• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

awooga83

Established Member
Biggus said:
Exactly. The whole concept of being a professional player and a partisan supporter are exclusive. My wife asked me the other day how Henry was doing, I answered that I did not give a f**k, as he's not an Arsenal player anymore. She doesn't follow football and finds this attitude difficult to grasp.
We're not paid by any club- The reverse in fact. So we're free to express any opinion we choose.
But while a players plays for our club he'd better "kiss the badge"......he can do what he wants when he leaves.

So True Biggus I've had that a few times where my mum, god bless her says something like oh I hope France does well today because it will be good to see Henry do well. I say I don't care what they do he no longer plays for us and even when he did I didn't want France to do well I'd rather he would be rested for us. She just couldn't understand the loyalty was to Arsenal and the players who play for them not the players themselves.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm of the opposite oppinion, to be honest.

Despite the circumstances in Thierry's personal life, the man is, I still believe, the greatest player the club has ever had, and the years of success he contributed to, the joyful moments he gave us will live with me forever.

I don't hate him for leaving us - I don't believe the decision was taken lightly, and I don't think you can point to any one factor that tipped the balance and made him go. Decision in life are seldom uncomplicated, and a lot of factors probably combined to push him out of the door.

Now that he's gone, I wish him all the best in football and in life. What he does now will not mean nearly as much that he's not wearing an Arsenal shirt, but as long as he's not scoring against us, I hope he has every success, just as I hope the same for Tony Adams, Ray Parlour, Liam Brady, and the countless other players I've watched over the years that have given me so much pleasure.

awooga83

Established Member
I think maybe you slightly miss my point its not really bad luck I just do not care what he does he doesn't play for Arsenal and is consequentially not of any interest to me what he does in football. As you say I hope if we meet them he does nothing and we beat them but thats is.I don't wish players success I wish teams success and only one of those so I won't be wishing Thierry success.

asajoseph

Established Member
As I said though, I'm not really the same.

When they're still playing, I always look out for how well our former players are doing - I make a point of watching Villareal if I see there's a game on, just to see how Bobby (and Pascal) are getting on. I used to look out for Wycombe, whilst Tony Adams was there, and always secretly hoped that Ray Parlour would start tearing up the Premiership at Boro. It goes on really - we've had a lot of players in recent years who will, decades from now, be remembered as legends. Some of us might be a little sore about it now, but in 10 years time, the acrimony around the Vieira and Henry transfers will not be what we remember about them as players - and as long as it doesn't hurt us, I wish most of them every success.

awooga83

Established Member
Yeah fair enough its not that I don't watch other teams and might see someone who used to play and admire their playing or something I just don't go looking for it. I admit I have watched Barca recently simply because I was curious to see Thierry in another team and see what all the fuss was about but when I saw him he wasn't doing much and was a bit unlucky but I didn't want him to score when he hit the post I was kind of happy, but different strokes I guess, plus the fact I am a real Arsenal fan and your not :wink:

Legend#1

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'm of the opposite oppinion, to be honest.

Despite the circumstances in Thierry's personal life, the man is, I still believe, the greatest player the club has ever had, and the years of success he contributed to, the joyful moments he gave us will live with me forever.

I don't hate him for leaving us - I don't believe the decision was taken lightly, and I don't think you can point to any one factor that tipped the balance and made him go. Decision in life are seldom uncomplicated, and a lot of factors probably combined to push him out of the door.

Now that he's gone, I wish him all the best in football and in life. What he does now will not mean nearly as much that he's not wearing an Arsenal shirt, but as long as he's not scoring against us, I hope he has every success, just as I hope the same for Tony Adams, Ray Parlour, Liam Brady, and the countless other players I've watched over the years that have given me so much pleasure.

I agree.

Biggus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Not that I think there's any real right or wrong in this mind - it's just personally how I feel.

Well thats it isn't it Asa..... Awooga said what I was going to say. Its nothing personal with Henry, Vieira, Parlour, Ljunberg for example. They have been great servants to the club I am not bitter and I wish them well in life. I don't even bear any malice to Reyes, Pennant, Bentley, they were just very naughty little boys. But my allegiance is to us. You know yourself..... players come and go but Arsenal fc go on .

Chips&CurrySauce

To be honest I'm some what split.. I always look out for Pires and Vieira as back in the day they were my favourite players.. Especially Paddy, and when I see him for Inter or for France I can't help but feel nostalgic... However although henry was a great player for us I just don't have the same kind of affection for him.. I still love it when Patrick comes to the Emirates and the crowd chant his song... In effect it depends on the player for me...

Biggus

Established Member
But Chips, if we cross paths with Paddy or LeBobs teams in the future I'm sure you hope they have shockers.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom