• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Away Premiership game after such a brilliant run in our games recently and it'sagainst Scums..

The North London Derby is in town folks. After the international break. So it's

After a poor league run for them Scums, they might step up against us. Teams often do, but no way, the way the young lads has been showing these never to die attitude and pushing forward, survive a physical game against Blackburn and Man Citeh, I can't see why we can't win this. It's the North London Derby, statistically we look superior than them. And even on paper in terms of man to man squad. But don't want to be over confident now. Let's show em how it's done and bag those 3 points and on their ground.

Statistics

A Few facts on our Neighbouring Rivals

* In 1919 Arsenal, who had finished only fifth in Division Two the previous season, were elected to the First Division in place of Tottenham.

* Arsenal's biggest home win over Tottenham was a 5-1 rout on October 20, 1934. Arsenal went on to clinch their third title in a row that season, while Tottenham finished bottom and were relegated.

* Arsenal have clinched the league title twice at White Hart Lane. In 1971 and in the 'Invincibles' season of 2003/04, when goals from Patrick Vieira and Robert Pires gave the Gunners the point they needed to be crowned champions.

Courtesy of Arsenal.com Premiership Profile

Current English Premiership Standings

Sitting 2nd in the league withLiverpool on top, First only seperated by goal differences and the fact that we have a game in hand. I say the start of the season, post Thierry Henry Era, we have done very very well, even plagued with injuries.If the lads can keep this up and go all the way through, I can't see why we shouldn't be in the Title race. Though it's known, that it's still early in the season. but Points no matter how much they are always counts. You can tell that to our Fellow Title Contenders (Manc United and Chavs down there).

Predicted Line-Up

Substitutes

Lukasz Fabianski
Emmanuel Eboue (If fit)/ Matthieu Flamini
Theo Walcott
Eduardo Da Silva
Abou Diaby

I'd go for this line-up though, but might change it after the Internationals game. I'm basing this line up after yesterday's game, and assuming the week before the game, we may have improvement from the Injuries list. Lehmann, Sagna, Eboue, Gallas was not fit but may be in two weeks time. After Senderos' red, can't see why we're not rushing him, unless Arsène still play Gilberto in CB. It's a given that Gilberto is poor at CB. Thankfully, Toure able to clean that one up. We are having problems in defense as our natural defenders mostly out.

but Flamini starting yesterday was pretty unexpected, as I would expect Hoyte to start as he is a natural Right Back, but, Flamini did very well yesterday. As he was pretty solid at that. Taking up challenges, knows how to handle his man. etc.

But the fact that we are scoring from Midfields now is beautiful though, Fabregas found his goal scoring form - as he's been scoring 4 in the last 5 games, - and Rosicky managed to get one aswell. The bet between these lads are great, and its benefits are going for the clubs aswell. So who's complaining? We scored from corners, from midfield. etc.

And the fact that the team spirit shown by the lads last night was brilliant. Despite we were down to 10 men, and the fact we play 2 midfileders in defense after our defender red carded, we didn't fold up. We played football with the lads still pushing forward. Indeed hungry for goals. We didn't play with 10 men behind the ball. That's the brilliant spirit we were crying out for, and hope to see more coming from these lads.

I really can't see why we can't win against Scums, but I'm not going to jinx it by predicting scores. but this is a beaut.

Shall we ?

Will post the "What They Say" Article here, before the game starts on the 15th. And I'm going to have quite the time of doing this. but it's all in a good fun! The fact the turmoil going on in that club with Jol failing to give them what they're craving for. After spending countless millions. Ha!

Here's a lil bit from The old thread Alfonso posted before

Alfonso said:
"Choose Sp*rs
Choose overbearing inferiority
Choose s***e football and calling it 'classy'
Choose Jurgen Klinsmann's 'funny' celebration
Choose winning 2 championships in 124 years and claiming to be the best club in London (we're the third most succesful club in England so piss off)
Choose paying £8m for two overrated championship players
Choose claiming to be better than Arse*** yet not beating us in god knows how long...8 or so years?
Choose turning part of North London into a disgrace because of your presence
Choose Paranoia because you think David Dein is the reason why we are successful and you're crap.
Choose an inferiority complex
Choose David Ginola and his embarrassing Loreal adverts and then disgracing himself by diving like a girl.
Choose Christian Gross and Jacques Santini
Choose using an out-dated article about our European History
Choose thinking that two league titles makes you a big club
Choose thinking that Sp**s have always been this attractive footballing club when you've been swimming in the pool of averageness for donkeys years. Didn't you know that Herbert Chapman brought electric football to the first division way before 1951?"

LINK

Let's show em how it's done. :D

Credit goes to RC8 aswell.

Nutsy

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Good luck with What They Say- you'll have a time getting any intelligent comment from that lot.

heh tell me about it, Mark did the first time, wonder how he managed to get it off.

Wouldn't be surprised if the article will be a short one....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
right i couldnt wait for this!! were now in a situation to do exactly what that cannon did to that chicken regarding their hopes for this season
i couldnt really ask for more, have a good 2 weeks break boys and come back and get the 3 points.
a nice early kick off on saturday so lets get it out the way
im not sure if gilberto will be here as he is suppose to be on duty with brazil in two friendlys on the 9th and 12th or if billy boy will be fit...its best not to play diarra as this is a different kind of match, its the NLD and a very heated match

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Good luck with What They Say- you'll have a time getting any intelligent comment from that lot.

heh tell me about it, Mark did the first time, wonder how he managed to get it off.

Wouldn't be surprised if the article will be a short one....

tahaha i concur

kym7224

My only worry is if we beat them (of course we will!!), they will sack that Brilliant :lol: :wink: Jol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
well as usual against ****, if we keep it tight in the first 25-30 minutes then its our match to lose really!!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like we'll enjoy Fat Robbo's serial blunders for two weeks - from the international weeks right to the NLD.

Rohit

Established Member
Will be a tough game. Sp**s are not that bad a team, they do play good attacking football. We'll win comfortably if we are assured in defence and want to win this derby more than them.

awooga83

Established Member
Certainly will be tough Sp**s are always ready for this game of all matches, but with their bad start they will have even more incentive if that was even possible. We will need to be fully prepared ourselevs and hope we are not having an off day.

kamikaze80

Established Member
just one thing, 130pm london time would be 830am eastern time, 530am pacific.

amazing work again, nadz and RC8. thanks!

kel varnsen

Established Member
i'm not really sure what team i'd like to see start or even what will start, but i'd like to see diaby play. he has looked fresh and ready to go so far. sure, his passing has been a bit strayward at times, but there is a lot of potential there. he's physically very strong, his tackling skill is improving rapidly and he's far more mobile than he was when he first joined us. so maybe something like this:

almunia
flamini/sagna-gilberto-toure-clichy
walcott-diaby-cesc-hleb-rosicky
adebayor/van persie

maybe a bit too many attacking players in the side and not enough defensive protection in central midfield. so, flamini or gilberto will probably play in central midfield. as will cesc. rosicky and hleb will surely start as well. the big question marks will be concering the formation, who'll play up front and who'll play in the back four.

Nutsy

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:

Eh, You sure about that one mate? I checked for Pacific Time Zone (South East Asia) is 8.30 pm. The same as the one I had the game yesterday vs Portsmouth as at the moment I am in South East Asia.

Not sure about the CEntral European Time Zone though. Good Heaves, I hate Time Zones Differences. :eek:ops:

I apologize

entropy13

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:

But it's 8:30pm over here, and we're just to the left of the Pacific. He might be pertaining to the Asian side of the Pacific.

phenn

Pacific time is where California is :eek: hehe.

Anyway, will Gallas be fit in time for this? I was under the impression he'd be out for a while longer.

Tottenham are going to come out with **** all to lose, it's going to be an absolute dogfight. I predict one red card for each side.

Thankfully their midfield is complete **** or I'd be worried.

Original_AAA

Gunners_Nadz said:
kamikaze80 said:

Eh, You sure about that one mate? I checked for Pacific Time Zone (South East Asia) is 8.30 pm. The same as the one I had the game yesterday vs Portsmouth as at the moment I am in South East Asia.

Not sure about the CEntral European Time Zone though. Good Heaves, I hate Time Zones Differences. :eek:ops:

I apologize

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Brillant site for keeping track of the different time zones. :wink:

Nutsy

Established Member
Thanks for that AAA.. Hahaha. Like I said, I apologize, I meant the Pacific Time Zone in the South East Asia. Oh Man..

Really Helps that one AAA, I might re edit one of the graphics. :D

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom