds like they're just a moment away from scoring.

Legend#1

Established Member
Chelsea 0-0 at half time...You never know

Great performance by the Gooners, Pires was exceptional in the 1st half, Henry was a different class, Solid and Top of the league 8)

JGooner

This is professional sport. We play to win, not to charm. Even if the goals were unsportsmanlike, which they weren't, they were still legitimate. We have to think like Manure do. Ruthlessness, people, ruthlessness.

Both CBs were good today, especially Campbell. Being a toyboy must have given him a new lease of life, as they say.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We didn't play that well but getting the 3 points was the main thing. Pires was exceptional in the first half and Henry was sublime in the second. David O'leary and his sour grapes during his interview was hilarious.

JGooner

Kevin Costner was there as well. He is a casual Arsenal fan and took the helicopter from London to Birmingham to catch the game. Helicopter! Class.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JGooner said:
Kevin Costner was there as well. He is a casual Arsenal fan and took the helicopter from London to Birmingham to catch the game. Helicopter! Class.

Yeh I just heard him on 5live a few minutes ago.

jc8gooner

Usual story eh. Whatever. We know that we didn't cheat to win and it was the ref who gave those decisions not us. Its about time a ref gave something in our favour. I don't think anyone would really care about earning your respect to be honest.
The Gunners never looked close to getting a goal from open play.
Sure. All those shots on target counted for nothing.

The Premier

jc8gooner said:
I don't think anyone would really care about earning your respect to be honest.

Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't expect anyone to care about my opinion. Just setting out my observations of this afternoon's game.

well that post of yours gone
if you insult your posts will be edited or taken off cyber space :lol:

IW8

The Premier said:
Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't expect anyone to care about my opinion. Just setting out my observations of this afternoon's game.
So why are giving us your opinions then? We won ugly this afternoon and our unbeaten record is still intact. We're top of the league, TH14 has overtaken RVN in the goals, Chelski drew, Man U lost, and we're still in 4 competitions. I for one will go to bed tonight a very HAPPY Gooner, regardless of what you, the press and David O'Leary think :angel

JGooner

ThePremier - if you are going to accuse another club of being cheats and depending on biased refereeing for its success, try tomake sure that you don't support a club that concedes a penalty at home once every 7 years or so. It'll make you look silly.

algunner

Premier I am sure ManUtd would have luved to have our game against Villa relagardless your observation or not... You know why b/c we WON and manutd LOST.....

So quit the talking how cheap you can be and concentrate how mavellous arsenal players can be and be top of the league unbeaten all season.

AFCG7

Established Member
The Premier.. you and all the rest who call us unsportsmanlike can **** off.. when Ian Harte did it to us for Leeds everyone laughed at our complaints.. Wenger said way back then that someone needs to look at the rules pertaining to the taking of free kicks..thats right Wenger told the powers that be to do something about it.. 2 years have past and they havent done anything .. so why are people moaning when we took advantage ??
It was not unfair.. if it was then Leeds should not have beaten us that day at Highbury.

Mark

Established Member
the rules of football are that if the player asks the referee for a quick free kick then the referee will not blow a whistle and will not let the other team know that the player is taking it quickly, which is what henry asked today, while if a player asks for the defending team's players to move ten yards back the ref moves them ten yards back and then blows the whistle when the other team are ten yards back and the attacking team take the free kick, which is what angel asked for later in the game. there was nothing wrong with our goal and we deserved to win as we were the better team and villa never really looked like troubling us.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom