• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Sunday 25th November | 13:30 GMT

Prediction

• Bournemouth win

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Best match thread in the history of Arsenal Mania

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That deal is sort of also the reason why Ramsey has to leave. It’s a financial decision, we pay Mkhi 200k or something and decided we can’t afford to do the same for Ramsey. I’d rather have Ramsey than Mkhi.

Where did you get the idea that Mkhitaryan is making £200,000 a week? In fact, he's not making much more than Ramsey is right now. Micki is earning the same £120,000 a week he was making at United. Ramsey is making £110,000 a week. If Ramsey were only looking for Micki's salary, he'd have been able to extend his contract a long time ago.

In fact, Aubameyang is the 2nd highest paid player on the squad by quite some margin and he's only making £180,000 a week.

HBL

Established Member
I hope this is sarcastic

West Ham, Bournemouth, and... Fulham... we sure looked great in the former two, and definitely didn’t need own goals to win those games.
I was just stating a fact.

How many games have we looked great with Özil in the side? Because Fulham & Leicester are the only games I recall us playing brilliantly, the rest of the games have been about grinding out results. r

ptrcopp

How many games have we looked great with Özil in the side? Because Fulham & Leicester are the only games I recall us playing brilliantly, the rest of the games have been about grinding out results. r

Perhaps Everton, but you can’t pretend stating that fact was meant to imply nothing.

All I meant by saying that was we have been grinding out results with Özil. It’s not like we’ve been better without him. 3 games isn’t much, especially with who we have played and how we played in two of those games, and in attack and well defence

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Was on edge but was confident we would come away with the W. Happy we won, now it's done, time to focus on Sp**s - really need to show that there not better then us, I think the boys, fans and Emery will be ready to go!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ds3Anr3XQAE8pjo.jpg:large

The transformation for Bournemouth over the last 10 years has been nothing short of incredible if not miraculous. What Eddie Howe has done for the club is out of this world.
What he’s achieved is nothing short of spectacular. But when Mourinho gets sacked he probably won’t be in the frame for Man U.

The richest clubs are reluctant to take on up and coming managers, these days. Don’t know why? Their most successful manager ever was found that way.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What he’s achieved is nothing short of spectacular. But when Mourinho gets sacked he probably won’t be in the frame for Man U.

The richest clubs are reluctant to take on up and coming managers, these days. Don’t know why? Their most successful manager ever was found that way.

In United's case, fans would fear that Eddie Howe was another David Moyes (who gets more blame for what happened during his tenure than he deserves). Eddie might be a great success there, but he would have an awfully short leash.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

What was Matt Busby doing before managing them?

avalonhse

Most of what we did in January was poor. We paid Özil way too much. The same with Mkhi and arguably Auba. And the problem with all of this is that other players are looking around thinking they deserve at least that because they're playing better.

Overpaid for the best goal scorer in PL right now?

If you look at Lukaku, Morata and Alexis, Auba wages/bonus is a steal.
Pls tell me who are looking around thinking they deserve at least that because they're playing better than Auba?
Honestly people can not stop the critics.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Liverpool was probably our best performance .

Mohamed7

I watched the highlights now. It is embarrassing how Hector Bellerin joggled back on that counter attack. Brooks, who was behind Hector when the counter started, actually assisted the goal. Had Bellerin ran at the same intensity, he could have intercepted the pass to Brooks from Fraser and we could have gone to the half leading. Ifs and buts, but really, I cannot understand why he would not run back.

I get your frustration, but Mkhi is still a very important player.
Only if we are aiming for forth. If we want more next term, we've got to bin him! Am saying this cos you could probably count on one hand his good performances with us! I could be wrong but I don't recall any world class performance from him with us!
Like someone else said, ESR, AMN and even Reiss could easily replace him in the squad without there being a drop in quality!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only if we are aiming for forth. If we want more next term, we've got to bin him! Am saying this cos you could probably count on one hand his good performances with us! I could be wrong but I don't recall any world class performance from him with us!
Like someone else said, ESR, AMN and even Reiss could easily replace him in the squad without there being a drop in quality!
He rarely plays in his preferred position, and still doesn't complain. AND has given us quite decent number of assists and goals.

These type of players are badly needed. The youngsters will obviosuly take up the role, but he is a direct replacement for Özil right now, with no one else as good as him.

He rarely plays in his preferred position, and still doesn't complain. AND has given us quite decent number of assists and goals.

These type of players are badly needed. The youngsters will obviosuly take up the role, but he is a direct replacement for Özil right now, with no one else as good as him.
You could be right about the position thing. I get super frustrated with him when he's beaten for pace with opposition wingers and fullbacks!
Just maybe he could do better in the 10 where his lack of pace won't be exposed.
About that, he must have played in the 10 right?

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
Didn't manage to catch the game because of the time it was on (kick off at 12:30am, gotta wake up for work at 5am), but had a quick read through the thread. Was Mkhitaryan as bad as everyone was making him out to be or was that just knee jerk at the time?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I watched the highlights now. It is embarrassing how Hector Bellerin joggled back on that counter attack. Brooks, who was behind Hector when the counter started, actually assisted the goal. Had Bellerin ran at the same intensity, he could have intercepted the pass to Brooks from Fraser and we could have gone to the half leading. Ifs and buts, but really, I cannot understand why he would not run back.

The guy is busting a gut up and down the right flank every game, he probably just didn’t have enough in the tank. How you manage your energy levels is also an important skill especially for a player where quick explosive runs are a core part of his position. Bellerin is still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom