<

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

What is you predicted result?

1. Arsenal win

81.9%
  2. Draw

10.4%
  3. Newcastle win

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakarta

Jakarta Active Member

---------Ceballos/Willock----------Xhaka/Guen-----
    -----Pepe---------------------Özil------------Mkhi/Nelson
    ---------------------------------Auba-----------------------------

Looks a lot more dangerous and attacking.

Divided_Pie and yorch44 like this.
  2. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Auba was out in the wing quite a bit.

Wonder if that's what he's been working on as lacazette will be playing centrally

3. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

I think he's impact play will be what Matteo will try to develop most as a footballer, is very composed on the ball and plays the simple game at the moment with a trustworthy style of play. Maybe with more games he will start to feel more important, this is probably when we start to see more pedigree with he's play.

4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

5. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I remember that day as if it was yesterday, Vermaelen looked like prime VVD on his first PL game.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Damn that 6-0 with lord Bendtner on wings :lol:

7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Cesc Fabregas was prime that day.

Denilson with a wonder strike.

James Bond likes this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Wenger really was a miracle man wasnt he?

9. yousif_arsenal

He really deserved a title with that young group of players we were destroying teams specially at home in 09-10 and 10-11 season

10. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Underrated performance. When AMN is on his game and 100% concentrated, he is really good.

This is another positive comparing to the last season.

11. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Bendtner had the technical skills and the physical attributes to becoming a great striker, a pacey giroud who could dribble

But unfortunatly Wenger ran a wily nily ship Bendtner needed discipline

12. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Who turned into a Snake oil salesman...

Trilly and black187 like this.
  13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I disagree.

14. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

It’s extremely annoying. We end up with a 4-2-4 shape because the CAM, wide forwards and striker are all squeezed up trying to press high. We are constantly light in midfield.

A team with defenders capable of bringing the ball out and finding forwards/wingers with quality rangey passes can get away with it, but we aren’t that. Well Luiz will help but still, we rely on midfielders and full backs to create from deep.

Xhaka and Guendouzi aren’t sufficiently creative to play quick incisive passes from deep so we end up with loads of pointless U shaped possession in front of the opposition, and often struggle to build any kind of rhythm in our attacking transitions.

The goal today came from a Newcastle mistake. They couldn’t recover their shape after Ainsley’s interception and run and we used our pace on the counter. Simple.

Honestly nobody will care because we won and kept a clean sheet, which is great, but it bothers me that one small, obvious tweak could see this team explode and we aren’t even trying it.

15. Big Poppa

Big difference between starting on the wing and drifting there during a game to drag defenders out. Henry used to do the same, in fact many CFs do.

Starting wide means you have to constantly chase opposition wingers back when they attack and play further away from goal. Using one of the best centre forwards in the league that way is bizarre to me.

krengon likes this.
  16. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

We got Pepe, meanwhile Malcom is tearing it up in Russia.

Trilly likes this.
  17. Big Poppa

Not sure if this was a response to my post.

Ramsey being a key player for us last season has nothing to do with it. Ramsey was already settled into the league and culture, whereas Ceballos will need time to do that, meaning he’s likely to face a steady integration period and not be a starter from the go.

All of that means limited time to build momentum. He doesn’t address any niche gaps (Ramsey’s strength was his engine and off the ball running, Ceballos likes to get on the ball more and create).

He will also be going back to Madrid, so there’s no compelling case to insist he starts that I see. That’s why I said it will be tough for him.

18. avalonhse

avalonhse Well-Known Member

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree, so what else you can expect?

Wenger plays the Barcelona style and Emery plays Seville style. No matter how you criticise, he wont change his safe play.

Divided_Pie and yorch44 like this.
  19. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

That confirms what I was talking about Emery’s system and the lack of distribution through mid. I don’t like the FB being the key in the exit.

20. yousif_arsenal

I think because all our midfielders aren't that good in dribbling we don't have one since Santi Cazorla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.