• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

A

Anonymous

henry will return next match and we will see adebayor and king henry gun every team in the premiership down...

Arsenal_Soldier

I'd like to mention our two wingers, Rosicky and Hleb, who I thought were outstanding today. They get alot of criticism on here for their 'over-elaboration', but yesterday proved how effective they can be when they have runners into space.

and ohh yeah...****IN' AVE IT!!!

Soler

Established Member
Incredible result. I never expected us to win there.

We hardly ever win at Old Trafford, after all. :)

DBmagik10

Gunner~Fever said:
henry will return next match and we will see adebayor and king henry gun every team in the premiership down...
yeah :D :idea:
and if bendtner can come back in jan and stay a gunner and become an out an out strkr ala ruud van m' f***ing roy we start banging it in from all corners of the park and all teams start ****ting. wow!!

look at our long term team options:
clichy and traore as back up for left back.
lauren as right back option
walcott and rvp as wide men options[rvp shd play wide like he does for holland]
diaby and denilson
BEAST
bendtner and lupoli? to push ade and henry even more
WOWWWWWWWWW

DBmagik10

lets start winning all our games now and blues and redds all around us start hallucinating and losing their mind and start shopping crazy in jan window and f***ing go bankrupt and drown russian mafia in his own oil and fergie starts p***ing in his own scotch and ends up like one of them mad sailors lost at sea who knows he's gonna drown any time soon with no land in sight. how does it sound?

P.S. as for spuds those mother f***ing sister wh***ing lice ridden ugly looking sons of you know who i feel like laughing looking at their game. trust me its not a waste of time. f***ing hilarious

kopzilla

Always Negative
wow what a match..i couldnt join you guys yesterday ..i had formatted my PC

i was worried about ade right throughout the match but i think that goal would really kickstart his belief in himself..

we have to admit we were lucky 2-3 times but we needed that luck.

we won the game without henry which is another important point

lehmann also had a great game and managed to salvage a victory for us ..what a save in the end..

it wouldnt have been fair had gilberto scored that penalty because it was clear that ade dived and we dont want to get a reputation for diving in every game ..

eboue was great as well linking up well with hleb and cesc ..the only mistake he made was when ronaldo had that shot on goal from the corner

invisibleman18

Established Member
First time I've got online since the game.

We definitely deserved it. I was suprised at how well we played.
Looked like it was gonna pan out exactly as many of us expected, as we played well for the first 20 mins, had a penalty, hit the post and forced another great save from the keeper. Looked like you couldn't write the script better. We'd have a million chances and a mediocre 2nd choice keeper playing his first game would have the game of his life.
But inevitably they got more into the game and Ronaldo forced a couple of good stops from Lehmann, not too sure how much he knew about the one that almost took his head off, but he did well to make himself big and get into the right position. Average effort at cutting out the cross from Eboue though, would have been pretty much the same goal Rooney scored against us last season, and someone posted about those issues with crosses before the match (can't remember who, Gurgen was it perhaps?). I was pretty happy being level at half time. As it wore on, we looked the more likely winner, and although I probably would have settled for 0-0 before the game, given how little I expected us to get out of this one, I found myself feeling disappointed and even a bit pis*** off as we went into the last 10 minutes looking like that's how it would end, while my Manc brother was the certainly happier one. Then came the goal, and I probably woke a few neighbours :D

What about that save from Lehmann though? :shock: I thought it was in. It was in all the way, and my head was half sunk into my hands. Unbelieveable save. He's made some fantastic saves in the past year but this one has got to be right up there alongside that amazing save against Real at Highbury. Even better maybe? And the look on Solskjaer's face was priceless. Absolutely dumbstruck, and he turned and said something in disbelief to John O'****.

Still can't believe we won. Been waiting 4 years for this, just hope it's kick started our season and we don't just go and drop the 3 points next week to make it all for nothing.

zievad

Ahem, lucky, there was only one lucky team on that pitch and they weren't wearing yellow mate. Clear penalty, it couldn't be any clearer. He went down but there was definately contact. We should have been at least 2 maybe 3 up by half time.

Anyhow, had me acting like a loony last night, running up and down the living room, God, I really acted like a nutter.

I'm so chuffed as I think this is exactly what we needed and this will defo get us in the right shape of mind. We played so bloody well though. To out-play Man U at OT and get the result, seriously bloody good. Well done you Gunners!!!

Nutsy

Established Member
This is gonna be a great start you guys! Arsenal Can go all the way! lets beat up the lying f***ing disgrace formally known as Chelsea & give em a real slap in the faces! so, GOOOO GUNNERS!! :clap

btw, next game against Sheffield, how's it gonna be eh?

DBmagik10

guys can anyone provide a link to the lehmann save of raul at madrid. all i can remember is the henry run into the box and GOALLLLLLL! rest is all a blur. would love to see mad jens saves especially that one

ZanYGooneR

DBmagik10 said:
i absolutely believe that rvp is important for us. just that he shd do more of what freddie did today. then we can accomodate him while playing a 4-5-1 and that'll bring more versatility into his game and freddie can be rested when he has to.
and please nobody f***ing write off TH14 he's a God, alright.

I'm sorry mate but I have to disagree, I don't know what it is about RVP that everyone seems to love but I just don't see it :roll: . I mean ADE's been getting stick all season and yet his done much more than Van Persie and been at Arsenal for only 9 months and i'm not just talking about his goal today. RVP's been with us much longer and his just the same as he was when he first arrived. Lets face it He'll never ever be Dennis Bergkamp and there's no way he'll fill his boots. It's an insult to a legend like Dennis to try and even compare the 2.

MrHanson

Big Poppa said:
I feel we're a much more capable side when we play with the 3 in the middle, especially in the big games. It means that there are more passing options for us in the centre and we're able to overrun the opposition midfield rather than being overrun ourselves.

Also sets us up perfectly for the counter-attack when we can break from deep. Just think how strong we'll be when we can play a proper left back and Gallas returns to the centre.

I thought Baptista did well when he came on, and a word for Djourou - I think Saha's still trying to find a way out of his back pocket :D

Can't believe he and Cesc are only 19.

Couldn't agree anymore, cesc is tailor made for 3 CM NOT 2. 3 CM provides him with license to roam further forward with the added defensive protection behind him. This 4-5-1 formation works a treat for us against quality opposition as it enables us win the midfield battles dur to the extra CM. I know people will say its denfensive but not imo, with 4 out of the 5 players operating in midfiled being attacking minded players they offer plenty of support to the loan striker.

the 4-5-1 helped to destroy juve, madrid and man u, employing 4-4-2 leaves us too vunerable in middle of the park against top class teams.

Ratinho

Established Member
Wednesdayware said:
I don;t know if I fully agree. I thought Ade has a piss-poor outing, salvaged by a bit of brilliance on the goal. He was very unreliable, and second best for most of the match. If I see that big s#@t-eating grin of apology for missing yet another easy shot...

The boys played well today, a few too many missed passes and giveaways in the midfield, bu8t they hung in and ground out a win.

Jesus, buy a clue you f**kwit.

Ratinho

Established Member
And what _scorpian_ said up at the top.

A good solid percentage of people on here aren't fans, they are just bored and want to argue and whine about something. They might aswell be on any forum in the world, it wouldn't make any difference.

Anyway---------------------------------------Line drawn under that

Y'know, when OGS hit that shot, I immediately thought, 'Well, 1-1 is still a top result away at United.' :lol:

Nyingmeh

Did you know ... Gallas is world class, I mean if he's like this as LB, how would he and Kolo be when he moves to CB.

And besides he's taken up the position with no complaints.

He's Gallas the GLADIATOR

Ratinho

Established Member
Great thing about Gallas, is that Chelsea have managed to not only let him come here, but motivated him to an extent where he's become this aggressive, fearsome powerhouse.

Thanks Chelsea' PR department. :)

kel varnsen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
There is no satisfying some people.

We played well and beat United on thier own patch.

We actually dominated the match apart from the first 10 minutes or so.

And people want to brush this off like it was nothing?

...and some treat it as if it's the biggest thing to have happened to this club in recent history. it was a solid performance and we needed three points, but it's hardly a massive upset or something. looking at the individual players, i think our starting eleven was actually superior to that of man u's.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom