• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Juventus | 28/03/06

Buhry

Established Member

Jens - 6
Eboue - 8,5
Kolo - 9
Senderos - 8
Flamini - 7,5
Gilberto - 8
Fab - 10
Hleb - 7
Pires - 8
Reyes - 7,5
Henry - 8,5

BannedKwame

Well, what can I say, a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying game. The difference between this team(bulk) and the previous team is that the current team has yet to fail in europe, it has yet to fail living up to expectation; there is no pressure. If Juventus had scored first, even off some b.s. freekick, things may have been different. Henry, Gilberto, and Pires fed off the energy of the kids, especially Cesc, who quite frankly had the 3rd/4th best footballing brain on the pitch, and the kid is 18!!!

Ratings:

Lehmann(7): Nothing to do, but he did not **** up

Eboue(9): Best RB in Europe on current form. Let's count at the end of the season how many class players he stifled, and our defensive record since his inclusion.

Toure(9): Along with Eboue, the best right sided defensive pair in Europe. I feel we've hit the jackpot with those two. Arsenal legends in the making

Senderos(8): Did his job, and very well. Smart player, and he actually imposed his physicality....

Flamini(8): Did his work

Gilberto(7.5): Woke up after the first goal, and excelled afterwards

Hleb(7): Strange character this. One moment he is brilliant on the ball, and the next he looks completely befuddled. His workrate should be admired.

Pires(7): The laziest ****er on our team actually worked hard. Good play

Reyes(7): Not his best game, but he did what he had to do.

Cesc(9.5): Best game i've seen from him. He excels in tight spaces, he is constantly on the move, knows how to make spaces, find spaces, and run into spaces. Dominated the middle of the park because he did not 'stay' in the middle of the park. I'm interested to see how he does in Turin.

Henry(8): You are one the best players I've ever seen, but I don't give a **** if you just ran 100 meters at full speed, don't stand still in the box when your creative players are looking for an outlet. Still, he is sheer class and the best player on the pitch.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Kolo 10/10.
Cesc 9.5/10.
The rest 8.

Can I just say, Reyes and Flamini who I have given a lot of stick this year - ****ing magic!

vinny_60

lehmann-6: catching and kicking practice.
eboue-8: he is the new cafu. pacy, powerful but also so solid.
toure-9: he did what cannavaro was doing two or three years ago.
senderos-8: beating ibrahimovic and trezeguet in the air and overpowering them. impressive.
flamini-7: good game. in a couple of years i wont be surprised if he turned into a full back.
hleb-7: not his best game. nervous and couldn't find his way till 2nd half
gilberto-7: invisible as usual, but realle was a wall tonight.
fabregas-9: top passing, top movement, top decision and vision. top performance.
reyes-9: he was a star even though he didn't score or assist. constant running at the dodgy zebina and camronesi resulting in both being off. drove the team forward in several occasion and nutmegged vieira and also drawing a yellow card from vieira. the juventus famous defence couldn't cope with this little jinx.
pires-8: tactically spot on. his presence made vieira drop deep therefore juventus lacked support in midfield. also his free role meant juve players were hard to mark him. good passing and great pv4 style tackle on pv4 himself.
henry-8: good leadership shown today in my opinion. worked hard, scored a goal, made a goal and when the juventus players got tired, he just toyed them.

wenger-10: he obviously called rafa benitez for advices. we created our own tempo to the game and made sure juventus couldn't have time on the ball. playing pires also helped to lock down juventus attack. the two wingers tracked back well and also outpaced juventus full backs. tactically spot on.

vieira-5: thank god he isn't an arsenal player..haha

dublingunner

Established Member
Gort said:
Lord Dula said:
asajoseph said:
I'll appreciate the football, but call a spade a spade where due.

Kick racism out of football son.

Call a spade a spade.

OK, at the end it does say to be careful with its usage (rightly so), but the term, in itself, isn't racist.

I used this expression also when talking about Hleb's disappointing performance last night and I can assure you Lord Dula that any "racist" connotation wasn't my intention and didn't even occur to me.

Let's kick the over-sensitivity and over-political correctness out of our mindset, son.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't know, but I'd bet my bottom buck (or perhaps even my bottom), that Dula was joking...

Non-issue, let's move on...

Legend#1

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Kolo 10/10.
Cesc 9.5/10.
The rest 8.

Can I just say, Reyes and Flamini who I have given a lot of stick this year - f****g magic!

Are my eyes deceiving me :wink:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I was really thinking that we should use 4-5-1 in the premiership, we really look solid in defence and threatening in attack . We seem to have it working now and I quite like it .

Henry also commented that Fracesc looks better in this system
Henry said:

"Cesc is doing extremely well. If you let him play he can kill a team.

"I think you see more of him when we play five in middle. He knew today that he had Gilberto behind him.

"He knows when to go into the box, when to join and when he has time on the ball."

Gooner83

Lehmann [7] - no serious problems, steady.

Eboue [8] - got forward well second half and looked comfortable... watch out Lauren!

Toure [10] - Amazing pace, amazing everything!

Senderos [7.5] - Did well... no mistakes and hes been looking class of late.

Flamini [8] - I think this guy just deserves a medal for being a warrior and not complaining about playing out of position.

Pires [8] - Amazing tackle on Vieira... loved it!

Fabregas [10] - Hes so young, hes so amazing i can't wait to see how good hes going to be!

Gilberto [7] - Quiet and another few bad passes but nothing serious and took charge and covered defence well.

Hleb [7.5] - Disappointing first half but made up for it with great pass for second goal.

J. A. Reyes (9) - Our hardest working player, the kid has pace, skill, tricks and movement... if he can get his shooting boots on he will be lethal for us!

Henry [8.5] Not his best performance, outshone by Fab but he did well against an experienced defence and wasn't greedy for the first goal.

Lehmann1

Lehmann - 7 Handled well. Easy night

Eboue - 8 Amazing he had no problems at all last night.

Toure - 10 Immense. Outstanding display

Senderos - 8 Stayed solid. Very good display

Flamini - 8.5 This guy has been truly excellent. Not his favourite position but he has been excellent and has just grown into that left back slot

Reyes - 8 He ran at Juves defence all night. Caused problems

Gilberto - 8 I have criticised him alot in the past but in europe of late he has been excellent.

Fabregas - 10 MOTM

Hleb - 7 Took time to settle but still played well

Pires - 8 I was so dissapointed Wenger had chosen Pires at the begining of the game but he was superb. He really worked hard and was involved in both goals. Even a tackle. Top display

Henry - 9 Led well from the front. Tore Juve to shreds at times.

Wenger 10 Got the tactics spot on 8)

Lord Dula

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I don't know, but I'd bet my bottom buck (or perhaps even my bottom), that Dula was joking...

Non-issue, let's move on...

Key-rect Asa - when do I ever get offended?

Interesting read though re the origins of that phrase - thanks peeps

adjie

10 for Cesc and Toure
9 for Arsène, Titi, Bob and Flamini
8 for the rest of the starting line-up
7 for RvP (sorry mrs rvp, but ur husband came up too late :) )

Special recognition for Phil. He made me eat my words :eek:ops: ,
that he would had troubles with Zlatan/Trez.

Feel sorry for PV4,
I couldn't stand to see his expression after the game :(

psycho_chihuahua

GoonerGurjit said:
SKY SPORTS RATINGS:
Jens Lehmann
Emmanuel Eboue
Kolo Toure
Philippe Senderos
Mathieu Flamini
Alexander Hleb
Gilberto
Cesc Fabregas
Robert Pires
Thierry Henry
Jose Reyes
Robin Van Persie
(SUB) 6

PERFECT Ratings! altho maybe Flamini and Henry could be bumped to 8.5

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom