• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Mourinho never loses to us.
Tactially, we've always set up wrong against teams he has managed.

But a different manager that is not afraid to change things up so I go into this match with confidence. This will be a big test - ManU always fooking show up to play vs us.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Hate Mourinho and hate United so I don't care how we win as long as we take the 3 points. Insallah the boys do us proud again!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is our toughest test so far and we are down on midfield options as well . Not to mention we don't like big physical attackers . Will be a dogfight , happy with to get 3 which ever way will be satisfied with a point .

Aevi

Hale End FC
This is our toughest test so far and we are down on midfield options as well . Not to mention we don't like big physical attackers . Will be a dogfight , happy with to get 3 which ever way will be satisfied with a point .
I don't recall us having trouble dealing with Deeney or Mitrovic, is that really an issue of ours? Lukaku might not play anyway after picking up a very comical injury against Southampton.

I think I'd actually quite like to face him going by how he's been playing lately.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't recall us having trouble dealing with Deeney or Mitrovic, is that really an issue of ours? Lukaku might not play anyway after picking up a very comical injury against Southampton.

I think I'd actually quite like to face him going by how he's been playing lately.

Not referring to Deeney , although you seriously don't remember finding him hard to deal with ? :lol:

Talking about Lukaku , Fellaini , Pogba and Martial we even find it hard against Ashley Young. They are a tricky side for us so many kinds of physical threats .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not referring to Deeney , although you seriously don't remember finding him hard to deal with ? :lol:

Talking about Lukaku , Fellaini , Pogba and Martial we even find it hard against Ashley Young. They are a tricky side for us so many kinds of physical threats .
I thought you were referring to this season in particular.

If it's any consolation to you, Ashley Young can't play this game so that's something.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought you were referring to this season in particular.

If it's any consolation to you, Ashley Young can't play this game so that's something.

What are your thoughts on the match mate ?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
7 points out of Bournemouth(A), Sp**s(H), United(A) would have been a brilliant return had we not dropped those 2 stupid points against Wolves. This is probably our best chance to go to old trafford and get a win. 12 years since a win there is a shocking stat. Have to put it right.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Really need some additions in January though. A centreback and a forward atleast.
I'd wait till the summer to go big on a CB, we're fine for now especially with Koscielny and Mavropanos coming back soon to give us more options. I wouldn't be surprised if the club is content with our attacking options for now as well, unless Ramsey goes early.

I think at most we might get a LB as cover for Monreal, since Kolasinac is yet to be convincing in a back 4. We almost signed Mendyl at the end of the summer window so we're definitely on the lookout for one.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leno, Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Torreira, Ramsey, Özil, Iwobi, Auba
This would be my lineup if Mustafi and Özil are fit.

HBL

Established Member
We can put ourselves in a great position for the top four race if we win this. After we have four very winnable games in the league; Huddersfield (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h) & Brighton (a). Whilst Sp**s have to play Leicester and Everton away and Bournemouth at home and Chelsea play City and Leicester at home. I think we have the best run of fixtures from games 16-19.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We smash them 1-5 and completely play them off the park. Mourinho loses it at half time and gets into a fight with Pogba and Lukaku. Stadium is half empty by the 70th minute and the ones that stayed are singing sacked in the morning. After the game he blames his players openly in the post-match interview and vows he will only use the U23 youthplayers from now on. United fire him the next morning. Videos of Mourinho waiting for his bags outside the hotel hit twitter.

Please God, Allah, Jahweh or however you want to be called, we suffered enough. Let us have this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still p*ssed about last season’s game at the Emirates. We outplayed them by a country mile, yet they won thanks to a couple of stupid errors by our defence. Mustafi hung on to the ball for far too long and allow Lingard to take the ball off him just outside our box.

We’ve still got those mistakes in us. Even yesterday Bellerin passed the ball straight to Son on the edge of the box, unlike Lingard he fluffed his lines. And the Sokratis foul was needless, leading to the Dier goal. Holding’s slide on Son in the box was rash.

There’s no doubts about our midfield or forwards, they are firing on all cylinders, and Emery is performing his job beyond anybody’s wildest dreams.

But hand on heart, still can’t be certain we’ll win or draw away at Mourinho’s lair.

Last edited:

sammy89

Come on guys, chin up. They are genuinely a mid table team this season, and their position frankly flatters them a bit. Without Wenger's silly gung ho attacking, we'll not get picked off easy. Their only chance is through jammy set pieces IMO, long as we don't give them too many close free kicks and corners, we should win. Xhaka being out is a bit of a blessing in that regard. If de Gea goes super Saiyan then maybe we draw.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We smash them 1-5 and completely play them off the park. Mourinho loses it at half time and gets into a fight with Pogba and Lukaku. Stadium is half empty by the 70th minute and the ones that stayed are singing sacked in the morning. After the game he blames his players openly in the post-match interview and vows he will only use the U23 youthplayers from now on. United fire him the next morning. Videos of Mourinho waiting for his bags outside the hotel hit twitter.

Please God, Allah, Jahweh or however you want to be called, we suffered enough. Let us have this.
This might actually happen, since the last time you predicted this fixture it was scarily accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom