• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 6/11/04

Patrick are you really 42 or is that like 4 plus 2?

Joke.

Understand why Vieira is one of the best players we've every produced and everything will be fine.

Operative word being "WHY".

Florida Gooner

While we certainly can't blame everything on one person, which would be completely unfair, anyone with a even a bit of the analytical eye can see that Vieira has not been himself all year, for whatever reason. Let's not discount the possibility that his past injury has cost him a step.

lee1001 said:
Allyboy said:
Maybe it was the giant man in front of me blocking my view today but I can only recall their keeper making one or two decent saves, the rest were all routine....

Palace were excellent in defending, while we had a day when our attacks did not come off, yet we still got in front.

The disappointment was the slack defending again which cost us 2 points and should have cost us 3 points (their guy missing an open goal at 1-1!)

It seems my previous post was completely ignored when i made exactly the same point. But im glad somebody else noticed the fact that we didn't miss any decent chances today, all we managed to create were half-chances. So im not sure what Patrick and Goonerfish are still arguing about.

I think I'll drop it as I've just noticed some people don't know why Vieira has placed himself in history as one of the greatest ever players.

AFCG7

Established Member
Thats why i said people shouldnt take my comments as a witch hunt against Vieira.. he is not the sole cause of our failings but his poor performance is putting too much pressure on our defense.

Florida Gooner

patrick42uk said:
not once have i said vieira played well. but gooner fish pulled out the stats where we had 19 shots on goal and he blames vieira for our failure to score which i dont agree with.

Here's a stat for you:

Palace: 1 shot on target - 1 goal

patrick42uk

Established Member
Gooner Fish said:
Patrick you're searching in vain to find a flaw in what I'm saying and coming with all manner of excuses in every post.

It all boils back down to your lack of understanding of the game.

The central midfield very rarely play killer balls. Their job is to control momentum.

How do you expect me to sit here and talk to you when you know very little about how Arsenal play, for Lord knows what reason.

Remember, we are quick on the break - Vieira is a clinical and critical factor of this.

Remember this - when we're not quick on the break we meet a 10 man defence.

Remember this - we counter a 10 man defence with a quick break - engineered and controlled from central midfield.

I think I will go in circles here if I am in competition with your arrogance and vanity. Stick to the topic and we'll be fine.

why make persomal digs? and yes lets stick to the topic. you'v said in one of your previous posts that the attack werent as composed because vieira's deliivery was delayed. well i'm countering that by sugesting vieira never gives the final delivery. vieira only creates indirectly. more often than not, the ball from vieira goes to one of the front men than to another which is why our front men register the assists not vieira. now the facts you pointed out suggest we had chances. that means the front men had th chance to create which means vieira fufilled his role of laying the ball onto them well. if anyone is going to be blamed for a poor final delivery leading to rushed shots, then it should be one of the front men and not vieira.

LOL

Patrick you're still not listening and that's why I take personal digs. It gets tedious and I can't help but take the piss.

Did I say he takes the final delivery?
No.

Ask yourself this - what is the point of a team?

Scoring goals - hey we can all agree upon that.

Now let me move you on to the job of a central midfield.

Holding momentum, keeping up pace.

Vieira held on to the ball too long.

Read my posts in full, or I'm just going to take the piss. It's like in a film where they're always taking cheap shots at teh idiots because he can't understand.

For instance - say you're a hunter. Timing is of the essence and you need to shoot straight away. Now if you hold on to the gun too long, thinking, wondering, contemplating - your target disappears.

That's teh same with Arsenal - if Vieira holds on to the ball too long, we lose our chance. No matter how much in vain we attempt to shoot - they will be bad chances. This means we have the attack but our timing has built up a defence in the oppossition.

This is how arsenal play.

On the break.

Now Patrick I know you're trying to save face now. If you're not I think an idiot could understand this.

patrick42uk said:
more often than not, the ball from vieira goes to one of the front men than to another which is why our front men register the assists not vieira. now the facts you pointed out suggest we had chances. that means the front men had th chance to create which means vieira fufilled his role of laying the ball onto them well.

No he didn't. Vieira has never ever been an assist man.

Vieira's game is clear ball and making a break.

Today he held on to the ball too long, creating a ten man defence. The old Vieira never does that.

I'll repeat that ad nauseum if you like.

Today he held on to the ball too long, creating a ten man defence. The old Vieira never does that.

lee1001

Established Member
Gooner Fish said:
lee1001 said:
Allyboy said:
Maybe it was the giant man in front of me blocking my view today but I can only recall their keeper making one or two decent saves, the rest were all routine....

Palace were excellent in defending, while we had a day when our attacks did not come off, yet we still got in front.

The disappointment was the slack defending again which cost us 2 points and should have cost us 3 points (their guy missing an open goal at 1-1!)

It seems my previous post was completely ignored when i made exactly the same point. But im glad somebody else noticed the fact that we didn't miss any decent chances today, all we managed to create were half-chances. So im not sure what Patrick and Goonerfish are still arguing about.

I think I'll drop it as I've just noticed some people don't know why Vieira has placed himself in history as one of the greatest ever players.

If that was a dig at me then it was uncalled for as i didn't even mention Vieira, just that we didn't create many clear cut chances.

omega man

We have to have a bad patch during the season and the fact we have
only lost 1 game during this bad spell is somewhat promising. Its
very hard to take our numerous drawn results but we are not
losing and its better to get the bad patch over with early!

sabret00the

Established Member
ok so i was watching the game in disbeleif, we all seemed to be playing so casually i couldn't quite grasp what was going on, we weren't playing ****e but just weren't taking the game seriously, we were dominating but didn't seem to wanna do anything with that fact.

what saddened me even more was the fact that Cygan got MoTM in my opinion by such a clear margin, it was a well deserved award i just wish the rest of the team would've taken his lead.

Lehmann - Calamity Jens again - 6
Lauren - Looked good both attacking and defensively - 7
Toure - Looked good again and made some key track backs as he tried to push up - 7
Cygan - Clearly our best player today - 8
Cole - although looked good was quiet, the partnership between him and pires seems to be a thing of yesterday - 7
Freddie - was running good and got in the game didn't make sense to bring him off - 7
Cesc - was the better of the two midfielders - 7
Vieira - made some good runs but doesn't look the player he was before this real saga - 6
Pires - **** me what was he even doing on the pitch - 5
Reyes - kept floating outta position and trying to play the winger of the central midfielder, attacked well but weren't his game of the season and to be honest looked outta position* as a central striker - 6
Henry - played on the wrong side, seemed to be on the road to improvement but it didn't seem to come through again floated outta position* - 6

* to the detriment of the flow of our game
=========================
subs
=========================
Bergkamp - came on and was just as bad as Pires if not worst, came on for Freddie and failed to provide width, his first touch was terrible, cost us the game - 5
van Persie - the best thing about our game today in all honest, attacking wise, looked like he was gonna win us the game from he got on the pitch - 7
Flamini - came on for a player who was looking better and better with time that went, hard boots to fill but done it well enough - 6

that's my thoughts on the game.

Wenger was the most questionable today, he took too long to take Pires off and taking off our only right sided attacking player was STUPID, so stupid i wanna swear, what the **** was he thinking.

James

Established Member
Got back from the game an hour ago. Yet another disappointing performance all round really. Atmosphere was great for first 20 minutes then just died, typical of late.

Performance, shocking. Worst i've seen for a long time. Thierry didnt find an Arsenal player once in the first half. Nor did Pires in the second.

Kolo i thought was our best player today. How much can one player do when playing with Cygan. Vieira played well in my opinion, Cesc looks tired and today wasn't his sort of game. Paddy had to do alot of tracking and tackling for him today. The game was more suited for Flamini i think

sabret00the

Established Member
oh and my favourite moment of the game was when you could see henry mouth Paddy after paddy wasted the corner. he looked like he was about to moan some.

tristan

patrick42uk said:
you get me.

chelsea always play for the one-nil. i'd be surprised if they are consistenly able to get away with that for a whole season. in fact they havent as man city and villa have shown.

Chelsea do not always play for the one-nil. If they did, they would not have beaten teams by more than one goal as they have a few times this season. I've seen people complain about Palace and their 9-0-1 formation, well, teams do that to Chelsea too. Everton did it today.

arsenal4life

sabret00the said:
what saddened me even more was the fact that Cygan got MoTM in my opinion by such a clear margin, it was a well deserved award i just wish the rest of the team would've taken his lead.

are you on drugs

he was by far the worst him and Pires
but Pires mistake wouldn't cost us

but Cygan cost us 2 points

just replay the tape of the game and watch carfully where were he when the cross was played

he was in the edge of the 18yard box

what the hell is the CB supposed to be in the defense case
in the edge of the box or inside the six yard box

OMG
you can't be really off couse, you must be kidding

he could cost us another two goals
the cross after the goal and with the same mistake !!!!!!!!
one when he returned the ball to Lehmann when he was only 5 feet far from him !!!!!!!!!

FACE IT SIMPLY PLEASE instaed of defendeing the player in right and in wrong

we play with ONLY ONE CB
KOLO TOURE

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
This is what it's all about, ladies and gentleman. This is when it comes down to character, determination, and mental strength. Last season was unbelievable, in that there was no November slump for us to manage. I think some people have forgotten that this ALWAYS happens at this time of the season. Last season was one-off. We are not invincible, and never were. Get it out of your heads folks. We are simply a very good team trying to win the title going through a rough patch. Today was a poor result, yes, but when the confidence is low, we should know that our flowing game simply doesn't work. It comes down to grinding out results for a while, much like the first half of last season. If we've forgotten how to grind without the likes of Romford and Keown, well, we're probably fecked. But all we need is to get a win, however ****e the performance, and build from there. That's how we regain form, and it's how we've done it in the past. And there is still plenty of time for us to build to a devastating crescendo once again.

In some ways, I think it's better if Chelsea become the favourites for now. We'll see how they deal with the pressure. This is very much nosebleed territory for them. They've never been considered premiership title favourites before. All we have to do is stick within 4-5 points of them for now, and pounce like lions when we next meet. We can do it. We're usually the ones being stalked by the likes of Chelksi and Man U, well now its OUR turn to be the hunters.

If have complete faith in the strength of this wonderful team, and in the manager. We WILL bounce back, and when we do, everybody knows there will be f*** all they can do to stop it. It's been proven before.

Remember, Arsenal when they're seemingly down and out are as dangerous as ever. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom