• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

raphael_as

I'd be tempted to rest Cesc for this one - I didn't see the game but people said he was looking tired towards the end of the game yesterday and we should have enough to beat Pompey without him.

A lot of potential returns from injury make the team uncertain, if they're ready I'd play all the returnees I could to give them some match time and see what sort of form they're in for Juve: so assuming Reyes, Lundberg, Sol and RvP are available I'd go for the following:

-----------Mad Jens

Eboue--Toure--Sol--Flamini

Freddie--Gilberto--Hleb--Reyes

--------RvP-------Henry

(I'd love to see what Hleb can do from the centre of mid-field now that he seems to be running into form).

Straight-up replacements of Phil, Pires and Adebayor for Sol,Reyes/Lundberg and RvP respectively if not fit. If both Reyes and Freddie are unavailable then some more juggling needs to happen, with perhaps Song or Diaby (if available), or throw in one of the youngsters (smith, walcott) and see what they can do.

As for Pompey - I expect a tough match, Redknapp will have them playing hard against us and closing us down fast, which will be a good test to see how far this team have come in dealing with the sort of thing we've been having problems with all season.

But their results have come against a pretty much 2nd-string West Ham and a Man City side who are almost as inconsistent as we are this season (beating Utd and Newcastle and losing to Portsmouth). Before that I think their last win in the Premiership was in 2005.

It's either going to be one of those really frustrating games where we create a dozen chances but win or lose by 1-0, or its going to be another 4-0 pasting.

air

This will be my first Arsenal game EVER! I mean the first time I'll be in the stands! Woo hoo!!

And guess which stand? The Portmouth one, of course! I'm being told not to cheer for Arsenal but we'll see about that!!

I'll be flying over from here (Finland) on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
air said:
This will be my first Arsenal game EVER! I mean the first time I'll be in the stands! Woo hoo!!

And guess which stand? The Portmouth one, of course! I'm being told not to cheer for Arsenal but we'll see about that!!

I hope your trip is rounded of by a good Arsenal win :wink:

nidza7

Established Member
air said:

have a nice trip,mate :lol:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
air said:

damn you're lucky because you'll manage to be at highbury before it's closed down forever...

my chance will only come when we play at the grove but meh as long as arsenal play, i'm always on our boys back.

have a good trip mate... take some pictures and post them here too

i hope we'll win on that day :D

Druid

Hmm... I'm still not convinced about our finishing quality, so I'll go for a 2-0 win. =) Lehmann to get a brace!

Reyes(9)

Well guys i don't think that neither Reyes nor Freddie will be fit ..coz Arsène said that it will take them 10 days ..I think that if he played them against Pompey he'll risk them ..We have an important game against Juve,i can't deny that Pompey's game is important too,But c'om we can handle them with our fit players :D ..

Tony Montana

Established Member
bojed said:
air said:

damn you're lucky because you'll manage to be at highbury before it's closed down forever...

my chance will only come when we play at the grove but meh as long as arsenal play, i'm always on our boys back.

It's at Fratton Park mate. :lol:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Tony Montana said:
bojed said:
air said:

It's at Fratton Park mate. :lol:

haha damn i forgot about it :lol:

we won 4-0 against them at highbury didnt we?

sorry folks! my bad :eek:ops:

Ricky_AFC

Lehmann
Eboue Toure Sol Flamini
Hleb Gilberto Fabregas* Reyes
Henry VanP

I'd like to see Sol, Reyes, and RvP given the chance to show they are ready for Juve. Yes its harsh on those who have done so well in their absence but if possible i would like to see our strongest line up ready for Juve.

* hopefully can be replaced later in the game to save some energy. He's played a hell of a lot.

phonics

Why should Sol who hasn't played well all season be given a place over Senderos for the CL. He wasn't replaced in the Cup Final last year.

James

Established Member
Bringing in Sol now is the worst thing Wenger could do in my opinion.

Same lineup please Arsène.

KingReyes

Established Member
James said:
Bringing in Sol now is the worst thing Wenger could do in my opinion.

Same lineup please Arsène.

I think you're right James, at first you would say Sol over Phil but the way the team is playing and the improvement of Phil makes me say keep it as it is.

It totally depends on Arsène though, if he thinks Sol is physically fit and wants to go for experience against Juventus then I can see him starting Sol against Pompey just to get him ready for the Juve game.

rich300

A third consecutive Premiership 1-0 win at Fratton park for me.

Another Adebayor goal (if he starts)

wer

Any line-up doesnt matter as long as we play nice footie and win.
I hope Bobby Pires score again.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom