• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham vs Arsenal | 15/09/07

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
Brilliantly done RC8 mate !! :D
i feel this will be a victory with malice a good win but it will be hard earned and it will be deserved one hoping for good match although the formation on Left is not very much likely it may come as surprise formation but on right its more likely

We will win by two good goals as you predicted but i feel we'll take the lead in first half and dominate second half and there will be a late goal by them but we will play against a pumped up team
hoping for a victory and will come

RC8

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Will Willy be back for this game?

His quotes that he would miss September were misleading. He said that about the French National team, so there's a chance he'll be back with Arsenal sooner. Since Domenech called him up, it's my guess he could be back in 2 weeks to face Tottenham.

Otherwise I'd expect this:

f_Lineupwithom_70e990e.png

Diarra and Denilson could do a job in the middle, but I think Flamini's experience could prove very valuable in the middle.

vanpersiethegoldenboy said:
Brilliantly done RC8 mate !! :D
i feel this will be a victory with malice a good win but it will be hard earned and it will be deserved one hoping for good match although the formation on Left is not very much likely it may come as surprise formation but on right its more likely

We will win by two good goals as you predicted but i feel we'll take the lead in first half and dominate second half and there will be a late goal by them but we will play against a pumped up team
hoping for a victory and will come

hehe, thanks mate.

If your prediction comes true I will be more than pleased. I agree with the rest of the points you raise. Specially about the difficulty to predict the whole right side of our line-up, with the exception of van Persie.

M+D

Established Member
Great match thread. I feel very confident about this match tbh, I know Sp**s should be pumped up for the match, but I can't help thinking that if we get the first goal we may get 3 or more even, I think they might just collapse.

And even if we don't get the first goal, we should have enough to get back into the game against a poor defence. I can't see us losing this, but I am not renowned for getting predictions right either.....

stiiphunn

Established Member
what makes me confident about this game is the way tottenham play the game. they're, unlike many other teams, quite offensive and play the ball on the ground.
it could suit us well.

that said, it's going to be a tough game any way. we'll have to be strong.

Viper

Established Member
My ideal team:

.................Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas (or Gilberto) Clichy
Hleb Cesc Gilberto (or Diarra/Denilson) Rosicky
Van Persie Eduardo

DOUBLE-YOU

This is going to be a huge game. spuds are going to be up for it big time. They have so much to prove. They want to prove they are the team to finish 4th. we have had a good start, they have had a poor start, we know we are a better team but if we take them for granted we will lose.

People will focus on Berbatov, but Keane is the player who usually hurts us most. I am not a big fan of Sp**s midfield. Jenas hasn't fulfilled his potential, Huddelston is brlliant on the ball but i am not sure he can get around the pitch. Bale i rate. I don't know what he is like defensively but playing left wing he is very good. (i'd love to see him up against Theo)

I was looking at a number of line-ups posted and i am very interested in the 5 man midfield with Diaby as the player in the hole and Adebayor up front. Ok maybe not against Sp**s but with the bigger physical sides it seems a viable option

guinertron

Does anyone really think their midfield with "Pigglestone" "Dudkora" will really cope with the movement of Cesc, Hleb, Rocky and Bert surely not.
Our midfield has become even more dynamic and is scoring goals. If we can get the midfield game under our belts i don't have any fear in getting a good result.

Arnie

how are you guys doing this andy grayesque line up selecter thingy??

Anyway, been waiting for this game since the fixtures were released, because there was way too much talk this summer, i'm pumped and its 2 weeks away!! Don't give 2 f*cks about England internationals, just wanna get to this, so we lay a marker down. Send a serious message!! Hope Jol isn't sacked tho.
Do you guys think think tottenham's pumped up, emotional state for this game will help or hinder them??

phenn

If they play Tom Huddlestone in a 4 man midfield they will get run the **** over.

Bottom line I think we'll take this but I really do expect it to be a super feisty affair with at least one red card.

DOUBLE-YOU

Arnie said:
how are you guys doing this andy grayesque line up selecter thingy??

Anyway, been waiting for this game since the fixtures were released, because there was way too much talk this summer, i'm pumped and its 2 weeks away!! Don't give 2 f*cks about England internationals, just wanna get to this, so we lay a marker down. Send a serious message!! Hope Jol isn't sacked tho.
Do you guys think think tottenham's pumped up, emotional state for this game will help or hinder them??

bbc website.

guinertron

Sp**s will come on to us which will be great for us on the counter attack. They will try and use pase and width to get round us which should enable us to play through their middle and give the forwards support. Keep the midfield quiet keep Berbscum quiet.

True Gooner

Established Member
I swear one of these days we may actually lose a NLD. But please God dont make us lose this game - it will shatter Tottenham for eternity......or until they come close to Europe again :roll:

guinertron

Almunia

Sagna and Kolo if Billy is still unfit, Eboue right back if fit don't forget Gael Force

Fab, Bert, Hleb and Rocky

RVP and Ade

we will not lose this one, we want to win the league more than they want to beat us.

Endris

clockwork orange said:
Expected return dates for injured players according to physioroom:

B Sagna Back Injury 15th Sep 07
J Lehmann Achilles Paratendinopathy 15th Sep 07
W Gallas Groin Strain 15th Sep 07
E Eboue Sprained Ankle 15th Sep 07

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... rtable.php

Lehmann will play for germany this weekend and had more of a problem with his arm but seems alright now. I presume he will be back in goal or Wenger would have to make almunia first choice and I doubt that will happen. I also think he did a good job against england so I hope he will come back determined and well motivated. Yet another match I will have to watch on a ****ing miniature television at the end of the world. Bah. :?

Great job with the match thread, Nadz!

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom