• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

Lukazan

Established Member
The need to win this game has just increased tenfold with Chelsea losing.

Not because I think we have any chance of challenging Chelsea but the ultimate goal, as far the as Prem is concerned this season, is to stick as close to Chelsea, and therefore the top 4, as possible.

vanderguy

LuKaZaN said:
The need to win this game has just increased tenfold with Chelsea losing.

Not because I think we have any chance of challenging Chelsea but the ultimate goal, as far the as Prem is concerned this season, is to stick as close to Chelsea, and therefore the top 4, as possible.

Some fans are losers :(

Lukazan

Established Member
I was incredibly upbeat after signing Rosicky because I believed there was more to come.

But no, Arsène has other ideas in the form of super Song.

Gooner T

i dont like knocking players after only a couple of games but it is essential that wenger does not play hoyte at left back. on wenesday night there were so many times when he could have created a two on one situation in our favour if he had just got forward with more urgency. its almost as if he doesnt want the ball to come to him in the final third and it is hurting our penetration down the left. flamini would be my choice till cole situation is sorted or clichy returns.

also i feel robin HAS to start. i havent been one of the guys that has been on ade's back recently as i feel he has played well but theres no denying that on wednesday he was extremely poor.

apart from that i would keep the same team and obviously bring gilberto back in.

jens
manu, kolo, johan, mat
alex, berto, cesc, freddie
robin, thierry

nazo

Established Member
We have to win this game to get back on track. Chel$ki's loss just makes it that bit better to win. We have to keep the pressure on the likes of ManU, Chel$ki and Liverpool to bounce on any mistakes they make.

We have to always stay tight and always try to get something (whatever it is) from every game we play. A single point or all 3 (of course all 3 is our main objective for each game)

Lukazan

Established Member
vanderguy said:
Lukazan you are deluded fan who is purely angry because Arsène didn't buy your favorite player :(

Who is my favourite player?

Last time I checked he was the one running round our right wing with the lovely hair.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It was mentioned early on in the thread that Arsenal win more games than any other team when they score first. Therefore it is vital that we start at a blistering pace. However this flies in the face of the conventional footballing wisdom where you bring on some super-subs to change a game. Awkward position but I say start with theo. He's been our ONLY attacking threat this season so far. Take him off at half tim if you want to give Rosicky a chance to control and dominate the game but we need that frikking early goal dammit.

bobbyshmily

we can not lose so many chances in the match with Man city as with Villa.I wish RVP will get two and Rosicky get one ,Arsenal will win by 3:0!

tgr

-----------------lehmann

eboue---toure-----gallas-----flamini

hleb----cesc------gilberto----rosicky

---------v.persie------henry

almunia,djourou,ljungberg,walcott,adebayor

2-1 to arsenal

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lehman
Eboue Toure Djourou Hoyte
Hleb Cesc Gilberto Rosicky
Walcott/VP Henry

Subs: Alumina, Flamini, Adebayor, Walcott, Reyes

Ljungberg played the 90 minutes vs. Zagreb so he maybe rested.

I like Hoyte at left back. I think he'll soon gel into the leftback role. He's very skilled and has shown great technique and pace. Also very good on 1 on 1 defending.

It does not help though having an inexperienced centerback in Djouou next to him. Djourou is better on the right side of central defense (Toure's posistion).

We just gotta buy a starting quality defender asap. If Gallas is a no go, then signing Curtis Davis is a must.

Reyes no.11

ok boys, chelsea dropped points. this is our chance to be 1 point ahead of them. it will be massive psychological boost for the boys. its been a while since we've been above chelsea on the ladder.

-------------------Lehmann

Eboue--------Toure--------Djourou------Flamini

Hleb--------Fabregas------Gilberto-----Ljungberg

------------VanPersie------Henry

Subs: Poom, Cygan, Rosicky, Walcott, Adebayor

- hoyte is rubbish, he should go back to sunderland. I think this is hlebs last chance in the 1st team. if he plays like crap again, i think walcott should start. i don't blame hleb though, he's a CM, not a RM.

- Nice to see ljungberg get a early goal in teh season, hopefull he can string a few. the problem with him is that if he doesn't score in a game, hes useless. reminds me of beckham

- Poom instead of Almunia because hes possibly the most * keeper ive ever seen. i can't believe he didn't save that goal when we were playing Zagreb.

Dougan17

LuKaZaN said:
vanderguy said:
Lukazan you are deluded fan who is purely angry because Arsène didn't buy your favorite player :(

Who is my favourite player?

Last time I checked he was the one running round our right wing with the lovely hair.

you're just sauced because Sol is running around the south coast and you can't afford the train ;)

Luka is just a bit disillusioned after last season. I've seen Mancs predict more favorable results for Arsenal :p Although I think he won our prediction league last season so what does that tell you :(

Chelsea dropped points but they're going to drop a lot more points than usual this season. Their cohesiveness in the midfield and defense is shot, and with Gallas probably gone even if they add Cole they'll be defensively frail. None of their other CBs are anywhere near Gallas' level and a backline of Carvalho, Terry, Ferreira, and Huth isn't going to win them squat and they've not lost much in the way of first teamers but they've lost key squad players that really cut their depth around the field by 4 or 5 players, with Geremi really their only utility player. The question is whether or not United and Arsenal can be title-worthy again. They've not been there for a few years due to lack of personnel and injury.

United, imo, need at least a midfielder to play the AMF role. Scholes and Giggs aren't good for 30-40 starts again and if SAF pushes them through the winter fixture congestion United will drop off in January and February. Liverpool seem to have some sort of mental block where they've forgotten how to win the title because it's been so long while we're still in need of an experienced CB (not Davies, he's had one good season, Senderos and Djourou are both better than him) or a LB if Cole does go but either way we need a complete squad and we don't have it just yet but Chelsea are going to be beatable this season, it's just down to the other top 3 to beat them and outpace them to the title. Whether or not we can do that is up to the players and luck.

Esaiah

The Line-ups for Saturday Game

Lehmann

Toure Djorou
Eboue Ashley Cole

Cesc
Hleb
Ljungberg
Rosicky RvP

Henry

still using 4-5-1 like last season but i would work gratefully i reackon...

because if Rosicky doing breakthrough pass to Henry and gets intercepts by the defenders or deflects Robin could take a shot from distant which is he capable of.

This is game is extremely important to grab points on the start of the season because we werent win last week.

Hopefully Hleb and Cesc will play damn good like last week against Villa.

jaguars4ever

tgr said:
-----------------lehmann

eboue---toure-----gallas-----flamini

hleb----cesc------gilberto----rosicky

---------v.persie------henry

almunia,djourou,ljungberg,walcott,adebayor

2-1 to arsenal

A little optimistic, huh? :D

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom