• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 12/04/06

fatalfury

Portsmouth are fighting for their lifes and they look in lethal form. We definitely have the ability to beat them but we need to worry about complacency.

We have a tendency to choke away from home this season against physical teams. Still I think Portsmouth struck lucky this weekend as Westham rested many of their first team players in anticpation of the FA Cup and they still managed to score 2 against them.

I'm crossing my fingers here!

vanderguy

This will be a tough game,but i think we will beat them by 2 goals,thierry henry,van-persie :) .this game is really important.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Will be a tought match, hate these cold evening fixtures, however if they are confident they will go for the win meaning there should be space for us to exploit. I think the boys will be focused and will be desperate to keep the run going .

phenn

2-1 with us giving away a goal after scoring two... I'll take Hleb to score again too, just because.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
2-0 to us...

i don't care who'll be on the scoresheet as long as it's at least a 2-0 victory for us...

Gooner for 60 years

The only thing that is a bit of a worry about this game is all the spud rejects playing!
Still should be OK if we don't put our foot on the brake as we did yesterday. 2 or 3 goal win well within our capabilities playing as we are.

mood

Portsmouth seem to have found form - well, so have we.

Anyway, their fighting really hard to avoid relegation. Since Redknapp's back at the side they've looked alot better.

I'd like to see van Persie back in the line-up and terrorising defences once again.

Will Reyes be back? I hope so.

2-0 to the Arsenal. Henry to score both.

Reyes(9)

ill go for a 4-1 ..((2 thierry,1 Ade and Fabregas)) there goalscorer is Mendez with a screamer ..If Campbell plays it will be 5 :lol:

JML

Reyes(9) said:
ill go for a 4-1 ..((2 thierry,1 Ade and Fabregas)) there goalscorer is Mendez with a screamer ..If Campbell plays it will be 5 :lol:
HAHAHHAHAlolololohahahahahroflmaoroflmaorofl

No.

the dawn raids

Established Member
this is a huge game now, to test how far weve come (besides not being able to drop any more points). and the only way to do that is to be away from highbury. id like van persie to get the start but realistically i just dont think hes ready.

Viper

Established Member
I think we'll win. Probably 2-0 or 2-1.

Portsmouth are in good form, but they faced a below-par West Ham side. We are in a good run of form too..

Having Van Persie back is a plus since he is a far better finisher than Ade.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
dino_henry said:
I think RVP should start this game so he can be ready for Juve, perhaps Campbell too.
I would like to see RVP start but I hope they keep big phil and not give Sol the nod over him, big Phil has done a great job so let him keep his place.

eddie_wills

Same team again I reckon, although personally I'd play Freddie left wing if he's fit. Pompey have got a better side than some of the teams that have beaten us this year, and their side is beginning to gel.

That said, just who is going to score their goals? Mendes has never been prolific, this purple patch won't last.

2-0 Arsenal. Henry and Eboue.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Reyes van Fabregas said:
Mad Jens
Eboue---Campbell---Toure---Flamini
Ljunberg---Gilberto---Fabregas---Hleb
Henry---RVP

Perfect.
I would like to see big Phil instead of Sol and switch Hleb to the right and Freddy to the left, Hleb and Eboue have been linking up well, 2-0 to Arsenal Henry and RVP one each. :D

1970*Gooner

Established Member

bojed said:
the boys are currently full of sweet juices...

they can play against pompey
Its nice that the thread is that we can now start putting a string of results together, there has been a lot of negativity in the last few months and its nice to see the wind of change favouring a comeback so to speak. :D

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom