• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 6/11/04

A

Anonymous

Gazza Martinez said:
Remember, Arsenal when they're seemingly down and out are as dangerous as ever. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

we've been down since the Old Trafford game, and remind me, what have we done since?!

R9

Gazza Martinez said:
This is what it's all about, ladies and gentleman. This is when it comes down to character, determination, and mental strength. Last season was unbelievable, in that there was no November slump for us to manage. I think some people have forgotten that this ALWAYS happens at this time of the season. Last season was one-off. We are not invincible, and never were. Get it out of your heads folks. We are simply a very good team trying to win the title going through a rough patch. Today was a poor result, yes, but when the confidence is low, we should know that our flowing game simply doesn't work. It comes down to grinding out results for a while, much like the first half of last season. If we've forgotten how to grind without the likes of Romford and Keown, well, we're probably fecked. But all we need is to get a win, however s***e the performance, and build from there. That's how we regain form, and it's how we've done it in the past. And there is still plenty of time for us to build to a devastating crescendo once again.

In some ways, I think it's better if Chelsea become the favourites for now. We'll see how they deal with the pressure. This is very much nosebleed territory for them. They've never been considered premiership title favourites before. All we have to do is stick within 4-5 points of them for now, and pounce like lions when we next meet. We can do it. We're usually the ones being stalked by the likes of Chelksi and Man U, well now its OUR turn to be the hunters.

If have complete faith in the strength of this wonderful team, and in the manager. We WILL bounce back, and when we do, everybody knows there will be f*** all they can do to stop it. It's been proven before.

Remember, Arsenal when they're seemingly down and out are as dangerous as ever. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I agree Mr. Gazza Martinez :thumbup
When it come to Che$ki, just wait for Christmas/ the new year & they will drop some points as they use to do .
As Wenger said '' I don't worry about Chelsea, we just have to win matches''.

A

Anonymous

R9 said:
As Wenger said '' I don't worry about Chelsea, we just have to win matches''.

again..that's what we haven't been doing!..if we are going to win the league, we can't take these games lightly. They are must wins.

Double_H

Established Member
its seem that we always Blow This Time of Year :D

anyways ...Place Gets Credit for what they did

we were rushinh from the start we took a bad result
Thats soccer :)

we will bounce back

gooner 4 life

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Unfortunately Patrick had the worst game I had ever seen him have , lost the ball just outside our own penalty box when he was playing for a foul cost us a goal. Quite relieved at the end that we came away with a draw.

skart14

Looks like spuds is a must win game for us...if we don't get the results there it will be very hard for us, i don't think chavski will lose a lot of points..

champions04

I hope Chelsea stay top from now till the end of December actually.....apparently whoever has been top at Christmas has never went on to win the league. We can't be top for the entire season, I just dissapointed in our performance.

raymond

Spike said:
We kept passing it to people in the middle who were surrounded by like 5 Palace defenders.

There was tons of space on the flanks and we chose not to use it. We just kept passing the bloody ball into the middle. Nobody attacked the flanks, we played so crap, I can't believe it.

Yes, exactly! I was screaming at the tube the whole last hour for them to use the flanks. The few times they did there was always more of a sniff of goal than when they tried to go up the middle. Then Ljungberg played that great one-two to set up the goal and I thought, "now they've figured it out". Was I ever wrong.

The Bergkamp and van Persie substitutions were the final nail in the coffin, I think. Two wing players went out and two central strikers came in. There wasn't much chance of a breakthrough on the wing after that, and we couldn't get the ball back easily either. AW may be a great manager but that switch was bizarre.

Spike

Established Member
raymond said:
Spike said:
We kept passing it to people in the middle who were surrounded by like 5 Palace defenders.

There was tons of space on the flanks and we chose not to use it. We just kept passing the bloody ball into the middle. Nobody attacked the flanks, we played so crap, I can't believe it.

Yes, exactly! I was screaming at the tube the whole last hour for them to use the flanks. The few times they did there was always more of a sniff of goal than when they tried to go up the middle. Then Ljungberg played that great one-two to set up the goal and I thought, "now they've figured it out". Was I ever wrong.

The Bergkamp and van Persie substitutions were the final nail in the coffin, I think. Two wing players went out and two central strikers came in. There wasn't much chance of a breakthrough on the wing after that, and we couldn't get the ball back easily either. AW may be a great manager but that switch was bizarre.

Yeah, and as they were packing their defence, playing wide is the only option as it stretches their defenders to make room for space.

sabret00the

Established Member
yup it was naive of Wenger to take off a wide player for a central player, i couldn't ****ing beleive it and where has dennis's first touch gone?

KingReyes

Established Member
I felt we had enough possesion and chances to win the game, sure it wasn't our best performance but still we should have won. Vieira had a poor game his passing was horrible can't disagree with that, but to be honest most of the others are passing poorly aswell, their confidence is at a low and we need to win a game or two to regain our old form.

I actually thought Henry had a good game not sharp but he wasn't he usually sulking self (At least not a much as before). Tried to track down and pressure the palace defense looked ike he was responsing the media criticism.

This is just a slump in form nothing to be worry about, still its dissapointing but the league isn't won in November.

DaViEsW

If we fail to at least draw with Sp**s (I know, but we've not got the best record at WHL, AND we're playing like Accrington Stanley atm) then at the next home the players should come out to a round of boos. Perhps that will give them a kick-up-the-backside needed.

bobbypires

Established Member
What a birthday present the boy gave me yesterday.

Crystal Palace really surprised me! Our players fought and tried hard to get a good result, but more of the same. We were unlucky and we didn't have enough ideas. We needed 15 goal attempts to score 1 goal and Palace only 1!!!!!

Vieira was horrible again. I don't remember if I said this before, but the bench would be better than he thinks. He's too comfortable in his place and yesterday Flamini did more than him in only 15 minutes.

But there's no problem. Sp**s next week. 8)

sabret00the

Established Member
arsenal4life said:
sabret00the said:
what saddened me even more was the fact that Cygan got MoTM in my opinion by such a clear margin, it was a well deserved award i just wish the rest of the team would've taken his lead.

are you on drugs

he was by far the worst him and Pires
but Pires mistake wouldn't cost us

but Cygan cost us 2 points

just replay the tape of the game and watch carfully where were he when the cross was played

he was in the edge of the 18yard box

what the hell is the CB supposed to be in the defense case
in the edge of the box or inside the six yard box

OMG
you can't be really off couse, you must be kidding

he could cost us another two goals
the cross after the goal and with the same mistake !!!!!!!!
one when he returned the ball to Lehmann when he was only 5 feet far from him !!!!!!!!!

FACE IT SIMPLY PLEASE instaed of defendeing the player in right and in wrong

we play with ONLY ONE CB
KOLO TOURE
did you actually watch the game?

James

Established Member
sabret00the said:
arsenal4life said:
sabret00the said:
what saddened me even more was the fact that Cygan got MoTM in my opinion by such a clear margin, it was a well deserved award i just wish the rest of the team would've taken his lead.

are you on drugs

he was by far the worst him and Pires
but Pires mistake wouldn't cost us

just replay the tape of the game and watch carfully where were he when the cross was played

what the hell is the CB supposed to be in the defense case
in the edge of the box or inside the six yard box

OMG
you can't be really off couse, you must be kidding

he could cost us another two goals
the cross after the goal and with the same mistake !!!!!!!!
one when he returned the ball to Lehmann when he was only 5 feet far from him !!!!!!!!!

FACE IT SIMPLY PLEASE instaed of defendeing the player in right and in wrong

we play with ONLY ONE CB
KOLO TOURE
did you actually watch the game?

He was watching the same game as me i think

Cygan was ball watching when AJ was put through. Kolo had to cover for him then and on numerous occasions. The guy ran his socks off, he looked absolutely shattered!

arsenal4life said:
sabret00the said:

we play with ONLY ONE CB
KOLO TOURE

THis is all irrelevant because it was Kolo and Lauren who weren't covering the man who scored the goal not Cygan. - Cygan had the front post and covered so how can you blame him??

Kolo let his man through, didn't attempt to stop the ball and the same for Lauren, he didn't attempt to get the ball either.

Cole was on Johnson and also did nothing.

This clearly highlights the scapegoat mentality of fans who just fire a bomb at Cygan if something goes wrong.

This is an excellent area of testing the psychology of someone who applies a scapegoat because the person is clearly aiming their judgement at the scapegoat and wish to see the scenario where the scapegoat is at fault when this is hardly the case.

arsenal4life

Gooner Fish said:
THis is all irrelevant because it was Kolo and Lauren who weren't covering the man who scored the goal not Cygan. - Cygan had the front post and covered so how can you blame him??

i don't know if you really played football before
or at least understand what's going on

you've said it as a defendeing of Cygan while it's the real problem

"Cygan had the front post and covered"
so he MUST cut the cross ball not watch it passing in front of him
this really RIDICULOUS

about your scapegoat theory it's not the point now
so i wont replay on it

He had his man covered, his man couldn't get to the ball -

as much as having played football before - Cole shouldn't have let the ball go in. Lauren AND Toure didn't get to it and let their man through.

Why don't you look at Cole, Lauren and Toure instead because they were closer to the ball and Cygan basically had his position and his man covered - considering the front post wasn'ta danger (considering I've played football before) and Cygan's man wasn'ta liability.

Sorry but it is a scapegoat theory and you target a single defender who wasn't even occupying the danger area and wasn't markign the man who scored OR made the assist - that was KOLO, LAUREN and COLE.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom