• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | Saturday January 2nd | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
We haven't won at this ground since the most underrated player of all time (Danny "Motherfucking" Welbeck) scored the winner.

Fancy my boy Arteta to put that right in the new year!

Also...anyone remember Mikel's greatest ever cameo v West Brom in 2015?

We were cruising and leading 1-0, then Coq got injured...Arteta came on, lost the ball needlessly and gave away the freekick for the equalizer , then scored an own goal that turned out to be the game winner, then went off injured himself and cost us our last sub...majestic form the gaffer :rofl:
Flam had a worse one against Barcelona tbf

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
th

best memory at Westbrom.

Arteta should start in form players and those who seem to care:

Leno
AMN Holding Mari Tierney
Elneny Xhaka
Saka ESR Martinelli
Laca

One of Bellerin or AMN needs to be sold. AMN is not a Midfielder, if he doesnt have a place playing RB then he needs to be sold. If Bellerin is sold then start AMN at RB, Cedric backup for both.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We should absolutely **** these. They'll be shell-shocked by the 5 nil, so hit them from early on.

I want our forwards to treat them like a wannabe WAG at a footballers party - everybody gets a turn.

4-1

Xanth

If they sit back, we'll win. If he presses us a bit, they'll win

?

It's completely the opposite. We struggle against teams who sit back but are good against those that press us. We're actually one of the most press-resistant teams in the league.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
?

It's completely the opposite. We struggle against teams who sit back but are good against those that press us. We're actually one of the most press-resistant teams in the league.
Sam's pressing is fouling and kicking us in his own half. His sitting back is literally the most passive thing where no one presses at all at any point and you can create chances the way we play

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe @Riou didn't post this. Lads slacking.

A masterclass from Sp**s fan Marton Fulop, Gibbs last minute super tackle and Pat Rice’s last game as our assistant manager...fun match!

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Needs to go with the same team again, keep the run going. Maybe swap Auba for Laca and Elneny for Partey if fit. Reward those who have performed last few games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd be tempted to start Balogun for this one. Let him take the anticipated kicking. Auba struggles at CF and out wide, he reduces our technical level because he cant dribble at one over any distance. Nelson should be on the bench as he can do a job centrally or out wide too and allows us to sub off ESR or Martinelli. Otherwise, keep the same team although I'm sure AMN can do Elneny's job.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd be tempted to start Balogun for this one. Let him take the anticipated kicking. Auba struggles at CF and out wide, he reduces our technical level because he cant dribble at one over any distance. Nelson should be on the bench as he can do a job centrally or out wide too and allows us to sub off ESR or Martinelli. Otherwise, keep the same team although I'm sure AMN can do Elneny's job.

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m not sure why anyone who’s seen our pedestrian build up play against teams that defend deep thinks Leeds’ performance will have any bearing on our game against West Brom.

Leeds’ intensity and ours are diametrically opposed. Bielsa’s system relies on every player pressing man for man for 90 minutes. The game opened up because they conceded early goals and ran away from them.

Unless we also come flying out of the traps, West Brom will be even more defensive than Burnley were against us.

We know how they’ll play. They’ll allow us to have the ball in wide areas and force us back inside. We NEED a different type of player in midfield for this one.

And while I don’t think Balogun will start I’d love to see him on the bench for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They just got walloped by Leeds and have confidence issues right now. FML Arteta is out of danger. We're ****ed

I find it bizarre that we were actually ****ed and then the manager starts winning games... but we are still ****ed? If we win a title with Arteta I'm guessing it won't be down to him either?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@Tir Na Nog you wanna get in on this underappreciated nostalgia from 2015?
Look how scared the small teams were of us...no pressure nobody even dares to press before we enter the final third..too much technical ability, Cazorla, Özil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Alexis and Giroud would just tik tak around you until you had to puke.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not to tempt fate but our next 3 PL games are quite winnable, pick up 9 points from them and we might be....wait for it...top half :bounce:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Look how scared the small teams were of us...no pressure nobody even dares to press before we enter the final third..too much technical ability, Cazorla, Özil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Alexis and Giroud would just tik tak around you until you had to puke.

Proper Wenger side wasn't it...I do miss being the most creative team in the league, took it for granted in hindsight.

The FA cup final just after this was glorious, basically retired Tim Sherwood from management :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom