PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Sep 24, 2019.

?

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. We somehow win, triggering the end of days

34.5%
  2. We bottle a winning position to draw

37.1%
  3. Lingard ends his streak without a goal. Rosso and Juan Mata’s beard are banned.

28.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

You’re right... but if that’s our expectation then I feel bad for whoever inherits after Emery too.

2. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

This was poverty through and through... Had to record the game as it came on during working hours. Didn't check results and sat down after work hopping for a good game and a win. Clearly got neither. That we cannot beat that ManU team is just sad. They really are pretty ****ty even at home. What disturbs me most is that I feel that we aren't making any positive progress so far this season. It is the same stodgy servings game after game. We can have 10-15 minutes of higher tempo and some fluid play only top sack back and just stink the place up.

At least Chambers looked good starting at left back. Active and good in defence. But guys like Pepe and Cabellos really were poor as was Xhaka. He even managed to pick up his obligatory yellow. I cannot remember the last game he didn't get a card of some colour.

I must admit that some of my positivity is draining away. Emery really isn't pulling up any trees with his team selection and tactics. It all feels awfully stale and predictable. Really don't feel like he is improving the team much.

lamby22 and albakos like this.
  3. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

4. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Honestly people, imagine the screaming and the riots around the club had Wenger's teams been putting in the performances and playing like this set of players?

There would be no ending to the Wenger out chants and vitriol. Yet I don't understand why he's given such leeway when the performances and style of play have been so poor. I get more upset when i think about how we have regressed.

Emery needs to figure this out. If he can that would be good. The basic ingredients are there but he's messing it up, we should have another 5 points in my opinion (draw at anfield, win at OT and a win at watford).

5. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Probably 15 teams have better record than that.

6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

It was so bad pundit Jim Beglin actually said "are we watching mediocrity "? This is a bloke that's usually so diplomatic and PC about us .

7. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Under Emery we have managed to get our longest unbeaten streak at Old Trafford in nearly two decades, let that one sink in.

Dregen57 likes this.
  8. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

It is now October and the team hasn't played well in a PL game yet and is being carried by one striker. Alarm bells should be ringing. It doesn't look like the team is heading in the right direction, they're not heading in any direction at all, just going round in circles.

salvat, lamby22, Mrs Bergkamp and 5 others like this.
  9. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

That's because Wenger was the greatest manager of all time & people had expectations as such
    People know Emery is a bum so the expectations are far less

albakos likes this.
  10. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Was never gonna watch this anyway.

I'll take a point. We move on.

Iceman10 likes this.
  11. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is United fans and pundits are complaining that they were playing with slow tempo, yet when James,Perriera,McTominay,Lingard ran into us our midfield went blank and clueless.

samshere likes this.
  12. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

We made United look much better than they really are. Need Pepe to step up, only individual performances will save us this season.

13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I also noticed that. And he wasn't being controversial either, he was being spot on about it! We're absolutely boring, as are united..

14. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

[​IMG]

Torreira’s average position in the game.

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Honestly this manager we have is a blithering idiot. You can actually tell by his facial expressions that he only has about 4 brain cells.

[​IMG]

16. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Oh for now and Emery but Wenger when and you rubbish sack before terrible win league instead not club.

17. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Emery should be fired for the ****ing stupid decision to play Torreira as our most advanced CM done with that ****. he is a holding midfielder at best with all respect.

MikeVinna likes this.
  18. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A point at Old Trafford is fine, even against a **** United side. I can take us not turning up there but that wasn't the problem, the problem was the plan from Emery. A plan that has failed over and over and he is not learning from. For someone who is apparently a football obsessive that just analyses videos all day he can only be incapable of understanding football.

19. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

uhhh.....what?

Jasard likes this.
  20. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Mix and match typical AM post, choose your own arrangement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.