• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
Well great post Nadz(Real legend of A-M) :wink: btw the game will be a good one if Lennon plays on right Clichy vs Lennon will be enthralling Berbatov wont be a threat if Gallas is fit and Hleb on left?very nice there's where he will thrive he is brilliant there and vs Chimbonda it will be a good contest and van Persie and Ade honestly wasnt impressed by the pair against arsenal retirment home (portsmouth)

But the thing is Pressure is completely in sp*ds they have to win to keep their manager ,and they will be fired up and as match is at their home ground it will be enthralling to see some sad faces there after the match and WE will be reason Why their coach gets a sack :wink:
We will win by two goals

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
can't wait for this. but when we are in great form, theres always a ****ing nationals in between. grrrr

Original_AAA

Gunners_Nadz said:
Thanks for that AAA.. Hahaha. Like I said, I apologize, I meant the Pacific Time Zone in the South East Asia. Oh Man..

Really Helps that one AAA, I might re edit one of the graphics. :D

You are welcome. I know just how hard it is to keep track of all these timezones. :wink:

Tony Montana

Established Member
phenn said:
Pacific time is where California is :eek: hehe.

Anyway, will Gallas be fit in time for this? I was under the impression he'd be out for a while longer.

Tottenham are going to come out with f**k all to lose, it's going to be an absolute dogfight. I predict one red card for each side.

Thankfully their midfield is complete s**t or I'd be worried.

Mostly agree with this.

Sp**s have nothing to lose so they will be really up for this in both defence and attack. It's an NLD so it goes without saying but given they haven't beaten us in 10 years they will want this so bad.

In a way, the pressure is more on us because we are the ones who are supposed to win. We're are in 2nd and will not want to lose that position. We're on a roll but the international break might stop that roll. Secondly, Sp**s will be able to regroup and refresh themselves after what is a crap start for a team looking to enter the Champions League. Manure's start is actually not that bad given they've played 5 games and will be up there come May. They've got 8 points out of 15. If Sp**s had the start that Manure did I would be even more worried but they are 6 points below us and we have a game in hand so i'm not as worried as I normally am coming into an NLD. I'm actually quite impressed with people who are so confident of beating them a week or two before the game like RockyRocastle and RC8. I wish I had that spirit.

I don't know which players will be available but i can assure you we will have two significant injuries at least. Our injuries always take longer than we want because we're Arsenal. I just hope we have two proper centre backs or Sagna at CB at least (not Gilberto).

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
the last time we won at the white fart lane was the 5-4 victory no?

it's been quite a long time so i'm positive we'll win this one no problem.

i've predicted we'll win 2-0 (and later edited it and wrote 20-0 to us) against pompey and we won 3-1 so i'm going to do everyone a big favor and say we'll win 100-0 there.

spuds don't have a DM or a CM who's able to hold the midfield although that young lad kaboul can actually play as a DM. both him and thudd can make their midfield look like a fort but knowing jol and the rest of them spuds, they'll be stupid as ever.

tottenham hotspurs... it's where ringpieces are stuffed.

Nutsy

Established Member
No Problem Tony.

It's understandable how some would predict either a win or a loss, and I would agree with that Tony, from what I can see, both teams are indeed under tons of pressure here, Scums understandably with the run of bad games, they MAY step up against us.

But somehow, lingering in my mind, the lads are not going let this one go. After how much they shown in previous games, you can clearly see the whole passion of the game there. This is not just three points. There's more than that really. If the lads can show real character in the last few games, surely they'll bleed this one through.

I'm confident to be honest because, I seriously can't see the youngsters throwing this away.They realise how important these Derbies are, and after Thierry left, they would use those motivations to get through these well-known rivalries. The same will go when we're up against Mancs, Chavs, Liverpool.

These international breaks too piss me off at times, as players can get injured in those and we're already shortage of Defenders. One more gone and we're fcked.

but I can see it that the lads are going to pull this one through.

sam961gunners

My team:
-------------------Almunia-------------------
---Sagna--Toure--Gilberto--Clichy---
--Hleb--Diarra--Fabregas--Rosicky--
-------------v.Persie--Adebayor------------
Subs: Lehmann, Flamini, Denilson, Walcott, Eduardo

Don't think Gallas will be back for this one so i would give Diarra his first start. I know it aint the best game to throw him into straight away but he has pleanty of experience.

xcdude24

Established Member
We'll probably play something like this:

-----------------------Almunia--------------------------
---Sagna/Flamster-----Toure---Bert---Clichy---
---Rosicky---Fabregas--Flamster/Diarra--Hleb-
------------------Ade-----------RVP---------------------

Subs:

Fabianski
Gallas
Denilson/Diaby
Eduardo
Walcott/Diarra

I think Sp**s will regroup after this break, but we should be able to take care of them rather easily. I have a feeling Sagna and Gallas will both be on the bench, with the Flamster playing RB and Diarra playing the Gilberto role. If Diarra can take control the midfield early and we can contain Berbatov, we shouldn't have much trouble getting three point.

Hope we get 2/3-0 up and Eduardo gets a good 30 minutes of playing.

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
welldoes that means they do they become available to play on 15 th or just recover from their injury?well i wouldnt play Lehmann even if he was fit tbh

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
vanpersiethegoldenboy said:
welldoes that means they do they become available to play on 15 th or just recover from their injury?well i wouldnt play Lehmann even if he was fit tbh
It means physioroom expect they can play that day.

Druid

if this match determines whether jol will be sacked or not then it's bad news for us. the spuds team will be determined to give their all for their manager and can pose a big threat to us..

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
vanpersiethegoldenboy said:
It means physioroom expect they can play that day.
Thank You another win for us and lets rub spice and salt on sp*ds wounds

RC8

Established Member
Well well well, finally, the first NLD of the new season. Last season we celebrated St. Totteringham's day at their place, but a win at WHL this season would be even sweeter for various reasons.

First of all, it would destroy their confidence at the beginning of the season, and crush their hopes of finishing above us early on. Also, it would prove the press who predicted they'd do better than we would wrong, and show the true potential of the current squad.

However, they will be pumped for this game, and it is, although I hate to say it, highly likely they will cause an upset in 2 scenarios...

1. Jol's job pending on a thin line:

If Martin Jol feels he will get the sack unless he wins this game, he will come out and play defensive football against us. They aren't very good defending, but a team that parks the bus at their place will always be hard to beat. Furthermore, we tend to struggle against these teams, and they could very well get a goal on the counter.

2. Jol gets fired. New boss comes in:

Also known as the 'new manager syndrome', the likeliness of a new manager winning his first important game is much higher than one would expect for various reasons. The new manager will know his opponent very well, but his opponent will not know him. The players will make an extra effort to impress the new manager, in the same way school kids tend to behave better in the first day of classes than they will in the rest of the year. Look no further than West Ham's win against Utd last year to see how this works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in any case, Tottenham will be pumped for this game, and we have to be ready to match their hunger and desire if we want to get the 3 points.

Important games like these tend to end in draws most of the time anyway, (see our 2 games against them in the 05-06 season), simply because the team that is losing will not give up, no matter the lead the other team has.

On a more positive note, the pressure that will fall on the Tottenham players if we score first will be huge. If they are losing by the 60th minute the Tottenham supporters will boo their team and leave the ground as usual, and with our fans in full voice, our players will not feel the hostility usually associated with the NLD. Tottenham are in a period of crisis, which has seen them rotating players constantly, and which means the understanding within the team is not as good as it should be. Finally, we can always trust Jol to make the wrong substitution and let us back into the game even if we are losing by 2 goals at half time.

Independently of the result, we can be sure that, if we lost for some reason, the football community won't pay much attention to the result. Tottenham players will remind us of the game for the next 10 years when they fail to beat us again in the following 20 games, but on a larger scale, it's not as bad as it would have been to lose there over the past 2 seasons. And since Henry was out for both games last season, they can't say use the result as evidence of us being the one-man team they said we were. It goes without saying to lose 3 points there would still be an unacceptable result, but let's not panic if the worst came to happen.

As for predictions, it's hard to tell, but I expect (hope!) Gallas to be back, and I think we'll go with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 depending on whether Wenger thinks Sagna and Gallas need some extra protection in case they were to play. So, it'd be one of these two line-ups:

f_Predictionsm_6e87b5a.png

Still early days for predictions, but let's see if I get this right ;)

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom