• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 11/04/04

Jigger37

Sammer said:
Agree - plus: Chelsea will concentrate on the CL now - another advantage for us.
disagree, chelsea can field two decent teams full of top class players. A lot of people seem pleased,i'm pretty frustrated actually.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Fair result I think, we had the better chances but there wasn't really much in it. The unorthodox Arsenal midfield just didn't really click today, and Reyes/Henry aren't on the same wavelength yet at all.

Good result for the team's title ambitions though.

JazzG

Established Member
kanuuu said:
Henry should've dragged it back to Reyes, not sure if he saw him though.

He only had one thing on his mind, think he over-hit it slightly so he made it difficult, so he didn't get a chance to look to see if Reyes was there because he had to try and keep the ball in play!

Jigger37 said:
Sammer said:
Agree - plus: Chelsea will concentrate on the CL now - another advantage for us.
disagree, chelsea can field two decent teams full of top class players. A lot of people seem pleased,i'm pretty frustrated actually.

No they can't. They always keep the same core of players and usually change it around upfront and on the wings.

kazu

kanuuu said:
Henry should've dragged it back to Reyes, not sure if he saw him though.

yeah... imagine if that was reyes and henry was the one waiting... :shock:

Alexone234

I am happy enough with four points from these two games. Chelsea still have Newcastle, Liverpool and United to play. It was a decent performance and I thought Wiltord looked good and happy to be back. Well played him, plus the relationship between Reyes and Henry seemed that little bit closer to being a good partnership today.

I mean this is Newcastle and St James park.

Well played team, a point gained not two lost

JazzG

Established Member
Chelsea gotta play Newcastle and Man utd away from home actually :p Think they will beat Newcastle, coz tbh if we had our first team fully rested out there I think we would of beat em. Don't think Chelsea will beat man utd away from home though.

patrick42uk

Established Member
good result for both teams. chelsea have a harder fixture list as well as being seven points behind. we are very much on course. gilberto looked fresh, calm and very efficient. i have to say he impressed me today. his passing was also crisp and he even chipped in with a couple of 'samba' moments. lehmann too had a good game, but he cant shake that nasty habit of complaining about just about anything and everything.

A.Hussain

Arsenal316 said:
Well, score ends 0-0. First time in a while Arsenal have been held scoreless in the EPL, but we're still undefeated.

7 point lead with 6 to go? I think we can handle it. Considering who we play, and who Chelsea still have to play, I think we're still in good shape to win.

the last tyme was against the loser manq ****, wasnt it??

Mark

Established Member
Not a bad result but considering the chances we wasted I feel we could've and should've won. Oh well. We have a rest now before we beat Leeds. :twisted:

Alexone234

I takes our record to a 32 game unbeaten start to the season. It seems crazy to be talking about starts with six games to go. I have a Leicester ticket where I hope we do a tour with the trophy :)

We can win the trophy in Four games which is at home to Brum I think.

Jinn

Established Member
Yep. We should have won, we created enough chances to win, our defence was good enough... but we just didn't take our chances.

Fatigue? Could be.

Henry would have rounded the keeper if he wasn't playing the 31st match of the league season.

slapz

Wiltord looked a bit sharp with his runs today. We lacked something on the left and I would have loved to see Reyes move there and Wiltord push up to to inject some pace

What a crappy pitch though

Alexone234

Henry could have taken the shot earlier rather than rounding Given.

But still, I was a hard worked point and now we get a couple of days rest.

kanuuu

Established Member
What's the record of total points in the premiership? I think man u got 91 once, it would be great to beat their record.

wiltord11

yeh i thought wiltord looked good for his return unlucky with his chance but henry should of converted his chance.

edu wasnt really effective but it was a solid away performance. thought gilberto was great should of got man of the match instead of woodgate.

0-0 good result but should of won and what a great save from lehmann had a good all round game in my view

JGooner

Decent performance, decent result. Nobody was either brilliant or terrible, but Vieira was the best performer. Lehmann was also faultless, apart from the usual fits of rage. The Henry/Reyes partnership isn't gelling, which is the only worry, but it's still at an embryonic stage.

From now on, our run-in is straightforward - or should be, anyway. Birmingham, I think, are the only top half team left in our fixture list. I hope we smack Spuds at ****e Hart Lane.

Alexone234

I watched the game.

I have an idea though. Why don't we get someone to go to the game in the press box and do a live commentary. I think we could organise it through the press office, and we could run it as a weekly competition to see who gets to go to the game.

I am sure we could sort some passes out from the Arsenal press office, and as an unofficial site promoting the club, they may provide assistance.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom