• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Juventus | 28/03/06

Masuperlami

world's most expensive goalkeeper my a$$ :lol:

He didn't even budge when Fabregas scored the goal. Considering Fabregas wasn't even using his full strength.

Lehmann (7) - Not being tested

Eboue (8.5) - REVELATION, loves going forward. Just hope his position will be covered safely.

Toure (10) - IMMENSE, the heart of our defence, calm and composed.

Senderos (9) - Gave him a 9 simply because of our clean sheet. Loved his run all the way to buffon. Was pretty scary though.

Flamini (8.5) - Just superb.

Hleb (7) - Worked hard.

Gilberto (7.5) - Read the game well. Did well against the Juve midfield.

Pires (8.5) - Really helped out the midfield a lot. In the 1st half, seems like he was sticking to Vieira.

Fabregas (10) - MOTM simply because he rise up to the occasion.

Reyes (8.5) - Worked hard to attack, superb commitment.

Henry (8.5) - the beginning of the game wasn't entirely convincing but
grew as the game went on.

Wenger (10) - Arsenal 2 - 0 Juventus

Masuperlami

Couldn't argue with that. But IMO i think Buffon should have at least reacted. Doesn't really matter. It's 2-0 to us! woohooo

choi12911

Masuperlami said:
Couldn't argue with that. But IMO i think Buffon should have at least reacted.

Was happening too fast, right in front of the goal and his view was blocked by Thuram. It was aimed at the low left corner and the ball went throug hthe Thuram's legs. Buffon really had no chance in hell.

When the first goal went in, by the reaction of the players, I thought the shot went wide. I think, for a milisecond there, even Arsenal players didn't fully realize what Cesc had just done......

Gooner for 60 years

This night will be remembered by all Gooners as the day we made Juventus lose their dignity. Sure it's only half time but that overall team performance was stunning. Not sure what game you were watching Sabre... the words "over the hill, overweight, overpaid" came to mind but that was Real for Pete's sake. You do know who we were playing last night??? A side 10 points clear or so of 2 other quarter finalists...and we made them look very, very ordinary.

whoztheman

agree with Asterix. we started off poorly and henry, gilberto, pires only came alive after the first goal. henry and gil were piss poor for a good 35 minutes. so not sure about giving 8's to everyone. i would give a 9 to cesc and toure only. thses ratings are not toys you just give around happily after a win!

Sabre, watching football purely from the aesthetic or technical aspect without enjoying it emotionally is like having sex with a gymnast.

a few words sum up arsenals performence yesterday. THEY:
OUTSMARTED
OUTPLAYED
OUTGUNNED Juventus.

I think Juve had one shot on target in the entire match. Toure played extremely well and Reyes was as good as against Madrid if not better. But no one will deny that Fabregas played one of his best games for arsenal and proved to Mr. Viera that arsenal can still play the same quality of football without him.

I forgot to mention Flamini. Cole and clichy better be ready for some competition because flamini was excellent yesterday and has been performing very well in the past few games. He's been working so hard that he's even started to give crosses with his left foot. He is a commited footballer and i expect to see more of him next season.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann [7] - didn't have to do anything much but his mad character lighten up the defence

Eboue [8] - Superb dazzling runs from the right, terrorising Zambrotta and Mutu

Toure [10] - Wow! World class just pure world class defending. Made Ibrahimovic look like crap.

Senderos [7] - Did ok. Not bad and not good, just average

Flamini [8] - Nice interceptions, always breaking the Juve attack

Pires [8] - Nice tackle on Vieira, giving Pat a bit of his own medicine. Also, never made a mistake and his experience proved vital to the teams win.

Fabregas [10] - Fabulous Fabregas!! Kid, you have grown a lot. Amazing performance last night. You are something special. Last night, he was all over the pitch and for his hardwork, he deserved a goal. Definitely the man of the match, or should I say kid of the match?

Gilberto [8] - Mr Invincible prooved last night why he deserves that nickname. Always breaking up the Juve offence.

Hleb [9] - The dribbling, shooting, passing and tackling all came out last night from this guy. Well done!

J. A. Reyes (9) - Always a threat to the Juve defense. His smart play and quick thinking really brighten up the squad. Played beautiful 1-2's last night.

Henry [10] - Contributed to the first goal and scored the second. His dazzling runs made Zebina look like aan 80 year old peasant. What more could I say that hasn't be said about him? Pure class

Canadian Gooner

I probably agree with most of sky's ratings...

Lehmann - 7
Eboue - 9
Toure - 9
Phil - 8
Flamini - 8
Hleb - 8
Gilberto - 7
Cesc - 10
Pires - 9
Henry - 8
Reyes - 8
Van Persie - 6

Except I'd change Hleb to a 7, Cesc to a 9, and Pires to an 8. Toure was my MOTM...he was just simply outstanding. He's the reason why Juve has no away goals! Cesc was a close close second.

Uri

usheray said:
Mate you are full of crap Arsène wengers formation didnt work, when you win it means your formation has worked, especially 2-0 Fabregas was amazing, eboue was menacing on the side, reyes drew a red card thats is percect isnt it???

Queted for truth. there was not need for a change, so what's the problem with the change been made quite late ?

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Sabre you are either insane or blind.

Jens 6 - Nothing to do.

Eboue 9 - Fantastic again. Made the coke addict Mutu look like a pub player.

Toure 10 - Immense. Legendary performance. Last ditch tackles and unbeatable one on one. Has really come along.

Senderos 9 - Colossal in the air and countless intereceptions. Where was his mistake you cynical c**nts of Arsenal-Mania?

Flamini 8 - Excellent again. Gave everything for the shirt, fought for every centimeter and won the ball countless times.

Hleb 7 - Struggled a bit in the first half but brilliantly put Cesc through for our second. Heavliy marked though.

Gilberto 7 - Average in his passing, brilliant in the air and defense.

Pires 9 - Instrumental for our tactics today. Did an absolutely brilliant job all over the midfield that I didn't expect him to do.

Reyes 7 - As you'd expect on the left. Did something good everytime he came inside, worked very hard and got people booked a lot.

Cesc 10 - Dribbled a bit too much for my liking but still the decisive factor in this game. Brilliant first goal and set up the second. MOTM again.

Henry 9 - Wasn't the best Henry game, but looking at it objectively, he was still very very good.

Those ratings are spot on :!:

Couldn´t believe my eyes, when I read sabret00the´s ratings :shock:

GunneDown

Sammer said:
Gurgen said:

Jens 6 - Nothing to do.

Toure 10 - Immense. Legendary performance. Last ditch tackles and unbeatable one on one. Has really come along.

Senderos 9 - Colossal in the air and countless intereceptions. Where was his mistake you cynical c**nts of Arsenal-Mania?

Flamini 8 - Excellent again. Gave everything for the shirt, fought for every centimeter and won the ball countless times.

Hleb 7 - Struggled a bit in the first half but brilliantly put Cesc through for our second. Heavliy marked though.

Pires 9 - Instrumental for our tactics today. Did an absolutely brilliant job all over the midfield that I didn't expect him to do.

Reyes 7 - As you'd expect on the left. Did something good everytime he came inside, worked very hard and got people booked a lot.

Cesc 10 - Dribbled a bit too much for my liking but still the decisive factor in this game. Brilliant first goal and set up the second. MOTM again.

Henry 9 - Wasn't the best Henry game, but looking at it objectively, he was still very very good.

Those ratings are spot on :!:

Couldn´t believe my eyes, when I read sabret00the´s ratings :shock:

I agree with that too.

If i had to give someone man of the match it would be Pires. He stopped vieira. He tracked him up and down the field all night. Not his normal job but did it very well.

Sammer

Established Member
Camonaresi - how stupid can you play? Have you ever seen a player who comitts a foul in order to not having to play a game anymore (outside of Sunday amateur league that is ;)).

Capelle will have some serious words with some of the Juve players.

gun4glory

Gurgen said:

Jens 6 - Nothing to do.

Right on... Altohug I'd give Gilberto and Reyes an 8
Gilberto sheilded our defense like never before...
Reyes just for thet run past (through) Vieira... Wow! He did that all night...

No doubt about the man of the match... Cesc... Toure second, Pires third...

ebhenry

sabare...you obviously enjoy being sarcastic. maybe you are mourinho. (ha ha).
whatever, whichever way you look at it we were the better side. what is a formation anyway?
as long as we have 11 players on the pitch and they are creative enough to switch from 442 to 433 or 451 or 460, thats good enough for me. it only goes to show what wenegr thinks. on paper hleb was behind henry, in reality it was cesc. whether it was intentional or by accident, we will never know, but you must give credit to the man who chose to feild those 11 players in the first place.

man of the match: cesc the fab fabregas
unsung hero: matheiu flamini

qs

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Juventus: Player Ratings

I think some people seem to think Juve just bent over and let us give it to them. They didnt, for 95% of the first half they gave us little or no room at all and the team had to work very hard for every pass. In the second half we had a little more room but not that much till the last 15 minutes. There arent many teams in europe wouldve got anything from that game. I know people are saying our players can do better and have done etc etc etc but thats usually only when they are allowed space to play their game. Last night was the first time in at least 18 months Ive seen us play our game even when we're given no time or space on the ball.

Im not exactly sure who those players in the redcurrent shorts were, I mean they looked familiar but last time I seen our players get kicked that much they rolled over and let Bolton take the points. Last night they just stood back up and kept on fighting. It was all well and good out playing an open side like Real but beating Juve was a whole other ball game. Im absolutely delighted with the resiliance and determination our players showed.

Muppy

How often do you win 2-0 against Juventus and even made them beg for mercy?

I say 15 for all players.

Juventus were OUTPLAYED, OUTCLASSED and OUTGUNNED!

They had to resort to cheap fouls and could not stop us.

Gurgen

Established Member
Asterix said:
I don't agree with Sabre's ratings either, but I don't know that anyone deserved a 10. 8's sure, and maybe a 9 for Cesc and Kolo, but we did give the ball away an awful lot in the first half, and I think we're lucky Juve weren't on their game to capitalise. They really were quite poor in England again.

I disagree.

Kolo for example didn't lose a challenge all night. That deserves a 10 in my book.
Cesc won the game for us with a brilliant goal and some staggering play in the second half. He was outmuscled a few times sure, and tried to do too much, but overall it was a perfect performance.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom